Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Irish_warpipes
youtube.com/watch?v=GrXsmfmqcFA
youtube.com/watch?v=VP9psRZSjh0
bagpipehistory.info/rome-ancient-world.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=0tEdH0bjjR8
youtube.com/watch?v=EBiTDLpTUxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Scotland is not a real country just like Belgium, Highland Scots are Irish and Lowland Scots are Anglos.

The Scots *are* Irish.

Lowland Scots are primarily Norman, actually.

you're mum is primarily fat

They have a shared history.

Belgians have nothing.

Except literally better in every conceivable way.

Which of the two is still England's lapdog?

Both.

By your logic, no country is a real country and immigration is always a negative thing.

Neither, one is the EU's bitch and the other is more akin to a rash on England's heel.

Lowland Scots are primarily British, with a large portion of Anglo-Saxon; just like the rest of the country.

>45%

>when scots talk shit about ireland

The harsh truth

maybe the Eastern Lowlands but the Western Lowlands have the highest amounts of Irish descent in Scotland.

by this logic wouldn't america not be a real country since its just english and other immigrants and england not a real country since its just anglos from germany and germany since it was just indo-european descendents and indo-europeans since we all came from africa, so really ethiopia is the only real country :thinking:

>They have a shared history.

of killing each other...

No they are Anglo-Saxon

Damn Scots, they ruined scotland!

>Scottish culture
Literally no such thing. Scots are inbred and illiterate idiots whose greatest contribution to the world is a sack with a bunch of flutes in it that serves only to provide an impression of a cat being brutally raped. Never in their 2000-year history have these heroin-junkie Hibernians made any literary, scientific or historical contribution to mankind. The only piece of "culture" the savage skirt-sporters have ever given the world is a mediocre action movie starring a looney anti-semite in Smurfette getup, playing a man who got himself killed by superior English soldiers. Scots are primitive as bushmen, and somehow even uglier. If it wasn't for England so graciously allowing them stay within her empire and shoveling subsidies into their shitty state they would most likely not exist today, having slaughtered each other in a series of disputes over a bottle of whiskey. The sooner this country of drunken trainspotters sinks beneath the waves, the better.

The USA isn't a real country.

t. never been to England or Scotland

they'res definitely a difference between Scottish and English

Show me where the Scot touched you Nigel.

>two thousand years ago
>scotland is pictland
>fourth/fifth centuries
>scots migrate to the west coast from ireland
>anglo-saxons migrate to the lowlands from the continent
>various kingdoms arise
>the kingdom of scotland swallows up the others through war (strathclyde, etc) and political royal marriages (orkneys, etc)
>engage in near perpetual war, or at least skirmishes, with the english
>fast forward to the twelfth century
>david the first pursues a deliberate policy of anglicisation/normanisation
>anglo-scottish border disputes continue until an equilibrium is established
>scots repeatedly fuck england's ambitions by siding with the french in their wars
>early seventeenth century
>union of the english and scottish crowns
>late seventeenth century
>scotland fucks itself in panama
>early eighteenth century
>union of the kingdoms

I've always wondered about this:

Why are so many Scots catholic?

Is being catholic seen as something very scottish or at least as a part of the scottish identity in opposition to the english Anglicans in the same way Catholicism is important to Irishmen?

No. Whilst some Scottish Catholics will be the descendants of recusants, who left the Kirk after it adopted Luther's reforms, most will be of recent Irish origin (hundreds-of-thousands of Irish moved to Glasgow and Edinburgh in the 19th century to find work).

Is the average scot even aware of us Ulster Scots excisting ? There’s 750000 of us in Northern Ireland alone

That's only the G*els lad, true Scotsmen are Presbyterians.

The Irish.

Scottish protestants are more protestant than Anglicans.

The rest of the UK likes to pretend you don't exist.

Is Scotland basically divided between Gaelic speaking Celts and Scots speaking Germanics?

Exactly, Anglicanism is really just popery-lite.

99% of Scots speak English.
1% of Scots speak Gaelic half the time.

Modern Anglicanism is full-blown atheism, basically. Literally pointless.

It has become a parody.

No. A tiny minority speak Gaelic, and no one is "Germanic". Stop using useless terms from the dark ages

Who won?

>except being together for many centuries as burgundian, austrian, spanish netherlands, colonizing congo and fighting ww1 like beasts
yeah sure it just appeared out of thin air and everyone pretended it's a country
nice meme

So all those scottish writers and scientists didn't exist?

I'd care to disagree.

>I'M ANGRY, ANGRY ABOUT SCOTLAND
>t. Anglos everywhere

And yet, despite this, it seems like the Scots are a more proud people with a far more noble culture than the Irish.

At leas that's my impression

>greatest contribution to the world is a sack with a bunch of flutes in it that serves only to provide an impression of a cat being brutally raped
Bagpipes come from the ME, Scotland just went really fucking hard on them to the point of looking like the only ones who played them ever

>tfw no Scottish gf

It's what I need as an Irishman

>Bagpipes come from the ME
And humans come from Africa, what a stupid fucking line of reasoning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Irish_warpipes

They're Irish.

Every thing the Scottish do or say is in relation to the English. It's absolutely insane, and quite creepy.

lol, so why did the Romans have them dickhead?

Because all pipes being the same pipes is about as retarded as saying all drums are the same drums, it's an instrument you tard, and the Scottish iteration is Gaelic and came from Ireland, and became a meme for them because of the Jacobite wars and the assimilation of the Scots into the British army.

>bagpipes were invented in Scotland in the 17th century
You're full of shit cunt

who are you quoting

You seeing as you can't differentiate between instruments and musical score

Literally what are you talking about you downie, the popular pipes of Scotland that are a meme in the anglo world came from Ireland like all Gaelic culture is what I'm saying, and all pipes aren't the same taken directly from a supposed place of origin in Anatolia, and you've gone off on some stupid tangent somewhere.

You're the one who went off on some nationalistic tangent about Gaelic fucking bagpipes cunt

I quite like the Uilleann pipes.

youtube.com/watch?v=GrXsmfmqcFA

youtube.com/watch?v=VP9psRZSjh0

They're more domestic and good for tunes, I don't listen to pipes o'war to relax, they're too martial for that. Patrician pipes.

That was the original point I was making you irn bru soaked glass eyed fucking mongo, it wasn't a tangent. Saying "bagpipes come from the Middle East" is as retarded as saying we're all Africans because homo sapiens sapiens comes from Africa, things change and become different and "localized", pipes o'war aren't the same pipes from Hittite wall scratchings that prove a hazy origin to the instrument type, and they come from Ireland.

Don't fucking use that tone with me cunt, my first post quite literally agreed with the fact the Scottish have played up to it so hard it's become part of their national identity, no one gives a shit about Irish pipes

>cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
Your da should've used the tone with you more so you didn't turn into such a spastic mess
>Scottish have played up to it so hard it's become part of their national identity, no one gives a shit about Irish pipes
The Scottish identity today is a giant fucking M E M E anglo bastardization of IRISH GAELIC culture, McHaggis, you fucking eejit

>Highland identity today is a giant fucking M E M E
FTFY

I'm not disagreeing you gronk faggot, I'm giving context

>be you
>sc*t non conformist dissenter
>wtf charles II stop persecuting us
>wtf anglican church stop persecuting us
>wtf james II wants religious freedom for us AND papists?!?!? i'm Loyal and True™ now!!
>get penal law'd
possibly THE stupidest people to ever walk this earth

GLASS THE 'GOONS COVENANT WAR NOW 1688

It would appear that most of Scottish culture is largely a modern invention.

bagpipehistory.info/rome-ancient-world.shtml

>Irish regiments forced to use the Scottish bagpipes and ware kilts and replaced the traditional Irish flutes

>complained of "aping the Scots"

How come The Scottish are shit at literally everything, music , sports etc..especially when compared to a similar sized country like ireland

But Scottish Rugby is finally not a joke

The Irish drink bargain bin swill like Bushmills and Jame'o with the sole intention of getting pished whereas Scots imbibe sophisticated malts such as Talisker or Laphroaig in order to appreciate their bold and complex flavors. Really makes you think doesn't it?

I wrote my thesis on linguistic change in early modern Scotland

Ask me stuff if you want I guess

Think I remember seeing you in a thread defending Scots as being a real language a year or two ago

I didn't know the Queen posted here

Culturally Anglo, their genetics are still Pictish

I know at least one of my colleagues posts here so it might have been her? I think Scots as it was spoken in the past was a language in its own right but in its modern form it's fair to call it just a dialect of English.

>came from Ireland
No they didn't, bagpipes are found all over the world. There's evidence of bagpipes being used in Scotland decades before there's any evidence of them being used in Ireland

The USA wasn't even supposed to be a country according to the people who created it.

What's your favourite scots word?

Ireland and Scotland have a shared culture no matter how much the ang*os try to horn in

youtube.com/watch?v=0tEdH0bjjR8

youtube.com/watch?v=EBiTDLpTUxY

Dont listen to s*xon lies

t. gaylick saboteur

t. english cunt

Is there a nation that has never been involved in any kind of war?

Bhutan? Some pacific island meme nation?

guess again

t. pesky paddy

t. I voted no to independence so I could still get my dole but yet I'm still Scottish regardless

t. drunken fenian eternally rump rustled that scotland and northern ireland will always remain part of the united kingdom

You were saying the same thing about India 70 years ago m8

bit of a different situation la india being on another continent and all

This! We English civilized them haggis eating brutes.

Didn't Ireland kick your British empires shite in from next door?

belfast is british m9

The saxon fears the gaelic warrior

>posts criminals
wew

Northern English/ Scots are both more conservative than Southern English in terms of Norman Influence.

Only considered a criminal by the s*xon establishment

[bombs pub internally]

www.wikipedia.org/homosexuality_as_an_integral_part_of_british_culture

actually loyalist communities are some of the few remaining strongholds against the homosexual agenda whereas ireland has gone full sjw so dont even start with that or i WILL have to start making altar boy jokes

>Celts
>culture

Yeah, and Ireland gets the bad press for it. Remember when you refused to bake that gay cake, and the God fearing counties got blamed?

>>>/brussels/

I've seen it first hand, obviously turbo gay men who mince around the place are forced to marry women and everybody pretends he is not gay.
Is that really healthy, mentally speaking?