How would Ancient Greeks view our modern day traps?

How would Ancient Greeks view our modern day traps?
Disgust? The perfect women?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagoas_(courtier)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What if I told you that some Ancient Greeks were gayer than others?

Impossible.
Inconceivable!

Perfect women.
I can only imagine how disgusting pussy was back then.

You think assholes were any cleaner?

There's a reason they used to just hump thighs mang

Didn't the greeks saw womyn as inferior?
A man trying to be one would be seen as abhorrent.

More evil than inferior, really.

they would have them killed like all ancient societies

Or better than women.

>implying they didn't have sacred eunuchs and crossdressers frolicking around

Worshiped, not even kidding.

they didnt as far as i know

The Galli of Attis and Agdistis, Megabyzoi etc
Aphroditus and hir cult, probably the other herm deities too
Dionysian groups in general
Not even counting mythology like Achilles on Skyros

>all ancient societies
You have no idea what you're talking about.

you tell me what warrior societies would do with men who wanted to act like women

in the east eunuchs were common, but werent they mostly slaves who no one cared about?
All myths with gender changing or castration have a negative meaning.
What about cults? Keep in mind cults are outside of society. There was a festival where boys and girls crossdressed, but you cant compare it to transgenderism

The Romans had a nutty trap who was head of a sun-god cult as Emperor, mate.

>Hierocles was reputedly a favorite and lover of the Roman emperor Elagabalus. He was from Caria and was at some point enslaved and later became a charioteer in the service of Elagabalus. Elagabalus considered the blond Hierocles to be his husband and is credited with saying:

"[I am] delighted to be called the mistress, the wife, the Queen of Hierocles"[1]
After Elagabalus granted Hierocles his freedom he unsuccessfully tried to have Hierocles declared Caesar, which would have made him the emperor's successor.

>sun-god cult as Emperor
to be fair that says it all.

I doubt the commoners or even Republican Rome would approve. Hell i doubt most emperors would approve.

We were talking about Ancient Greece btw.

It doesnt make any sense for ancient socities to approve of men behaving like women etc.

wtf I'm a person with balanced views now

But isn't getting fucked in the ass or sucking dick considered "behaving like women"?

>We were talking about Ancient Greece btw.
Up until some faggot came around and started talking about all ancient societies

>We were talking about Ancient Greece btw
You made the sweeping generalization of 'all ancient societies'
Because you think they were all harsh, savage warrior societies. Many weren't. Rome after the 2nd Punic, Achaeminid Persia, Carthage, all extremely rich and decadent, and somewhat degenerate. Even Greece had a huge culture of fucking adolescents. It's not that much of a stretch.

never happened. Only by aristocratic degenerates. if you are talking about pederasty. It happened seldom and only between the thighs. And quickly faded from society. In a play by Aristophanes or Aschylos some commoners booed a pederastic couple.

that was me, plz no hurt mu fee fees

They were indeed degenerate. But in all of these cultures even noblemen had to be warriors, even persian kings. It just doesnt make sense know what i mean, atleast with regards to transgenderism. Read my upper comment about pederasty

>in the east
Ah yes, Phrygia is practically in China

>eunuchs were common, but werent they mostly slaves who no one cared about?
Nigger, they were high priests and no, most of them weren't former slaves.
Even the secular eunuch "slaves" in the Byzantine, Abbasid and Ottoman empires (it makes more sense to group these together than you might think) were immensely influential anyway.

>cults are outside of society.
Are you retarded? I'm not talking about the "drink the kool-aid" type of cults.

You asked for sacred eunuchs and crossdressers though. The Galli were sacred eunuch crossdressers, end of story.

>Ah yes, Phrygia is practically in China
dont be a smartass

>(it makes more sense to group these together than you might think)
it does

Stilly many mysteries/cults werent mainstream culture. You are right about the Phrygians though. But these are the only ones? i could not find others. atleast looking for romans and greeks

For fuck's sake, homosexual relations and pederasty were probably most popular in Homeric Greece and warlike cities, just like they are most common among the Pashtun today.

>In a play by Aristophanes or Aschylos some commoners booed a pederastic couple.
Because they're stupid plebs. Meanwhile one of Socrates' famous students was Phaedo of Elis, a freed slave and former prostitute noted for his beauty.

>It happened seldom and only between the thighs
I'll grant you that intercrural was more common than anal because of all the problems associated with practicing sodomy in a premodern society but you're completely delusional if you think it doesn't count or something, or that they ONLY ever did intercrural.

Source?

Alexander the Great loved Persian ladyboys

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagoas_(courtier)

Didn't he start a cult or something when his life long fuckbuddy died?

You're probably thinking of Hadrian and Antinous (who wasn't a trap)

keep in mind that everything was written hundreds of years after alexanders death

>Homeric Greece and warlike cities
sauce?
>Because they're stupid plebs
are you seriously implying that non platonic relationships with men and young boys is acceptable?

> but you're completely delusional if you think it doesn't count or something, or that they ONLY ever did intercrural.
never said that. I said it was practiced by degenerates. And if they did they would lose voting rights.

Not to mention that it stopped by the time of alexander and the romans.

>sauce?
Huh, every classical work? Are you seriously asking for source on Homeric Greeks and Thebans, Spartans etc having homosexual relationships?

>it stopped by the time of alexander and the romans.
Now that's a good joke, Meleager of Gadara must be lolling in his grave.

>are you seriously implying that non platonic relationships with men and young boys is acceptable?
Where the fuck do you think you are?

>in the east eunuchs were common, but werent they mostly slaves who no one cared about?
No, Eunuchs were government bureaucrats whom the kings and emperors could trust not to try and usurp the throne, as they were incapable of producing an heir and as such would not be recognized by the court.

In certain places like Han China and the Byzantine Emperor, it was actually common to have your second born son castrated in preparation for a life of civic service. They were paid a handsome state salary and belonged to a fraternity of fellow eunuchs who looked out for each other, and these constituted an important part of the intellectual/professional class. At certain periods of history the official government was a corrupt, incompetent shitshow and eunuchs could rise to positions of incredible power, wielding state power or commanding armies, (though that was more often a sign that there was something horribly wrong with your government)

The whole point of stocking your government with eunuchs is that you wanted people who were unquestionably loyal, to the point where you could leave them alone with your wives without having to worry about one making a move. That's virtually impossible to guarantee with a slave who just had his pecker cut off.

>Byzantine Emperor
Empire*

Very interesting. That makes sense. Did they seriously do that to their own children?

Ok now find sexual intercourse between them. Its bromance mostly

He collected older Poetry

I dont care

>He collected older Poetry
He wrote his own and it frankly reads like his personal diary.

Disgust

Yes. I think that people nowadays think that romance needs sexual intercourse to exist, but that was not always the case.

>Very interesting. That makes sense. Did they seriously do that to their own children?
You were basically guaranteeing your son a life of comfortable, well paid intellectualism, while your line still passed down in your eldest son who would also be your professional apprentice and inherit the house and family business.

He would probably be trained as some kind of scribe or scholar, while spending his youth as a guard or attendant for the wife and children of the emperor. He'd be the smartest and best educated member of your family and live in a big house while your eldest son spent his life toiling away at his trade trying to support his burgeoning family.

Geeh we are talking about a entire civilization, in which one can think whatever they want

Women were morally and psychically inferior, a men playing that may or may not be seen as less who knows?

Castration aside, it was really no different than sending your child to become a monk or a priest in Europe.

>what would bi people think about traps
>seriously asking for an answer to that

>sexual orientation
>ancient greece

*destroys ur gender roles*

I wish that one guy who kept making threads of Miloviech chan and saying that was what the average Greek boy looked like kept posting on Veeky Forums.

Most bi people don't like trannies. That's why tranny lovers had to invent that weird Tumblrina "PANSEXUAL" moniker to signal they like trannies too.

Hijra are considered subhumans in India and basically live as untouchables.

They do live, however.

Also
>The ancient Kama Sutra mentions the performance of fellatio by feminine people of a third sex (tritiya prakriti).[47] This passage has been variously interpreted as referring to men who desired other men, so-called eunuchs ("those disguised as males, and those that are disguised as females"[48]), male and female trans people ("the male takes on the appearance of a female and the female takes on the appearance of the male"),[49] or two kinds of biological males, one dressed as a woman, the other as a man.[50]

t. tranny
>inb4 not an argument
Yes it is.

except that he actually provided a primary source to back up his argument, and all you have to say in response is autism

>tranny pretending to be another user

Gross, they're not even cute.

That's exactly what Indian women look like.

>retard pretends that the IP counter doesn't exist