ITT

The most well-dressed soldiers in history.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_African_Campaign_(World_War_I)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zouave#North_African_dress_influence
youtu.be/4SVC_9V8K5Y?t=237
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably Ottomans, they were /a e s t h e t i c/

black German WW1 soldiers looking fly & on fleek

Polish hussars.

WE WUZ KRAUTS AN SHIEET

You know, Germany really had Black soldiers.

take these bags to the 15th floor, room 45EJ

Looks like turks

>my feet hurt
>the witchcraft pipes are too loud
>this chest skirt itches
>there aren't any mudcookies

Whole 4 of them?

I really like the Samurai look

Around 15k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_African_Campaign_(World_War_I)

They do look quite fashionable, from some images I've been seeing

Thats like 12 hours worth of casualities during battle of Somme

It's the only front where the g*rms invaded Brit territory and one of the most successful guerilla campaigns out there

The Varangians were pretty fucking fly

some of the plate armor looked great

>chest skirt
kek

Gottfried "Götz" von Berlichingen had a mechanical hand in the 16th century. It had a similar function to modern handcuffs:he pushed the fingers and thumb into place so the small teeth within could latch into place. Only a key could release the mechanism and the grip. Renaissance cyborg has to be the best dressed if not then just the coolest

He also had some good banter with enemies

And yet, Krauts lost and this campaign you are talking about had zero impact on the war

>ywn impress pregnant Anne Frank and fill her head with dirty thoughts of doing the Rebel Yell in bed wearing this or the red-trimmed frock coats of the University Greys (still eagerly waiting on that fan story Skrip if you're reading this).

Late Romans 2bh

byzaboo checking in

the mysterious and anti-patriarchal cloaks of the women in the Russian army during WW1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zouave#North_African_dress_influence

it's actually based on North African dress

we wuz assassin's creed

That's actually the new Battlefield 1 DLC. EA really went the full nine yards this time. We've got black German snipers and cavalrymen, and female soldiers too.

They did actually exist though. It's not another "black Germans on the western front" thing.

ok

The Hungarian hussar is outfashionable.

The beautyfullest

Fascist Italy had thousands of Eritrean and Somalian troops who helped fight the French and British.

Not sure what they are but I fucking love these cavalry guys with the blue cloaks
They look straight outta LOTR

Noticed them in this movie's battle scene
youtu.be/4SVC_9V8K5Y?t=237 (at 3:57)

Pretorian guards

I like how these guys would occasionally off dangerous emperors.

""""occasionally""""

""""dangerous""""

What the fuck is this hideous leather LARP gear, it makes me want to vomit

you´re a big emperor

>Shahanshah, I'm SPQR

>Probably Ottomans, they were /a e s t h e t i c/
this

step aside Untermenschen

those shoulder pads are too ridiculous,and there seems to be no ear holes for those helmets and im pretty sure that orange is much too garish

in the colonies sure, not on the Western front

overrated shit

>ywn look as aesthetic as Nazi Germany

England always looks snazzy, even after half of their army gets obliterated by Zulus

for Persians.

I've always had something in me for the French curassiers

The Black Brunswickers, also known as the Black Legion, were a feared German military unit in the Napoleonic Wars.I especially like the look of their cavalry, but honestly all their troops looked pretty badass.

As well as the Old Guard

Schwarze Jäger are pretty up there for me.

Landsknechts definitely deserve honorable mention

Caroleans

>German military unit in the Napoleonic Wars
>feared

This is now epic hat thread.

This was what I first thought of. But really hussars from any country will alway be aesthetic as fuck

WIR

late romans are total garbage!!!!!!!

>varangians in the balkans

Sounds like some of those shitty bands /mu/ listens to.

They got that 'east meet west' thing going

Brtish Legion Light infantry

Savannah GA militia the Republican Guards

Spaniards are monkeys

France stubbornly (prissily) refusing to adopt earth tone uniforms in WWI resulted in this compromise. No red pants, but unmistakably French.

The helmet ruins it

Not sure what these were made of. But yeah the original is a bit better.

SA uniforms are the worst.

Napoleonic-era uniforms. Doesn't matter which nationality because they were all aesthetic as fuck.

Just look how much the Feldgrau or khaki helped the russians and jerries.
France truly had the most Veeky Forums uniforms.

Other than that dagger, sure

Fuck off they never even wore muh black armorXD

absolutely

Croatians tended to sput some nice ottoman/wetern combinations, just like Poles

Forgot the pic lol

Fiji uniforms
Unironically French cuirassiers, Russians civil war white Officer Units (Markov´s, Kornilov´s, Drozdov´s etc) and NKVD officers

Eastern europe in general is best for me. It has certain elegance and roughness in its way of dressing at the same time with Serbs, Croats, Bulgars and Romanians being best.

I dont like modern mil uiforms cause they lack ornamentation and are too utilitarian.

This is a straight up T*rk

Hussars in general are beautiful, especially hungarian.

No, its Croatian, just type in Sinjska alka although I recognise why it looks Turkish but its bound to happen after 300 years of Turkish rule lol.

In any case its different from Turkish because Croats as Catholics were proscribed to wear only black šalvare (type of pants) while Turks would wear different colors.

No, that's literally the same colour t*rks wear, red white and black, with that cloth around their waist and red vest

That's some Hollywood bullshit there. The only distinct uniform they had were their round shields and feathered helmets, plus they had their own insignia on their shields. Pic related.

ww1 era brit/commonwealth uniforms were pretty aesthetic IMO, pic related is the royal newfoundland regiment uniform