Will Christendom ever again be this united in the face of extinction?

Will Christendom ever again be this united in the face of extinction?

[spoiler]France, your treachery is noted[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_League_of_Cognac
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Spanish_War_(1654–1660)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Portuguese_Succession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Portugal_(1807)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

B-but muh reddit hexagon dindu nuffin!

>countries I don't like are reddit
autism.

Paul pleads in Philippians 2 for us to be like-minded in all things.

Imagine what would happen if the Christian people used ONE Bible, ONE translation, ONE copy of God's Word to preach, teach, baptize, evangelize, and convert?

There is one and only one legitimate Bible. The KJV.

>in the face of extinction

wh*Te dramaqueening in full force.

This. Even if the Turks occupied Vienna and won the war the Golden Age of the Ottomans was long over. They would have made minor territorial gains at most.

>(((duchy of Venice)))

>it took the greatest European powers in the world to take down one lone Islamic empire
Top fucking kek.

And even if they did no one would go extinct. Turks were a minority in their own empire with 1/3 being christians and 1/3 being arabs and other muslims.

It didn't even take it down. The result of the "Great Turkish War" was a few minor territory losses along the frontiers and in 1711 the Ottomans proceeded to rek the Russians in another war.

This was still a great victory of course because the """holy""" league was accustomed to losing.

What about turkified anatolia?

What about it? Anatolia was full of christians until the 1900 when they chimped out and population exchanges happened.

They have been

Sources

That happened before the ottomans took control.
The other turkish beyliks were a bit less cosmopolitan this was probably due to the ottomans being on the frontier so they had to live together with the christians instead of assimilating them.

?

so is the ottoman empire the true antagonist of history, or is that the golden horde/le elephant man

user its commonly known that in places like Izmir and Istanbul there were a million or so greeks while in the east there were also a million or so armenians. This was ofcourse when the population of anatolia was like 10 million in total so they were pretty big minorities.
Ofcourse after the greek went 'muh megali' and the armenians joined the russians both group had to be removed for stability in anatolia.

From our point of view the europeans were the antagonists in history.
I mean if your ancestors didn't threaten the borders of mine they wouldn't have to conquer them.

But if your ancestors didn't threaten my land we wouldn't have threatened yours
h-how deep does this go, user?

Ottomans threatened Europe in response to crusades who were in response to Arab expansions who were in response to Roman expansions who were in response to Barbarian invasions.

In short it's the Gauls fault for pissing off the Romans.

Well my ancestors needed land to graze their sheep on else they would starve.
But the byzies didn't like turkish nomads grazing their lands so the crusades ensued.
To counter the crusades the old turks needed to conquer the byzantines which triggered the balkan kingdoms and from there on its history.

but what exactly made the barbarians sperg out in the first place?
too much strength from their battle brothers' seed?

but user, that land belonged to byzantium
and you know what happens when you give the papacy an inch

Fuck off proddy, proddies allied with Ottomans and never fought against them.

Yeah but the byzantines got it from other peoples again so this goes further.
I think it all started with the gauls attacking rome the first time which then made rome turn into the murdering machine we know them as so they conquered the other latins to be strong enough to conquer the gauls.

seems we've reached a consensus
remove brennus

No meme though if you think about it this goes really deep.
First the gauls attack rome who then attacks the whole of europe which makes the persians attack them who then makes the arabs attack them who then makes the western euros attack them which makes the turks attack them.

so the gauls were the true antagonists.
what drove them to attack rome though?

That's a good question.

Wew this goes pretty far back, appearantly a nobleman from an etruscn city invited the gauls because another nobleman fucked the first guy's wife and he wanted revenge for it with the gauls help.
The second nobleman was threathened because of this and asked rome for help.
Rome sent ambassadors to negotiate a treaty but the negotiations broke off and a roman ambassador killed a gaul chieftain.

>it all started with somebody getting cucked
/pol/ is always right

Damn

I wonder if that little faggot knew what he was starting when he fucked someone else's wife.

>I wonder if that little faggot knew what he was starting when he fucked someone else's wife.
Probably a kid at the very least.

Kek carlos you magnificent faggot.

Did we just accidentally find the cause of all wars?

I think we did.
The last two thousand years of warfare were a thing because one guy fucked another's wife.

Since I like to blame Iran for everything I must mention that it was Achaemenids who spread the pernicious idea of Empires, otherwise it would be all city states mostly minding their own businesses.

should we let /pol/ know?
is it too much of a pill for even them to swallow?

Someone has to.
[spoiler]I wonder what a professional historian would say about our hypothesis[/spoiler]

We'd definitely have to clean it up a bit, there's a noticeable timegap

No, wait, hang on a moment. Sorry to burst your bubble anons but your chain here
is broken.

Crusades were a response to Arab expansion, but did Islam rise in response to the Romans? No, it didn't become a thing until a good threehundred years after Rome fell.

I'm counting the eastern romans as roman here.

Even if the romans didnt cause the rise of islam itself their wars with the persians made the area ripe for conquest.

>[spoiler]France, your treachery is noted[/spoiler]

>mfw lifelong anti-Habsburg pro-French shill Sobieski whose entire plan was to maintain peace with the Ottomans and reconquer Prussia got bamboozled into saving the Habsburgs who have spent the first half of his reign funding plots to dethrone him and he ended up stuck fighting Turks for the rest of his reign

We French don't sympathize with those who attack in group

We deeply value fairness and honor, so we can't be as shameless as Gayropeans

>Christendom

The Lutherans were literally praying (and fighting) for Turkish victory.

But what about non-european wars?
>inb4 natives/africans/asians were completely peaceful

In this war some French mercenaries switched to Ottoman side.

>We French don't sympathize with those who attack in group
Lol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_League_of_Cognac
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Spanish_War_(1654–1660)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Portuguese_Succession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Portugal_(1807)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya

>be Jan Sobieski
>fail to accomplish any of your goals
>fail to establish your family as a lasting dynasty
>be remembered as a hero of Christianity for centuries

Was it worth it?