Humans exist for 200,000 years

>humans exist for 200,000 years
>only 6000 years of written history
Wtf were humans doing before that

Fuckin' probably

Raw dirty cave sex must have been insanely good, before any of the dopamine-axis-frying comforts of civilization.

Whacking eachother over the head with clubs for deer meat

Shitposting

I imagine there was a lot of trial and error going on

trying not to be devoured by prehistoric beasts or mauled by neanderthals

really? I mean what about common sense?

Being hunter-gatherers, the natural state of humans. Civilization is more of an accident, really.

Maybe but for more complex things like writing and language, it probably must've taken a while to figure it all out.

I wouldn't really know 2bh, I just like posting funny pictures of cavemen

Killing, being killed, starving to death, starting farms and mostly dying. Some oral traditions rose up esecially once agriculture became a thing.

But yeah mostly dying horribly, and that was true for 99% of people centuries after major civilizations like Mesopotamia began.

They were living close-to perfect, largely peaceful lives and felt no need to write down any "History". It was only when the Kali Yuga began, and with it religious warfare, that history began to be written down. Same with every story and legend, they were originally passed on mouth-to-mouth, they only began to be written down because people stopped passing them on. Gilgamesh would be the best example.

fpbp

would't it be funny to sit down and have a chat with them? I mean what were they thinking, feeling and desiring etc?

Human tendency to see the time before as some sort of golden age. Though for the Greeks living in the Greek dark ages they were pretty correct, and im sure that applies to other times as well.

this

>They were living close-to perfect, largely peaceful lives and felt no need to write down any "History".
le noble savage meme

Isn't human intelligence a bit too much for a successful hunter gatherer?

It would probably be like talking to a 4 year old

No human tribes were slaughtering eachother all over Afro-Eurasia. There was no peace at all.

Hadn't been created by God yet, so

Mint Larson thread lads

Mostly trying to survive in harsh climates vs all kinds of creatures. There were monsters in the dark once you know.

This one died out about 100k years ago. Apparently we generally lived alongside them.

BLACKID

I love these

Working 4 hours a day a fucking each other with no moral restrain.

For 130,000 of those, being apes.

For 60,000 of those, being primitive people with slowly accumulating cultures, languages and mental complexity.

For 6,000 of those, being people basically like today living on small farmsteads and in small chiefdoms, who had all the capability linguistically and physically to attain our current rate of advancement, but none of the foundation.

For the past 4,000 years, we've been living in settled societies.

You need to accumulate a language of sufficient complexity to articulate ideas first or even to be able to make abstractions mentally.

What are animals and/or abos still doing right now? That's probably what humans were doing before civilization.

Its Gary Larson in case you're wondering. Him and Paul Kirchner are probably my favorite comic artists t b h

There's something comfy about them, I love the Far Side, something about the way Larson portrays Cavemen and pretty much anything tickles me

Wandering around hunting and gathering. Fucking. Probably playing around and joking most of the time. A wonder how they did it all without beer, makes sense that they dedicated all their time to making alcohol once they discovered it.

>A wonder how they did it all without beer
They had psychedelics and all kinds of herbs

idyllic existence