Why didn't the Spaniards help the French in Haiti?

Spanish Empire had an army of 100,000 men in Saint Domingue in the other corner of the Island.

Why didn't they send help?

They could have saved white haiti

Because 'lol, French'.

Why would they want to?

>Spanish Empire had an army of 100,000 men in Saint Domingue in the other corner of the Island.

Source on this? This is close to the period of the Latin American Wars of Indepdence and the Spanish didnt have those kind of numbers

>Why didn't they send help?
Why would they?

They're French. Why should they help them?

They don't care. You think there was fucking solidarity with "euros" or "whites"?
If Spain didn't have other Slave colonies and thus wasn't threatened by the presence of an independent former slave nation (not like it didn't prevent people from nations that embargo'd Haiti from doing some trade with it) they'd have no problems trading with Haitians.

Haiti was literally a "slaves, slaves and more slaves". It was infamous for it being THE slave plantation colony of the day with people recognizing and meming it as such back then. there were more blacks and probably more mullatoes as well.

The Spanish sympathised with their fellow non-whites?

>Spanish Empire had an army of 100,000 men in Saint Domingue

They didn't even have a population of 100,000.

Supposedly over navarre and aquitania. The spanish were trying to recover their former territories. I know they traded some new world lands with the french to recover other than that they hated the french because of the attrocities of the french empire.

>other than that they hated the french because of the attrocities of the french empire.
Elaborate?

I thought Spain and France were in an anti-English alliance at this time. Am I wrong?

You didn't need to be in an alliance to hate the English at the time.

>100.000 men
Try 1.000

They didn't have that many men. And they had ceded Santo Domingo to the French, so I'm not even sure there were any Spanish soldier left on Hispaniola. Maybe a colonial militia. Also the Spanish were the ones who were arming the initial slave uprising, as Spain was at war with the new Republic and Haiti was a cashcow for the French. Louverture, for example, was first part of the slave uprising that styled itself as royalist, switched over to outright allegiance to the Spanish before going back to the French.

>Aquitaine
>Spanish territory

What atrocities? Scratch that, what French empire? The Haiti revolution started before Napoleon even came close to power, and ended right after he coronated himself. And the Spanish and French were allies for a bit until their king abdicated in favor of Napoleon's brother and that sparked a civil war.

You're not. They were at war for a bit after Louis XVI's execution, the Spanish army got trashed and the French were advancing in Navarra. They didn't want to be turned into a "sister republic", so they asked for peace and an alliance. The French accepted, in exchange of territory and the help of the Spanish fleet against the British.

Maybe becayse they were at war with France, tard
The only reason Haiti could revolt in the first place was because France was at war with the entire civilized world

>white haiti
/pol/tards are the laughing stock of this website

>white haiti
but that´s Quebec

Why would Spain help France in the Caribbeans when pic related was occuring at the Spanish-French border?

Why have Spaniards always been so shit at war? I have no doubt the Aztecs would have rekt them if it wasn't for the following;

>The believe that there arrival of the Spaniards was part of the return of kukulkan
>Yuro deceases
>Aztec warfare revived around maiming the opponent, not killing them, this was for their blood sacrifices

>Why have Spaniards always been so shit at war?
Literally wut? France was losing in Catalonia during the wars of the Pyrenees btw

They were actually pretty good in the 16th and early 17th century
All Europe feared them
Then the French broke them down at Rocroi in 1643 and everything went downhill from there

Well, they weren't helped by the government. The King was a literal cuckold, and the guy behind power was a corrupt incompetent retard.

>France was losing in Catalonia during the wars of the Pyrenees btw

The Spanish managed to kinda hold on to Catalonia while the French were at war with litterally all of Europe*

>always
The french started five (5) wars of aggression over Italy, going as low as allying with muslims, and five times they were stopped. And this is only under Charles V.

>Why have Spaniards always been so shit at war?

they were the best army in the world for 200 years of so...they went to shit for the same reason the French did in the late 19th and early 20th century, terrible leadership.

fun forgotten part of history is the 18th century Spanish wars in the American south-west. they fucking wrecked the Comanche and Kiowa in some of the largest and most epic battles the American west ever saw.

shows that when the Spanish were led well they were still a great army.

only americans think there's or was racial solidarity out there

The Americans did a lot for the French refugees, though. Sadly that backfired, a huge epidemic started from those refugees. Turns out taking in tens of thousands of people barely escaped from a yellow fever infested hellhole isn't a good idea.

It just goes to show how dog shit Veeky Forums is that I can't even tell if you're being ironic or not.

>they fucking wrecked the Comanche and Kiowa in some of the largest and most epic battles the American west ever saw.

I'm sure native Americans put up a pretty spectacular resistance to one of the, if not the largest, Empire in the world at the time.

It was probably like 100 proto-cowboys against thousands of apaches.I don't know anything about the conflict as I am not the guy that you are replying to btw

Veeky Forums is a god awful board but I was being legit.

in 1779 De Anza led around 2000 Spanish troops and Navajo/Ute allies from Taos up the San Luis Valley deep into the Southern Rockies of modern day Colorado.

They crossed the upper Arkansas and circled around Pikes Peak and came out of the mountains at roughly the current location of Colorado Springs.

Moving south they surprised the shit out of the Comanches and their Kiowa allies. A week long running battle ensued along the Arkansas river valley where the Spanish defeated the Comanche so thoroughly that they left New Mexico alone for a generation.

probably one of the larger battles of the American-Indian wars.