I'm an Idea Guy that has an idea for an app, but can't code but also can't afford a coder too

I'm an Idea Guy that has an idea for an app, but can't code but also can't afford a coder too.

Is it possible to get an investor on board with an with an idea before a product has started?

Realistically, I guess my best bet is to have some type of another co-founder on board that would pitch in money with me equally. Maybe family members, my parents, cousins, Etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1t4m9wlyXlZgeeeIEbZZLZQC2z6MKxtYiMdMeC8IdwoM/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZQ8vZx4iVj34DQ_fk-XU6o5oQImz_QtfpPSX3_FMW9E
sys.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=PDu9CvbrnlM
reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/comments/5kru3t/my_response_to_someone_asking_for_app_dev_for_a/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off, Riley.

>I'm aN iDeA gUy

>I'm an Idea Guy
BWAHAHAHAHAH

>I'm an Idea Guy that has an idea for an app, but can't code but also can't afford a coder too.
Wow, I guess you had better get in line behind all the other retards who have posted those exact same words then.

No. Ideas are worth _nothing_ if you can't deliver on them in any form whatsoever. Not good with the tech? Fine, partner up with somebody who is - be prepared to have the skills to handle every other aspect of the business tho (meaning: marketing/legal/networking etc).
You won't get any money by being an "ideas guy" and you will be laughed out off the room.

AHAHAHAH
You don't have money nor skills and you want to split equally. If you are lucky someone might give you a couple dollars for your "idea".

Yeah, looks like we got ourselves a genuine Idea Guy © here boys. Pretty gross indeed.

Sounds like Winklevoss before Zuckerberg told them to fuck off and launched the product himself.

Idea guy is just a synonym for a lazy bastard who does not want to do the hard work of making there idea actualized. Just fucking learn to code.

Ask Mark Zuckerberg

I can code, what's your idea?

I can code in CSS, I am professional CSS programmer and even sometimes try to code in HTML, tell me what bothers you child

who is this spunk hunk

That is zazef, from the YouTube channel zazef. He makes the best video. You are welcome.

Let's check the free market.
Decent coder: couple grand a month.
Ideas: $0.

lol fucking idiot

>CSS programmer
kek

What's your idea?

Your idea is worth nothing, running a business is like growing a child. What's your idea, I am a coder and could possibly help you only if I see potential.

I also laughed

Best thread on /biz

I'm an idea guy as well.

These guys that belittling guys like us would jump at the opportunity if we were to pay them.

Elon Musk is an idea guy with some technical ability..all he ever made himself was PayPal but any dingus could have done that at the time.

But his best gift is presenting his ideas and acting like he actually does anywork on his projects. This brings on the money.

So the path to success for us idea guys is to know some basic knowledge about what wee want to do, present it to people with money (or spend our own) and make it happen.

>I'm an Autistic Guy that has an idea for an app, but can't code but also can't afford a coder too.

>Spend our own money
It's ok this way. If you have a worthless idea and no money to invest, you can go fuck yourself. In my opinion OP wants some tech guy to do all the work, then jump in with a working product without giving the dev a dollar. This is one of the most cancerous behaviours in this fucking start up bubble.

Protip: we, the tech autists, are gonna make it. You are doomed to stay poor.

Learn to code. Then you have skill. Profit!

Yeah, I believe that's the best way to do it.

Not op but the knowledgeable gentlemen in this thread might be able to answer my question. Lets say I want to build an app that is basically like any other flashcard program or ideally something like memrisedotcom. What language should I study and how long do you think it will take If I spend 3-4 hours a day on it?

QASM

>QASM

>QASM is a simple text-format language for describing acyclic quantum circuits composed from single qubit, multiply controlled single-qubit gates, multiple-qubit, and multiple-qubit controlled multiple-qubit gates.

>quantum programming

ok you made a funny now please tell me which language should I actually learn and which resource should I use.

As a programmer I have people like you hound me constantly.
Your idea is not unique, nobody wants to code for you for free or for stake in the "company", and most of them make more money than you can offer to write your shitty app anyway.
So. Fuck. Off.

Just set up a kikestarter or patreon.

Java and Android studio for Android apps. If you want to build for other platforms pivot to C#.

this guy hit me up, legit feel bad for him

i described him to a friend as the equivalent to someone at guitar center playing stairway to heaven asking you to join their band --

only in his sceneario it's worse == you have to form the band and play the music and you don't get paid until Riley is rich

Here's my idea:
docs.google.com/document/d/1t4m9wlyXlZgeeeIEbZZLZQC2z6MKxtYiMdMeC8IdwoM/edit?usp=drivesdk

I think it's solid idea that would be successful if designed well. It'd be new and unique enough where it'd get people's attention. I have a variety of people interested - including a coder.

The challenge now is to drum up money to fund the venture.

I'm thinking I'll realistically have to convince family & friends to help invest, as a bona-fide investor isn't likely to hand out money when he can't see or touch what he's investing in. I get it.

As for me:

$1,300 a month contribution, starting December

My role:

From the beginning, I'll take on & create as many tasks as I can perform to stay actively involved as a 'general helper' role: Answering or making phone calls/emails, assisting anyone with their work in any way that I'd be capable of, traveling to meet with anyone, helping assure our goals are being addressed as smooth as they can - anything that I'd be capable of doing.

To make it as fair as possible, I'll only accept an ownership of the company that reflects my contribution to it, to avoid any animosity from me getting more of a compensation than I deserve. Furthermore, once the company expands and is met with success, I'll only accept an income that reflects the assistant secretarial-like work I'll be doing.

One of the founders of Snapchat was an "Ideas Guy" and indeed he took on responsibilities that he wasn't competent for, which caused enough friction within the company to bring about his ousting. To avoid this, we'll ensure I take on appropriate responsibilities, along with a compensation that teflects my contribution.

And it's Jazz Improv or you're out. A shitty idea I expect!

My traits:

Always an urge for improving the efficiency or quality in the workplace or my own shortcomings, down to any specific detail, and would contact whoever need be to improve - same attitude for accomplishing tasks

Usually calm, without an ego or pretensions. Will see the best in people, with desire to connect with anyone's chemistry, along with striving to bring our the best in people.

Willing to be put long hours in, along with getting cross-trained in anything without question, to help others or myself.

Looking at issues multi dimensionally, and putting respect first and foremost in my conversation with whoever I speak to, no matter the circumstance or attitude.

Programmer here. I'm bored and don't have any ideas on what to do. What's up?

>It's Facebook but for this

And by the way, the coder who's interested sent me a portfolio a few hours ago:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZQ8vZx4iVj34DQ_fk-XU6o5oQImz_QtfpPSX3_FMW9E

I also have a few college grads from other talents as well interested...If you check my idea out again here: You'll see that it's an idea with a lot of potential. I need to make the big dick power move of collecting funds from people close to me to make it happen with a coder though, in exchange for an investment in the company or something, which we'd have to work out later

Check it out brother, tell me what you think:

sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1t4m9wlyXlZgeeeIEbZZLZQC2z6MKxtYiMdMeC8IdwoM%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Ddrivesdk

Nah. The first phase alone - the stage that's be finished once the app launches - that has not been successfully tried before; connecting the general public together based off mutual interests in a platonic way.

We avoid the pitfall of having this get the reputation of a dating app...But rather an app that the average person would use ro connect with like-minded people, and we'll be in the money

As you want, kiddo.

Why do you think you'll have any success when Google plus died a death with all of the money Google have to throw at it? On top of that, Facebook quickly adds features from any market leader to try and squash them - so if you did get it off the ground Facebook would add the same functionality before you have a chance to make serious bank. If you truly believe in your idea, go to a bank with it and ask for a loan - if you ask family and friends for investment you'll end up very lonely when your idea tanks.

Here's how it will go if you get into bed with someone much much more experienced than you.

Most likely your idea is shit. But if it isn't and some big businessman likes it, he will sit down with u, pretend to listen to u, then talk mad shut about how you're a failure and your idea is trash. Then when you go home sad and rejected, he will take you're idea and with his business contacts and coders he will turn your idea into millions of dollars and you'll be left sitting in the corner masturbating using your tears as lube

>docs.google.com/document/d/1t4m9wlyXlZgeeeIEbZZLZQC2z6MKxtYiMdMeC8IdwoM/edit?usp=drivesdk

I literally just designed this app and currently being developed. Don't waste your time.

- Q

youtube.com/watch?v=PDu9CvbrnlM

Scope too big for someone who has no prior products shipped and no funds. Social media apps usually fail without large marketing budgets or niche target bases neither of which this has. 2/10 would not work for free on it or even consider stealing the idea.

reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/comments/5kru3t/my_response_to_someone_asking_for_app_dev_for_a/

so let's say your idea somehow starts working and you're gaining tens/hundreds of thousand of users

what will stop facebook from implementing the parts that make it work on their own platform?

beat me

This

you'll never make it far as an 'idea guy' unless MAYBE if you have god-tier connections

even if you're great. which you just can't know, your ideas may be good but may also be utter shit

i personally see nothing of value in that google doc, but i'm not a social platforms guy so w/e (im not even on facebook)

try to be something more than an 'idea guy', or live with insane frustration till the end of your miserable life

>Scope too big for someone who has no prior products shipped and no funds

>The app would solely begin by allowing like-minded users connecting with each other in real time, based on various categories of interest, by sending invite-notifications to each other. Examples to connect could range from local sports, finding a church buddy, college kids seeking a study buddy, musicians connecting, singles looking to date, to general hangouts. Facebook is brilliant at staying in touch with established contacts, this will be brilliant in establishing those contacts.

It wouldn't be a walk in the park, but that's where we'd start until we get more funds
Right, right. It'd be built in phases though.

Interested... but how would you market this app?

Your first step is basically just a messaging app that recommends people to other people based on interests or goals.

Wow, truly amazing.

Talking about advertising? Well the great thing about a new idea that hasn't been successfully tried before is that it'd spread like wildfire if the public catches on. It'd only spread when more success comes in and more features are rolled out too, which is great.

For that first phase of getting people to connect to each other though..

Because that hasn't been tried before, it'd just take a very simple 1+1=2 style of advertisements showing how simple and easy to use the app is, and the people would catch on, simply from it being new and different.

That's what we have going for us - it'd be so new and different that all it'd take is a basic way of showing how it'd work

>Why do you think you'll have any success when Google plus died a death with all of the money Google have to throw at it?

They competed with facebook, stupidly.

>Facebook quickly adds features from any market leader to try and squash them

I'm aware of this, and we'll be safe from that. So, the first phase of the app:

>The app would solely begin by allowing like-minded users connecting with each other in real time, based on various categories of interest, by sending invite-notifications to each other. Examples to connect could range from local sports, finding a church buddy, college kids seeking a study buddy, musicians connecting, singles looking to date, to general hangouts. Facebook is brilliant at staying in touch with established contacts, this will be brilliant in establishing those contacts.

Facebook wouldn't implement that feature lol. That'd totally redesign what Facebook is all about.

We'll work with Facebook in that Facebook is brilliant for staying connected with friends, where this app is designed to make friends, you know.

An app that's brilliantly designed to establish connections for you hasn't been tried yet. I believe the want for it is there, and if somebody does they'll get very rich.

>I am professional CSS programmer

First confirmed Veeky Forums female.

>we'll make millions

>For that first phase of getting people to connect to each other though..

>Because that hasn't been tried before

You're delusional

>Facebook wouldn't implement that feature lol.

Why? They already have the preferences, hobbies of everyone. All they need is a "looking for" category and tie that up in their messenger app, so that it lists people with similar interests/goals as you that are currently near you, in a list for you to message

Why would you do this when Anki exists???
Java for android app.