What if Italy joins the central powers?

In this scenario, Austrungary gives Italy the lands it demanded, becoming eager to join their side.
France has 2 fronts to deal with.
Because of this, France wouldn't be able to fortify their German border.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_I#The_war-time_iron-ore_trade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_iron-ore_mining_during_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiruna_Mine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quick colapse of France britain evacuates then probably a peace deal probably, germany got pretty far in mainland france alone at the start of ww1

No satisfactory reward to sate the Italians' egotism.

They even wanted parts of Austria/Hungary for staying neutral.

Never would they have sided with the CP - even if it would've been defensive. That treaty was just a good excuse (much like Britain going to war over """belgium""").

collapse of italy in months,since 80% of their steel was imported from britain and 45 % of their food was from france

Italians joined the central powers without really thinking about it, they just wanted to piss of France. This was because in the late 19th century, France aggressively took over Tunisia, which was before in a delicate situation where Italy and France were both pressuring to take over it.
Pissed of that the French were acting like cunts, Italy joined the CE, but very quickly came to regret the decision, since that cut them off from acquiring Trento and a whole shitload of the Austro-Hungarian Adriatic coast they autistically considered "theirs". So their hearts never really were into it and it was more or less obvious that Italy was going to at least be neutral, if not supportive of the Entente.
A better question would be, what if the UK decided to turn a blind eye to Mussolini's Ethiopian shenanigans and Italy remained on cordial terms with the Allies through ww2.

>They even wanted parts for staying neutral.
Then what was the point of the triple alliance? Could Austrungary tell Italy that their leader was shot and convince Italy that they declared war out of defense?

>Implying Germany couldn't supply as much steel as Britain.

>Adriatic coast

>look at the map, idiot

The War would have been over by Christmas.

Really? I don't think Italy would have been strong enough to end the war that quickly.

Minor changes since Italy would probably be ineffective against France. They couldn't even take much Austrian land before German reinforcements arrived. I think they would even lose some land from France before Germany could bail them out. So Germany would still need get some of their soldiers bogged down in Italy.

If they are enough to tip the favor and have the CP win, they probably would get back Tunesia and maybe Corsica (which would piss of the French so bad they could have a revanchist Hitler/Mussolini analogue take over). Mussolini wouldn't happen because they got the clay they wanted from Austria.

If the CP still loses, Italy loses Libya and probably some of the land they got from Austria. The Entente wouldn't undo Italian unification though - they didn't dismantle Germany either. The next decades would be similar to what IRL, an even angrier and weaker Fascist Italy would join forces with Nazi Germany.

>Germany would still bog down in Italy

No, Germany could use Italy as a distraction and make one last push to France.

Not as good steel, why do you think Germany had to import iron from Sweden?

You are so fucking retarded I don't know whether to hate you or pity you.

Italy alone would not stand for long against the Entente, they couldn't even defeat Austria. France (with the British) would push through Northern Italy and threaten Austria from the south and try to link up with the Serbs.

Bullshit excuse after bullshit excuse. Italy's prime motivation was selfishness

Even if Italy is comparatively ineffective, simply having Italy in the war would force France to divert many of their soldiers to protect their southeastern border. Britain would also likely be forced to divert a sizeable chunk of the Royal Navy from the North Sea to the Mediterranean, which could have serious consequences.

>Forgetting Germany
>AGAIN

Explain?

>no iron in northern sweden
Do some research instead of just believing a stupid map
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_I#The_war-time_iron-ore_trade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_iron-ore_mining_during_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiruna_Mine

>mama mia austria declera the guerra first!

One thing is sure, they would have had a bigger impact on the war than they had on the Entente

Italy regains savoy and nice