1 / 2

1 / 2

This is just the beginning.
We're going to make it OmiseBros. Be patient.
Thailand, perfect test bed for the emerging mass adoption of crypto based technologies and digital assets.
How do you not believe in and support Omise and OmiseGO in their mission after reading this?
How do you, with a straight face, believe this is a shitcoin?
Why are you, literally, not holding any OMG?

oxfordbusinessgroup.com/overview/well-connected-country-continues-establish-itself-it-hub-asean

> Thailand is quickly going from being a secondary player in the world of technology to a regional, if not global, leader.
> The country is now arguably the centre of ICT in ASEAN
> Most active smartphone users in region.
> The government is supporting technology with official policies and programmes.

1) E-Commerce

> Thailand is clearly outperforming in specific areas within the technology sector.
> The country was reported to have the fastest-growing e-commerce market in South-east Asia, for example.
> Thailand’s e-commerce sector is expected to grow by 20% in 2017.
> Thai consumers are extremely active online shoppers... outside of the urban centres a full 85% of the people shopping on the internet are doing so via their mobile phones.

2) E-Payments

> E-commerce is expected to be boosted by the development of Thailand’s cashless society and the establishment of e-payments infrastructure.
> Late in the year, Alibaba’s Ant Financial unit entered Thailand. It formed a joint venture with Ascend Money, part of Charoen Pokphand Group (Ascend is now 20% owned by Alibaba). Alipay is transferring technology to the Thai company to allow it to engage in offline e-payments and micro-loans.
> Commentators predicted that 2016 would be the tipping point for e-payments as a result of the combination of the growth in smartphone sales, the strong and fast-developing infrastructure, and official efforts to promote e-payments.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/assets/omisego/#markets
asiaoutlookmag.com/outlook-features/mcdonalds-thailand
dividend.com/how-to-invest/comparing-dividend-stock-sectors-by-yield/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2 / 2

3) Government Push

> In early 2017 the Bank of Thailand issued a notice allowing the use of the technology by financial institutions in the outsourcing of services.
> “The government is in the process of adapting to an age where investment in ICT services is a necessary endeavour, rather than just the purchase of new hardware and equipment. It has, however, done well in supporting the private sector to adopt new technology.”

4) Money Business

> The Stock Exchange of Thailand is forming a special marketplace designed specifically for start-ups. The hope is to have it up and running in 2017. Companies will not be required to have any history of performance; they can list from the day of their formation. The government is hoping that start-ups will help boost the economy as the country moves from being a manufacturing centre to an economy that is more knowledge based.

5) Regulatory Changes

> In early 2016 a 20-year Digital Development Plan for Economy and Society was published by the government. It called for not only the development of relevant “hard” infrastructure, but also for steps to be taken to transform Thailand into a more digital society. The government plans to introduce or amend a wide range of legislation in pursuit of digital development. These laws will cover everything from electronic transactions to personal data.

i have only have 100 Oh My Gods but i'm gonna buy more in the dip

>Thailand
>The place where there are more traps and lady boys than normal people
>The place where if you don't have herpes, you're weird

Sure thing. Those lady boys with herpes are going to revolutionize crypto.

> Omise, (private) parent company
> "Omise" means store in Japanese
> Omise developed Omise FacePay, an AI and facial recognition software for loyalty programs

> OmiseGO, blockchain payment network
> launching a digital platform that other developers can build upon
> Microsoft, Apple, Google, and ETH are digital platforms that developers can build upon
> With the OMG platform, developers can build payment applications without having to go through the tedious (and costly) process of setting up an international payment networ
> 70% of Southeast Asia does not bank
> SEA is the WORLD's fastest growing region of internet usage, adding an astounding 4 million new users per month
> The Omise and OmiseGO platforms are the solution-- buyers and sellers can use the blockchain payment system without the need of a bank to confirm transactions
> Using a sentiment analysis algorithm, OmiseGO is at an all-time high across all social media platforms
> Who is competing with OmiseGO in the blockchain, digital payment market?
> No one.
> $100 billion market cap is reasonable if it gets accepted by users in the Asia-Pacific region, starting with Thailand

> OmiseGO began its development under the name Omise Blockchain Lab, back in 2015
> The OmiseGO ICO started in July 2017
> OmiseGO is an ETH-based blockchain network that will allow people to transfer money interchangeably from one platform to another, regardless of geographic or institutions jurisdiction
> OmiseGO will become the status quo for decentralized payment and exchange services

> September news to look out for
> Disrupt SF 2017
> Sept. 18-20
> Jun, CEO of Omise, will be on the ICO panel
> will talk about Omise and their ICO, OmiseGO

had a dream last night it goes to 30 usd this month
>get in boyos

Only 30? Sounds like a nightmare. Unironically believe it will hit 40+

[Spoiler] and correct down to 30 then make its way up to 700 as per the plan [/spoiler]

$700 is meme.....unless you know something none of us know

You guys are embarrassing just relax with the fucking shilling, it's a decent coin but seriously... GOOGLE APPLE MCDONALDS just embarrassing

*teleports behind you
*unsheathes palm beach report

boyos...i hope you are buying OMG

i don't trust that literally pdf

>predicted bitshare to reach 3rd largest market cap

Selective bias as fuck, yeah they called ETH but have missed so many calls

1$ next month, dont miss it

Can't wait to stake my 750 OMG.

It doesn't take (((experts))) to speculate the future of a coin who's company is making huge legitimate partnerships and already has mainstream use.

BTC hasn't done this. Eth hasn't done this. Et al. The fact that this is still a $10 coin proves that the entire crypto community is poorly informed and just chases pumps they read about on Reddit and watch from vloggers.

Based hotwheels this one's for you

f

i heard minimum to stake was 1000

S

Source? I'll buy 250 more if you can provide it.

I have yet to see a legitimate partnership, I see speculation... yeah omise has some """partnerships""" in that you can use omise as a payment in certain places (extremely common in Thailand).

What did Hotwheels do?

I don't understand this comment, the McDonald's one is confirmed.
> They met with Hester Chew, the CEO of McDonald's Thailand
> Confirmed that McD Thai will be slowly changing their current pay systems to Omise
> This will help out OmiseGO in the long run... because the two works together
I understand what you mean though. I wish they had legitimate articles about this kind of stuff, not just one tweet. I can't even find any Thai articles about this, but I might have to try google translating relevant keywords from English to Thai to match up.

is it really a good time to buy this shitcoin?

I've seen no statement for McDonalds on this though, it's a tweet I'd treat it carefully... especially given some of the rumours I've heard

>believing the hype and twitter pics

have fun with those bags boys

> They met with Hester Chew
> Literally the CEO Thai-Jew of McDonald's Thai
> Literally pictures of them meeting
I get what you're saying though... no articles anywhere about this besides the pictures and tweets. I wish they were more transparent about this kind of stuff, so we can actually """"know"""" what's up.

This coin is so fucking comfy

Only top 20 coin to actually be in the green on a 1 week chart after this stupid China ban bitcoin for the 249th time

Not to mention, only about 3-5% of OMG trade volume comes from Chink exchanges, so OMG is very China-resistant.

how do you know what country the trading volume comes from?

Steady growth without pump and dumps that so many shitcoins face.

This one is a guaranteed winner. Proceeding to go all in rn.

coinmarketcap.com/assets/omisego/#markets

Not much activity on chink exchanges

their population in 2000 was 6.2 mil now it's 9.1 mil

their country is going to be FULL of progressives by 2040
crypto is the future due to the ease of access and anonymity
you can't just get rid of that

Asia Outlook talks to Hester Chew, Chairman of Executive Committee and CEO of McThai, Thailand's sole McDonald's franchisee.

asiaoutlookmag.com/outlook-features/mcdonalds-thailand

> The quick service restaurant chain has 34,000 restaurants in 119 countries.
> What's its secret? McDonald's has mastered the market with localisation.
Nowhere is this truer than Thailand, where it has 183 restaurants, serving eight million customers per month.

...And the future is bright, Anons.

> For the future, Mr Chew would like the Thai government to drive the economy. That would attract foreign investment and create jobs in the country.
> "For future engagement, technology will be important – whether it is cashless payment, mobile apps or the internet. All of that will come much more into play in the next six to nine months."
> I believe Thailand can have more than 400 McDonald's restaurants down the road, on a long term horizon.

Huge sell wall on OMG again today.
Whale dumping 10,000 OMG.

He he
Nuthin personnel kid

they called NEO too

>
>Source? I'll buy 250 more if you can provide it.
What does having a 1000 stake do? I have 3k myself and haven't heard about it giving any perks yet.
Thanks

>literally nobody can explain why UTILITY TOKENS should appreciate in value
>this isn't a bubble
>you're not buying a worthless utility coin for a perhaps successful payment network
>this is essentially the same thing as Ripple but there's hype around it

NONE
OF
YOU
CAN
EXPLAIN
THIS
JUST
CALL
ME
FUD

god fucking damnit i bought this at 8$ and now I want to get more but it's not dropping

The answer is so intuitive that no one is going to spoonfeed a brainlet like you.

it'll be akin to NEO and GAS. you'll get dividends for each token you hold. don't listen to anyone about it yet, they haven't announced how staking will work yet.

lol nah man it's because this is either bait or you're actually retarded

>high volume exchange
>millions of transactions per second
>no reason a lot of omg are needed to process the transaction
>money skeleton and crew ALWAYS talk about low transaction costs
>even Palm Beach predicts an OMG will be worth $1.47 PER YEAR in transaction dividends
>literally all OMG does is perform the exchange

I guess you'll have to explain like I'm 5.

because this intuition is too complex for me. Why is a coin worth $1.47 per year in dividends actually going to be worth $700?

q for the people in the know

is omise going to have its own blockchain? or will their network be on the ethereum public chain like their omg token is?

Why is OMG worth more than its anticipated shitty returns in transaction fees?

Please, let me know. What makes UTILITY COINS aka not currencies -- valuable?

your other thread did well. keep baiting retard.

if I'm fucking baiting why don't you just trounce me with your awesome answer you faggot

It doesn't need to have value as long as other people think its does you can still make profit from it

none of the dividend coins are going to be worth much more than their predicted return over 5-7 years, maybe with a low multiplier for growth. you really dont want to end up bagholding dividend coins because its incredibly easy to find the upper bound for what they should be worth, and at the best case scenario theyre all worth a lot less than what people are predicting them to be. tenx is a great example too.

because i don't take bait duh

seriously there's no way you're this retarded. they don't let legal retards get internet service (because they would ceaselessly pull their puds)

just keep making fun of me retard. if you actually cared about preventing FUD you could actually fucking respond but you won't because you don't have an answer to a question as fundamental as WHAT THE FUCK MAKES OMG WORTH ANYTHING BEYOND MEASLY TRANSACTION DIVIDENDS

Link?

Why don't you ask Vitalik or Jun on Twitter to find out for yourself if it is so important to you? Why would you create a demanding self fulfilling prophecy on Veeky Forums? Better yet, why don't you ask the author of the Palm Beach report directly yourself to prove to everyone on Veeky Forums just how smart you think you really are.

Until then, you should really just sit down and shut up honestly. You're boring.

>my biz threads can affect a billion in market cap

damn you really are retarded

That 's like screaming "WHAT MAKES ANYTHING VALUABLE WITHOUT THAT THINGS VALUABLE ATTRIBUTE"

what a fucking retard

>just keep telling anyone with questions to fuck off
this is reddit now.

the truth is Vitalik doesn't really care about the price of OMG. he cares about the technology. same with Omise.

It's not about you followers. its about them creating a real business.

well the valuable attribute is a tiny piece of a tiny transaction fee. the entire normie magnet for OMG will be tiny transaction fees.

and you're wondering why i'm here questioning why people have moon expectations for this coin

YOU CAN ALL MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT
BUT I AM NOT FUCKING LEAVING UNTIL I GET A LEGITIMATE ANSWER
NOT RIDICULE
NOT >do more research
NOTHING BUT A FUCKING ANSWER

until then I will continue FUDing because you're all buying the next Ripple.

this time with 100% more Vitalik though!

>well the valuable attribute is a tiny piece of a tiny transaction fee. the entire normie magnet for OMG will be tiny transaction fees.
>and you're wondering why i'm here questioning why people have moon expectations for this coin
>YOU CAN ALL MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT
>BUT I AM NOT FUCKING LEAVING UNTIL I GET A LEGITIMATE ANSWER
>NOT RIDICULE
>NOT >do more research
>NOTHING BUT A FUCKING ANSWER
>until then I will continue FUDing because you're all buying the next Ripple.
>this time with 100% more Vitalik though!

If you don't know what the transaction fees or volume will be then you can't know what the dividend rate will be. That is my position.

Don't put spaces between spoiler tags newfag.

well I know that Palm Beach is crazy bullish on it and they're only expecting $1.47 out of each coin per year.

that sure as hell doesn't seem like a $700 coin. so where is the other $695 coming from?

Wow, you sound really autistic. I never told you to fuck off. I provided you with ancient path to publicly and transparently ask three top level people are directly interested in omisegomfor an answer.

The reason you deflect and come to Veeky Forums to criticize people's interests is to make yourself feel like you are worth something. Because the truth is, you know Jun, Vitalik, and Teeka TiwarI are much smarter than you by orders of magnitude and you have no self confidence to even muster up the strength to investigate the coin yourself for information if you are so concerned about it.

Can't you see how pathetic you are?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Actually, do tell us.

interesting points but do you actually have an answer to the question I posed?

what is wrong with me is that I have a very legitimate question about OMG and I asked it here. want to know my responses?

>retard
>idiot
>haha Teeka is smarter than you!
>FUD

and nothing even remotely addressing my point. apparently when you're even remotely FUDish about OMG, you need to GTFO

well that doesn't really speak well about the rationality about this coin.

I am 100% an OMG supporter but the is a legitimate concern of mine as well.

I had a dream where it goes to 97 dollars, I dunno why it was that specific but I trust it

You would have to ask them but obviously people who have their money in this would likely disagree to their processing fee valuation. If OMG does not include a reasonable, though lower than the credit industry, type of fee model, then people won't bother staking OMG and the whole platform would fail from the beginning and they would also lose the credibility if they ever tried releasing a new model.

I think that volume will make up for lower fees but that fees will not be astronomically low. Butterin does always spam about low fees and so do Omise... but that's because they're creating a project that is going against eye gouging bank fees. Look at the fees of owning a low value credit card, of maintaining a savings account or wiring money with any service either domestically or internationally. It's high as fuck. A 1.5% fee would blow current competition out of the water.

This is a platform that will make any of you assets fungible. I'm willing to bet that the volume is pretty damn high. And on top of that. Without making OMG valuable enough to stake the entire system will fail. They know this. We know this. It's time for you to recognise OMG as your king and I want you to publically apologize right now and we will let you get in with us.

one way of making OMG staking worth it is to have a low price per OMG

>OMG price is only $15 a coin
>so getting ~$5 a year per coin isn't a bad deal

I'm going to say it again -- Vitalik and Omise are not allied to making you rich.

They are decentrilizers.

>OMG price is only $15 a coin
>so getting ~$5 a year per coin isn't a bad deal
That is a phenomenal return lmao

what exactly is happening this month with omise? news coming? any specific date?

maybe in terms of traditional stocks
but its no moon

Listen man, honestly I think what attracts investors to this coin is the legitamacy of the business behind it. Omise acquired paysbuy and they have quite a bit of existing market share in SEA as a payment gateway. As the company grows they will acquire even more market share both domestic and international markets.

Now, we know about plasma and blockchain, which is the primary purpose of R&D for omisego. Eventually what will happen, is all omise subsidiaries will merge with omise (including omisego), and all that market share that omise has as a payment gateway, will then implement the blockchain project on all existing clients,many new clients. They are also devising a way to free up stranded assets for folks who have no bank.
The value here for investors is two fold: POS, investors will receive dividends for tokens they hold and use as POS. This will attract more money to the coin, and increase the market cap.
That is how the utility token gains value over time (as it becomes more adopted).

People obviously believe in their strategic objectives, so they invest. They feel safer because the coin has a large company behind it with years of operations experience.

1/2

what are you holding?

The fact that you are crusading to disprove omg valuable as a utility token on Veeky Forums, without providing any in depth analysis or argument yourself is really shallow.

The fact that you feel the need to fud the coin on a completely anonymous board instead of going directly to sources and exposing yourself on a larger platform discredits what you are doing here. It doesn't make any sense. If you dislike OMG so much, DYOR, and come back to Veeky Forums to prove your case if it's that important to you. Until then, you are waisting everyone's time here, including yourself. Don't buy it if you don't like it, and move on.

2/2

watching you spoonfeed this retard hurts my bones

The answer again winds up being "transaction fees, also GTFO"

I really appreciate that nobody actually has an answer to my question, it makes me very confident of my position

it may come as a surprise to you, but I'm actually a big holder of OMG. I have thousands. it represents almost all of my portfolio

I hold it because
>this market is entirely irrational
>it will pay hundreds of dollars for a token worth only a few bucks
>this happens despite everyone having access to all the information available to them to make that conclusion
>and even if someone comes along trying to tell people that their expensive bags are actually worthless, they tell him to leave their DISCUSSION FORUM OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES and go somewhere else

so yeah, the cognitive dissonance on OMG is extremely strong. this thread has proven that.

i'm holding OMG to the completely fake, totally-not-a-bubble moon it will get to.

i suppose people won't realize utility tokens are actually worthless until 2020

52 BTC order up right now buy

The 18th there is supposed to be some news i think

And a huge sell wall at 270k. Whales fighting.

I don't know why you are so angry about it all though. Maybe you should take up knitting or something to distract yourself from crypto for an hour each day.

Yawn...

I'm mad because retards are telling me I'm retarded

You expect to engage in serious discourse on Veeky Forums? A place where most of the content is absolute shills and scams? Are you serious man? You have to be joking.

If you expect that level of discourse on it, you need to have humility and transparency on a different platform. You won't find it here.

Just stop bro, your hurting yourself.

Finally some reason in this place of absolute madness. I'm starting to realize that frequenting Veeky Forums might be the unhealthiest thing for my sanity lately.

well you know what they say, you can smell your own.

it might be but its pretty fun isn't it

So I had an argument about the legalities and capabilities of the SEC over crypto. I was literally siting SEC cases and regulation. I got the same shit. I presented a factually correct statement, and what I got in return was
>you don't know how crypto works
>can't be this retarded
>jog on backstreet accountant
>nocoiner
So I pushed it. Not one person could present a counter argument, or any additional insight. They stopped replying. I didn't think this was true before, but Veeky Forums has to be full inexperienced people, from a life perspective.

exactly. he's a retard

I know I'm sorry
It's fucking ridiculous you refuse to accept my position as rational and valid. I used meme pics but you're the one being irrational if you cannot accept my coherent position as valid and representative of many informed OMG holders. Many of us have thousands of OMG, regardless I of course hope the best for you and your plan there's room for everyone to make it.

Return of the king

Why do I even bother giving you guys tips? I could hand you the best time to buy low on a silver platter, and all you will say is "stop shilling".

Put $3,000 in this morning. Packing my bags for takeoff.

Return of the king.

I definitely take your position as representative. That's why I'm buying. But I'll just reiterate my position one different way before essentially retiring from this thread because it's going nowhere. You or anyone is perfectly welcome to call me retarded or whatever, but if an explicit answer to my specific points is not given I assume I have won.

>there is nothing supporting any significant value to OMG beyond a nominal value as a transactional utility
>Omise and Vitalik have every incentive to keep transaction fees low to broaden reach
>lower fees means a lower valued coin
>Omise and Vitalik do not inherently care about the value of OMG tokens as long as the coins perform their function of facilitating transactions
>these coins are not stock. you do not control the management decisions of Omise by holding it
>they were simply tiny bonds that Omise used to raise starting capital
>now that they have the money from the ICO, they'll give you a tiny reward from the tiny transaction fees they'll be charging to kill Visa
>and the actual ownership of the actually successful company will remain with the leadership

you don't have anything but an incidental settlement utility. there is no reason for it to appreciate with the adoption of the network. there is no reason your fees will be moon-ish. the company has every incentive in the world to fuck you.

enjoy.

>Omise and Vitalik have every incentive to keep transaction fees low to broaden reach
AFAIK the transaction actually dont involve OMG but OMG simply acts as a inherent trust token whereby the interacting party both agree that an OMG node is trusted so the exchange between them must be valid. i.e. the cost of the coin will not affect the cost of transaction although coin holder wil actually see depreciating returns

If Omise charges 1% fees and gives it ALL to tokenholders (they won't) and transactions $1 trillion dollars, one OMG might be worth around ~$10 in dividends a year

That. Is. Not. A. Moon.

> Most active smartphone users in region.

That's not hard when the surrounding region is literally nothing but poor inbred dirt farmers

Assuming that valuation to be true a reasonable base cost for a OMG token would be 10 times the dividend rate. That makes OMG worth about 100 bucks. How high does this need to be for you to consider it a moon?

>dividend.com/how-to-invest/comparing-dividend-stock-sectors-by-yield/
The average annual S&P 500 dividend rate is just under 5%. If OMG stabilizes then your hypothetical valuation puts the value of an OMG at around 200 dollars each using industry accepted valuations. The only way for OMG to not have a high value is if the project fails, and of course the project and platform will completely fail if dividends are not at a reasonable rate as discussed, but they already know this. A for profit corporation is developing this to make money so I'd say it's self evident that stakeholding dividends MUST be profitable or the entire platform MUST fail and considering how obvious this concept is the devs MUST already be more than aware of this idea.

okay, now how much of your 1% fees do you expect tokenholders to actually get?

>protip that's the entire company's revenue too

>$1 trillion dollars
Kek
I'd be surprised if I handled 1 billion

also, no it will not fail if "dividends are not reasonable". Reasonable simply means SOME money.

as long as SOME money is made by holding OMG, people will hold it. And the coin will be used in its intended way.

So, like I said there is nothing supporting any value beyond NOMINAL value -- just enough to get people to hold it. That's a dollar here or there. And low trade values to acquire the low dividends.

No mooning.

I would expect them to get all of it because OMG is a decentralized platform. All of Omise's transactions will go through the decentralized OMG platform.

I feel like there's a misunderstanding here. Omise will get their own money from services built on top of the OMG platform. Then every transaction Omise processes will be processed by OMG in addition to everyone else who builds a wallet.

So the fees that Omise charges are independant of OMG stakeholding profit, but the entire transaction is processed through the Omise platform.

If Omise doesn't create OMG to be profitable to stakeholders then their entire transaction based business will fail to be able to operate on OMG which is the entire point of all these years of work they've poured into this project

>profitable
I agree. Nominally. Like I keep saying.

It needs to be able to make "a little money." SOME dividends to keep it in a wallet.

Now, why does Omise care whether OMG is profitable by $1 or $1000?

He has a severe lack of understanding

I guess that's the bet. My bet is that dividends will be at about 5 to 10% of the cost of one omg. I have established my reasons for thinking that useability and profitably will ensure a transaction fee that is low comparative to the credit/banking industry but not low enough that no one wants involved in a project with no money incentives. Guess time will tell but at least now we know that people who are better on omg making it can at least have a valid strategy in doing so.