Comfy inca stonework

Peru is a highly seismic land and for centuries the mortar-free construction proved to be apparently more earthquake-resistant than using mortar. The stones of the dry-stone walls built by the Incas could move slightly and resettle without the walls collapsing, a passive structural control technique employing both the principle of energy dissipation (coulomb damping) and that of suppressing resonant amplifications.[25]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5pZ7uR6v8c
globocation.com/the-marvels-of-incan-architecture-earthquake-proof-construction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People of Inca civilization were masters of the polished 'dry-stone walls', called ashlar, where blocks of stone were cut to fit together tightly without any mortar. The Incas were among the best stonemasons the world has ever seen[24] and many junctions in their masonry were so perfect that even blades of grass could not fit between the stones.

S

U

P

E

R

I

O

R.

>superior
>wiped out by a cough

>pigs are the pinacle of eurangutan superiority
Hmm...

You should ask a modern stonemason how he would make this.

Then you can watch him laugh hysterically when you tell him that it was done without lasers or modern machine tools.

Egypt and ancient Europe had similar buildings, albeit fewer than the Inca's, 3000 years before them

source?

Egypt, 1300 bc

they look like Japanese walls, another pacific rim state

Nah they don't, what you posted has a much poorer stonework

That's an Egyptian thing. No other place in the world was advanced as them.

Europeans had similar stonework, pic related

So did Indus Valley iirc. Plenty more advanced too.

Not comparable to, OP.

Indus valley used fire bricks, not drystone walls, I don't know if it's more "advanced", it's just different

That's true, but it was advanced in other ways. They built buildings that (iirc) could withstand seasonal floods, purposely had these buildings connected to outer walls which formed a barrier to the noise and dust on the street and an urban sanitation system underground that all the other buildings were connected to.
Not to mention the bricks that formed their buildings were completely uniform in size.

I still think it's very impressive what the Inca's did by themselves too. Fascinating really.

No they used the same methods. A mould mould would be made of the space between the stones they wanted to fill and the stones carved to fit the mould and sometimes smaller stones that would go above it before they were put into place.

Both had imperfections, Japan had the luxury of mortar, the Incas made sure the spaces were behind the wall, both for appearance and to prevent enemies gaining footholds and such.

take a look

Modern stone mason here. It's possible.

It may be the some of the best stonework in the world and the style is as un european as it gets but its not extraterrestrial.

I dont know enough about the Incan society, but if I had 40 expert masons, 200 laborers, unlimited time and resources, and the support of a king or high priest it could be done. My grand kid may have to finish it but it could be done.

If my pic is possible why not that? Notice the perfectly circular collums and extreme regularity of the cut stone. And they do use mortar but a miniscule amount with perfect regularity compared to modern stonework.

Also what kind of stone did they use in peru? If it was relatively soft and easy to work, like limestone, it can be shaped pretty easily woth very basic tools

t. reptilian trying to hide the truth

I know you're memeing but nothing pisses me off more than people who say "There's no way X could have been accomplished without Y, Z modern techniques/equipment!"

No, fuck you, it could have. Just because your ass can't figure it out doesn't mean people with vastly more time, experience, ingenuity and resources couldn't.

post a neat example of someone doing the same then

youtube.com/watch?v=E5pZ7uR6v8c

Relevant to stonehenge. And this is just one dude fucking around with this in his back yard as a hobby.

Mason poster here. Remember an entire society built these walls, not a lonely hobbiest trying to prove internet crazies wrong.

>Mason

Illuminati out

>freemasons desperately trying to disprove ancient aliens conspiracy

Why?

Veeky Forums is unironically making me hate the Incas.

i was gonna call you a faggot but /pol/ made me hate the crusades

still gonna call you a faggot

We must now say something about the large and almost incredible buildings of Tiahuanaco. There is an artificial hill, of great height, build on stone foundations so that the earth will not slide. There are gigantic figures carved in stone ... these are much worn which shows their great antiquity. There are walls, the stones of which are so enormous it is difficult to imagine what human force could have put them in place. And there are the remains of strange buildings, the most remarkable being stone portals, hewn out of solid rock; these stand on bases anything up to 30 feet long, 15 feet wide and 6 feet thick, base and portal being all of one piece ... How, and with the use of what tools or implements, massive works of such size could be achieved are questions which we are unable to answer ... Not can it be imagined how such enormous stones could have been brought here ...
>t. Inca Garcilaso de la Vega

why would you not trust a mason on the subject of masonry?

The answer is simple. Andean people are the most laborious people of the world even today. The indigenous population has a pretty much busy organization and duties between their agricultural people.

>Remember an entire society built these walls
Ok but how? These are just walls, I assume they didn't waste years to build them, so how exactly, technically, did they build these walls all over the country?
I still can't figure the trick.

Because Inca state had a weird tax system where they had to work for the state several times a year.

Technically ffs. How did they mesure and cut the stones so accurately?

It's not impossible nowadays, but it needs a lot of people. They probably used quipus of the measures and carved the rest of the stone when it was already on top of the others.

they used different sizes of quartz hand hammers, the polishing isnĀ“t heavy work really, you can do one rock in OP pic in just an hour

Ever cut stone? They split. Watch a youtube about how the still cut huge granite slabs.

They score a line, drill a few small holes, put some wedges in, and tap it with a hammer.

The entire granite block breaks along the scoreline to near laser precision. It's fascinating.

A little polishing, and you've got granite columns/blocks to play with, that weigh many dozens of tons.

But how long does it take seriously? Our cathedrals are made of geometrical stones that can be cut "in series", and it took a solid century to build each of them with specialized and numerous labour force... These are simple walls and each stone is a unique piece of art manufactured with milimetric precision.

you can saw through stone quite easily using the right techniques in a matter of days.

Takes months, years or decades depending on the volume of the workforce. Maybe it was a social thing for the whole city.
>hey want to saw some stone and talk shit about the priests?
>sure.

>Oh shit, after about 4 years we're done with this wall, what do we do now?
>Lets build another one over here
>Okay, see you next sawday.

Who the fuck knows.

Site close to cuzco

I really want this to be the reality of it

Those structures probably too centuries to make without fucking up. No really I see things like Angkor Watt and wonder how did they not fuck that up

How do you do it when you have almost nothing but copper to work with?

>what kind of stone did they use in peru? If it was relatively soft and easy

Idk, but that shit isn't soft.

...there's a Starbucks near Cuzco?

It's the second largest city in Peru, why wouldn't it have Starbucks?

You fucking dummy

granite is soft?

I've been to Cuzco, can confirm. The Starbuck is located around the Plaza Mayor del Cusco.

>The approach to moving and placing the enormous stones remains uncertain, probably involving hundreds of men to push the stones up inclines.

exactly how many men do you need to push an enormous stone up a mountain to Machu Picchu?
Did they shape the stones on site, or elsewhere>

Lmao sorry I thought Cuzco was in the middle of nowhere like Macchu Pichu was.

>how did they work with stone when all they had was stone tools

>thousands of inca structures with imperfect stonework
>choose the best one and claim the aliens did it

No, that's not how it works you fuck. The were able to do it because [spoiler]Incas are superior to Europeans.[/spoiler]

circumnavigation > good ashlar

>thousands of inca structures with imperfect stonework
copies of an older, more perfect work?

(You)

globocation.com/the-marvels-of-incan-architecture-earthquake-proof-construction/

awww but now i can't press my magical native killed by ebil white man narrative

America belongs to Amerindians the same as europe belongs to europeans. How is this not true?

It's also pre-Inca, and way above the sea level.

Fucking idiot.

t. eurangutan

Because he doesn't want to hear an answer he doesn't agree with. He's an unbearable autist, this site attracts many of them.