How accurate was the portrayal of the average plebian life in the show Rome?

How accurate was the portrayal of the average plebian life in the show Rome?

>OFFICIAL ROME THREAD FOR TRVE ROMANS
>ACTORS AND PROSTITVTES ARE NOT ALLOWED

Too many germanics (pale skinned)

Series today are used as a tool for mass propaganda and brain wash people

Romans weren't black/arab.,

>Germanics
>Pale skinned
Yeah, no "Hans" Smith.

Ethnic Italians are pale-skinned, only South Italians are swarthier and even then it's olive-skin not Jersey Shore tier.

You Americans have some very strange concepts of race.

This is the President of Argentina (ethnic Italian)

Vero, eratne consul Romae?

>You Americans have some very strange concepts of race.
This. For a lot of American shits here you're either a Saami-level pale white or a brown gypsy or something.

There was a ton of italians extras and the show was filmed in Italy afaik. You gonna whine about the british actors and posh accents too?

They're not "Americans", they're leftists working to undermine the idea of White as a valid ethnic identity.

Too many people over 24 years old

>They're not "Americans", they're leftists working to undermine the idea of White as a valid ethnic identity.
That racial shit is also something very American. Nobody in Europe cares about "muh whiteness". Nationalists are nationalists, for them the scum is the white guys in the next country.

Nobody in Europe cares about "muh whiteness".
Don't generalise; I do.

Although, I do agree that America has always had a race 'fetish', and take it way too seriously.

>Nobody in Europe cares about "muh whiteness".

You will now...

>Rome
>White

>Too many germanics (pale skinned)
This comment is hilarious in light of the fact that the germanic slave Eirene was portrayed by a roman (literally born in Rome with roman parents) actress.
Not that your bitchass could actually distinguish between ethnic groups beyond looking at a person's name.

>Nobody in Europe cares about "muh whiteness". Nationalists are nationalists, for them the scum is the white guys in the next country.
Fallacy. Just because I consider Arber and Alexandru scum, doesn't mean I like Abdul and Ahmed any better.
We might not care about whiteness in the american sense, but that's because it's a meaningless concept with no real objective meaning, not because we don't mind filthy foreigners.

>Nobody in Europe cares about "muh whiteness".
Don't generalise; I do.
Then you're a fucking idiot, a swede is not a scot is not a serb, you dumb fucker.

That's his point you dumb fuck, the idea of "white as an ethnic identity" is a distinctly American thing, i don't care how pale the Russians are, they're almost universally pricks.

>there's no difference between a Scot moving next door and a Nigerian
Wew

I like next to Pakis, they're fine, never bothered me except that one time they asked if i could sign a form saying that i liked their shop so they could keep it open for longer hours, my Russian neighbours on the other hand have been fucking awful people, prick chucked a goddamn bottle of drink into my garden and it nearly hit my nephew in the fucking head.
"White as an ethnic identity" is completely fucking retarded.

His post still seems to imply that europeans don't mind niggers.
The lack of adoration for the faux scientific concept of whiteness doesn't prevent euros from disliking niggers due to being niggers and no other reason.
It's absolutely idiotic to pretend the dislike between euros is anything close to the dislike euros have for non-euros. It's not whiteness in the american sense, but it's still an ethnic discrimination if at a wider level.

That's why we have the term "Race", calling white an ethnicity is like calling yellow an ethnicity.

>That's his point you dumb fuck, the idea of "white as an ethnic identity" is a distinctly American thing
Nice meme.
You're either a historically illiterate idiot or a deliberate liar if you're going to claim that historical Europeans felt as equally removed from each other as they felt from the various non-whites of the world.

>Be 19th century century Austrian lost in Darkest Africa and forced to live among some some primitive tribe
>A Wild Steamboat full of White people appears on the river
>"Yech BAVARIANS" says the lost Austrian as he turns up his nose and retreats back into his grass hut to eat yet another bowl full of mashed up caterpillars rather than face the prospect of life among such savages

This is what 21st century leftists consider to be a realistic depiction of historical ethnic interactions among enlightened Europeans to wise to fall for silly American created social construct like whiteness. Never mind the fact that the whole idea of European whites as a racial group was created by a European.

Enjoy your rape-gangs bong.

Race has scientific connotations tho, and whiteness is phrenology tier bullshit. In the european sense, "white" refers to either germanics or european christians, depending on who you ask. That makes it a pretty damn ethnic way of grouping people.

Can you post a picture of someone you consider olive-skin? I'm always confused about their color.

>Too many Germanics
>In a Germanic country

it's quite simple really, if you're white you're white, and if your not, you're not

Sure.

Monica Belucci

Or Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Game of Thrones)

yes, this is the swarthy med/ mexican look

Basically white with a slightly greenish tinge rather than pinkish.

>>Too many Germanics
>>In a Germanic country
The eternal German strikes again

Mexicans usually look darker than that.

These are full White Mediterraneans, whiter than the aforementioned Jersey Shore niggers that pass for "Italian" in the USA.

>My paki neighbour doesnt bother me so mass immigration from pakistan etc is not a big deal

>Don't generalise; I do.
Enjoy sucking that EU dick while the rest of us care about our nations.

If that's olive to you then the most common western european skintone is olive, because the majority of french, spaish, italians and a very great many brits and germs are exactly that colour.
Pic related, same girl.

>American discovers Italians are White European peoples
Yes that's what most Italians look like.
Only Sicilians/Neapolitans look like your Jersey Shore niggers.

I am actually italian and lighter skinned and haired than RLS.
I was just commenting about how she's NOT olive skinned. Pic related is olive skinned.

That's more like brown or caramel.

Olive skin usually refers to the greenish tinge on White Mediterraneans, like this French person. (Yes Southern French are meds too)

That's the way the term is used.

My pic was literally named "choose the right hair colour for olive skin". Pic related comes straight from the wiki page for olive skin.
Get a grip user, a bit of suntan is not olive skin.

You can care for say, Germanness and ethnic Germanness without conflating it with mongrel whiteness.

My pic also came out when looking olive skin. Audrey Tautou has natural olive skin she is not just "tanned".

Tell me how are the two images you posted similar?

has clearly African blood
are Spaniards that could pass for slightly tanned slags in London

Can't you tell it's not the same color?
Do you have eyesight problems?

Olive skin in common parlance is used for Mediterraneans
Brown or caramel is used for the woman with African ancestry you posted earlier.

This is the traditional usage.
Olive skin is generally considered a lighter and rosier shade than Caramel skin tone.

As an Italian, this is the first Italian woman I find myself sexually attracted to. I usually hate the way most Italian women look, but she has a certain innocent and exotic charm about her.

Stop posting women, this is a gay board.

yes they were
they were a ruddy brown
Germanic-cucked Italian
SPQR was brown as fuck
you're time is up.
this
>SPQR
>Germanic
kek
Alaric-Cucked

I am so sick of everything being about race here. sigh. Show is fine but they made up some events to fill in holes about things we dont know exactly about. And there are things that are plain wrong. Antony wasnt attacked but got kicked out of from senate. Also antony didnt lost nearly all of the troops when sailing to greece. There few stuff too but i forgot. However they made the feel of era amazing. Tight streets of rome and family life of rome was done good but generally people pay respect to leader of community every morning which was missing in show.

>SPQR was brown as fuck
Nope, they were just like modern central Italians.

Why do you think they wore blonde wigs?

Doesn't it make sense that a few of them were naturally blonde just like modern Italians and they came to prize this trait?

Why would they prize blonde hair if this was a barbarian trait alien to them?

Roughly 10-20% of modern Italians are blonde, just like the Romans.

Don't take the bait

Too white to be an average roman

This

Tv is just to control people

pro tip: if you speak a romance language, you're not white. Italians btfo, unless they're from the south and still speak greek.