Why would UTILITY TOKENS increase in value?

Well?

>s-s-staking t-transaction fees
>Money Skele wants to have extremely low transaction costs

>everyone ignores the part in Palm Beach that predicts each OMG token will be worth $1.47 PER YEAR in transaction fees
>this will get me to lambo land

>nobody has any response

They're ignoring because is fudding time for omg this is how it works paid fudders will make people panic price drops for a while then is shilling time and everyone shills it price raises sell I've got really tired of their shit im gonna hold omg untill the end of 2017 and ignore everything

reverse shill detected

well I'm not a paid fudder, I actually have a critique that I would like an explanation for.

bitcoin is a currency
OMG isn't really. it's a utility. why should the adoption of the OMG network increase the value of the utility? everything that Buterin talks about is about having very low transaction fees to increase adoption.

So you token holders are getting fucked with a worthless coin.

>literally no response but >muh fud

They're trying to create an ewallet that can contain btc some cryptos i guess( ltc eth dash) fiat and omg in the same phone app wallet.
This wallet should work at 1 million of transactions per second(thats almost 10 times faster than visa) and should have low almost nonexistence fees.
They want asian people not china to adopt the e wallet, they want normies, that's why they got mcdonalds.
The advantages of using omg are the low fees and the velocity of transactions so if more people starts using the omg payment system more people will buy omg and since there is a limited supply of omg this will raise omg price to the clouds

>the value of OMG is its transaction fees
>the transactions fees are going to be nonexistent
do you see my issue?

I never said the value is in the transaction fees thats how neo works the atraction for normies to adopt omg is on the almost nonexistence transaction fees the value of omg is in the coin itself low supply high demand

almost nonexistant.

So what are you picking up then m8?

>being this retarded

>in the coin itself
the coin itself is just a transaction processor. it's not a currency.

>a $700 per coin transaction processor that yields very low transaction fees that Palm Beach itself predicted at $1.47 PER YEAR

I guess I am retarded. Because a $700 valuation for a $1.47 per year coin doesn't make any sense to me.

Just wondering, why do the coins that don't provide any dividends have any value then?

if they are used as a currency, they can have the value that people assign to it.

why would people assign value to omg? it has only one purpose -- to process financial transactions. sure, there's value to that. when you get a (small) cut of a (small) transaction fee, theres some value.

but not much. why would anyone assign it more value?

Thanks for your answer. Is there anything stopping people using OMG as a currency which has the additional benefit of yielding a dividend?

You are confusing everything read the whitepaper omg will be a currency inside their own transaction processor that they called "Plasma" this isnt the average coin that gives dividends based on the fees that they collect from the people using it, this is a coin that will provide advantages on using omg daily over fiat cards and cryptos

what benefits do people get for using omg?

Well lets see fast transactions low fees security easy to use pay with your phone avoid charging your pockets with fiat and credit cards owning omg knowing that your acquisition power will increase just by owning it
It is a bold project to be honest kinda futuristic but wasnt btc also like that on its own time years ago

isn't this circular reasoning?

>what will make OMG valuable
>the fact that people know it is increasing in value

all digitize-able assets are going to be on the OMG network. what about OMG -specifically- makes it worth holding as anything other than a processing utility?

You can hold btc and pay 50 dollars fees and wait 6 hours for confirmations or you can use omg and do it instantly with almost zero fees is up to you in the end

So the real value in Omisego is that its a 'superior' cryptocurrency than bitcoin? Not that its the coin that processes the transactions because that would return a measly $1.47 a year per coin. There's a bazillion coins faster than bitcoin. How much faster is OMG than litecoin or DGB? The real value would be in omise the company if this is the case, not omisego?

I think the reach on the people is what will make omg different than others tell me what coin can directly be traded from the wallet into fiat or btc without using any exchange

>tell me what coin can directly be traded from the wallet into fiat or btc without using any exchange
none, and OMG can't either and it most definitely wont be able to

Why do you guys think "low fees" mean "no fees"? Or infinetesimally small fees?
You do realize that a 1% fee would murder Visa?
You don't need to be perfect (0 fee, instant transaction), you just need to be 1% better than the best.

why don't you understand that low fees means low coin value?

yes, 1% would murder visa. but how much of that would tokenholders get? would they even get the full 1%? of course not. Omise will take plenty, and tokenholders will get some pittance.

and then all your purported value of this "moon mission" coin is just a tiny crumb and it's actually just as valuable as it has to be -- a little more than worthless.

OMISE WOULDNT GET MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE OMISE IS A OPEN SOURCE DECENTRALISED PLATFORM

it's me again

To expand on this, how do you think Omise will make money? They're not selfless angels that want to give the world something for nothing, really, all this discussions could be summed up on "how low do you think it's low".

If you think it's 0%, then OMG is worthless, and Omise (an already established company) will go broke.

I'm banking on an established companyt knowing how to make money

omg will do it have some faith

Presumably they hold a shit load of OMG.

Be honest op, did you actually read the report?

Yes. It seems to mistake tokenholders for stockholders.
'
I believe that Omise might be as successful as the report claims. I don't think that has any impact on tokenholders, since they own nothing but an incidental transactional utility.

i dont care what anybody says i believe in money skeleton

He's not doing what he's doing to make you rich.

>measly $1.47 a year per coin
>if you have a 1000 OMG, 1000 x 1.47 = $1470
>making $1470/year is a "measly" amount

maybe don't be poor and hold more than 10 OMG

>>making $1470/year is a "measly" amount
yes. yes it is.

in what 3rd world shithole do you live where $1.5k a year is relevant in any way?