German empire thread

Itt, we talk about the 2ND REICH aka, the best reich of Germany, including its emperors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I82_ybEAHxM
amazon.com/Our-Fritz-Frederick-Political-Imperial/dp/0674048385/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506101752&sr=8-1&keywords=Frank Lorenz Müller frederick
youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Emperor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
youtube.com/watch?v=DoUrpmnaZVo
youtu.be/EKe8WYiHCao
krikienoid.github.io/flagwaver/#?src=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Flag_of_the_German_Empire.svg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtu.be/I82_ybEAHxM

>tfw the Hohenzollerns will never be restored to the imperial throne
>tfw Germany will never reclaim its rightful territory
>The aristocracy will never drag the greedy neo-liberal plutocrats to the gallows
>Germany will never be a Christian nation again
It never stops hurting.

and thank god for that. the last thing we need is more monarchy autism in the modern era.

Why did the Zweites Reich use those colors and not the nationalist German tricolore?

I would take a monarchy over the despotic rule of the plutocratic rabble any day.
Quite frankly, even a return to feudalism would be preferable to what we have today.

HAHAHAHAHAH
whats sad is that people actually believe this. Imagine being so pathetic that you would rather be a slave to a nobleman who doesn't give a fuck about you rather than have freedom to chose what you want to do even if life is a bit more arduous and requires a bit more personal responsibility.

You are a slave right now.

>the most autistic monarchy ever

NO BULLY COUSIN WILLY

It is the noble's duty to take pride in the condition of his subjects - to the (((capitalist))) it is only to maximise potential avenues for novelty

Oh God. Why did it have to end?

>austro hunagry
>successful
Kek

Why did willy ruin everything?
Why couldn't he be a good cousin and let nicky play with other slavs?

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my lands… and my crown… even my pickelhaube. The empire I’ve lost… the pride I’ve lost… won’t stop hurting… It’s like they’re all still there. You feel it, too, don’t you?

Hungary didn't have an empire? the AHE was a shitty compromise that would've broken to shit in 50 years anyways?

1st was best

>Second Reich
>best Reich
Pick one

>First Reich
>best Reich
Pick two

The autismo-crippled empire under A*strian hands that got bullied for a millenia is better than the empire that made Germany the strongest country in Europe?

The Austrian Habsburgs were only in control for the last few centuries. At it's peak the HRE was vastly superior to the Second Reich.

Also a similar description can be applied to the 2nd Reich.
>The autismo-crippled empire under Pr*ssian hands that wasn't even around long enough to get bullied and was responsible for getting Germany into a shitty war that ultimately ruined it forever

Some form of Monarchism was the default of human existance since we learned to farm and build cities. And yet if it was so great we would still have it. Clearly it is an inferior form of government if the vast majority of people dont really want it.

Every neo monarchist has fanciful dreams of being the royal adviser, a court sword noble or maybe just an unimportant country aristocrat who fucks his chubby wife and goes on merry tours around the local villages.

In reality if you are useless and unimportant today, you will be a serf in this society as well. Absolutism has shown just how much damage an incompetent or even just a normal ruler can do. Complain all you want about modern society but we're not dying from starvation and engaging in gigantic world wars over trivial issues in the first world.

>Why did the Zweites Reich use those colors and not the nationalist German tricolore?
Because the national colors (black-red-gold) come from the student militias of the liberation wars against Naopleon and the German Revolution of 1848/49 - both civic and liberal movements. The unification of 1871 was primarily pushed by Prussia and the nobility, and that's why the flag of the North-German Confederation (black-white-red) was chosen as national flag: black and white represented Prussia, red (and white) represented the Hansa cities.

>two of your cousins are Tsar of Russia and King of Britain
>go to war with them for no reason at all
what did he mean by this?

>Russians mobilize
>no reason at all
Obviously the Russians were completely unprepared and didn't expect a war, that's why they invaded East Prussia at the very beginning of the war.

Also the UK declared war, not Germany.

You can blame Germany for invading Belgium, declaring war on France and (possibly) for reassuring A-H (though the Serbs provoked it), but those two are wrong.

Doesn't make Willy II less autistic, ofc.

Huh that's actually pretty interesting. Thanks for an informative post!

The one true Emperor of the German Empire was Otto Von Bismarck.

Wilhelm I was weak.
Fredrick III was a British puppet
Wilhelm II wasn't thinking too clearly.

You're welcome!
>Wilhelm I was weak.
>Fredrick III was a British puppet
>Wilhelm II wasn't thinking too clearly.
Shut your whore mouth

Could he have saved it?

The only problem with Freddy is that he might be too pacifistic to take down Russia before it's too late.

>when your doctor's literally kill you quicker by cutting and spreading the cancer

>Every neo monarchist has fanciful dreams of being the royal adviser, a court sword noble or maybe just an unimportant country aristocrat who fucks his chubby wife and goes on merry tours around the local villages.
>In reality if you are useless and unimportant today, you will be a serf in this society as well. Absolutism has shown just how much damage an incompetent or even just a normal ruler can do. Complain all you want about modern society but we're not dying from starvation and engaging in gigantic world wars over trivial issues in the first world.

This is really the single most accurate depiction of anyone who dreams of the "teh good ol' days". In reality all they do is replace the fantasy of being billionaires now to being the 18-19th century equivalent of billionaires with no understanding that they'd probably just die age 15 from lockjaw on a farm.

Reading about him sure gives the impression that we ended up in the bad timeline. It's all a question if he would have been strong enough to fight the Prussian mentality. He and Bismarch sure didn't get along.

Bismarck should've been fired right after Germany united.

Info on pic?

Not really. He was a Britishboo, we would've probably reorganize the Kaiserreich to be more like the UK. He probably wouldn't go the MUH BOATS autist road like Willie so Britain wouldn't have a shitfit over them.

France & Britain still wanted to fucking destroy Germany, France because of the 1870s defeat butthurt, Britain because of the eternal Anglo "nobody can be more powerful in Europe but us". Both of them had a potential war plan for 1913 about attacking Germany.

With Freddy I think there's a large chance the the Kaiserreich would've been significantly weakened or even potentially breaking up (Bavaria being the biggest separatist state of them all, even today they still reeeee about being part of Germany) so that might ease the British because Germany wouldn't be the most powerful country in Europe anymore and would be reduced to France tier.

It is entirely possible that when the european war started because of Balkan autism that, had Freddy been the kaiser, Brittan would join Germany to fuck up France, leaving Russia to Germany.

By the end of the way chances are that Russia would still fall apart and the Poland. Baltic, Ukraine would be established, Austria-Hungary would still fall apart to Austria and Hungary, and Germany would probably still fall apart to Northern Germany and Southern states thus going back to the "delicate balance of power by the virtue of having a billion smaller meme states" that worked for the continent since the congress of Vienna.

Don't be a retard the only reason why WW I didn't happen as soon as Germany united is because Bismarck knew how to juggle everyone's butthurt.

But I just want a constitutional monarchy with a strong administration under it user.

Avoiding war is the entire reason he failed. Russia shouldn't have been given the time it needed to industrialize.

>But I just want a constitutional monarchy with a strong administration under it user.

So move to Sweden you dumbfuck.

Or Japan.
Or Australia
Or Belgium
Or Canada
Or Denmark
Or Spain

You just want to dress up in 19th century clothes, watch military marches on the street. You want to LARP.

Feels good being Norwegian.

>sweden
filled with muslims
>canada
gay
>spain
poorfags and catalonians
>denmark
its ok
>japan
no
>australia
"no"

I want a constitutional monarchy that actually gives the monarch power while making sure he reigns with carefulness and consideration, not these jokes we have today where the monarch sits back while political parties fight eachother

Russia wasn't industriliazed even in WW I. Alexander II wanted to rapidly industrialize the country and failed because Russian were scared of any innovation because to the average Russian surf if it wasn't invented by Russian it's literally satan's shit. But Alexander was a huge Germanboo to the point that he spoke German in private and hated Russian. Bismarck was smart and uses that because he knew that nobody will ever win a land war with Russia and capitalized on that.

It was his reactionary autists son Alexander III that went HURR HURR RUSSIA STRONK that fucked up all the good work his dad did and then his even more autistic "how do I empire?" son Nikky that fucked it up even more for everyone.

Russia wouldn't' become a industrialized until Stalin.

>not these jokes we have today where the monarch sits back while political parties fight eachother

Holy shit you're a dumb larping nigger is this really the state of Veeky Forums ?

How is Norway's constitutional monarchy anyway? Is it a joke like the UK's?

not an argument :^)

You literally said that there was no political parties shitflinging in a constitutional monarchy which proves that you're a /pol/ tier larper whose knowledge of history extends to "it was all good before niggers came to earth from space".

There is no value or using any brain power to make arguments for you.

But user, black people are aliens :^)

>I want a constitutional monarchy that actually gives the monarch power while making sure he reigns with carefulness and consideration

That's not what a constitutional monarchy is you dumb fucking retard, you want an absolute monarchy with the possibly of a non-retard as a king.

Learn the meaning of words before posting holy shit.

Yes, the monarchy is only symbolic. I think the only power he has on paper is that any new goverment has to be approved by him, but I don't see that being utilized any time soon.

How the FUCK do you make such a picture?

Anton von Werner - Crown prince Frederick (later emperor Frederick III) in front of the body of (French) general Abel Douay

I think yes.

You need a very good painter and something to paint with.

>implying 4th Reich isn't the best Reich

Any good books about him?

>
>
>

This maybe, the author has good reviews on another book on Frederick III which is apparently only available in German...

amazon.com/Our-Fritz-Frederick-Political-Imperial/dp/0674048385/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506101752&sr=8-1&keywords=Frank Lorenz Müller frederick

I was wrong, it's the same book.

The hell are you on about? Is it somehow all or nothing in your mind? A monarch with a partial (ie non absolute) degree of power, is perfectly compatible with the existence of a constitutional document.

Literal British puppet. The answer is no. He probably turn it into a constitutional monarchy.

What did he do in his few days of tenure to earn being called a puppet?

Tried to undermine the man who orchestrated the war/united the nation power in government (Bismarck) and listened on his wife's (British) advice on government/being extremely liberal in a strong traditional state.

This. God saw this faggots plans and swiftly ended his life.

Who the hell is talking about Austria Hungary you faggots, that flag is just Hungary. And it's by default the best Uralic country because the others are irrelevant shits like Finland and Estonia.

Looking back, it really was the pinnacle of human civilization.

I miss old /gsg/ and Napoopan.

>Oh God. Why did it have to end?

Because Willy wAs a dick.

I feel like the 1st reich was the best because it actually lasted a decent length of time.

Don't let this thread die

>Comparing the peak of one empire to another that died prematurely at the hands of a retard

youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0

reminder any epic bismarck kiddies are fucking retarded and ACTUALLY think this man did anything except hand craft a ship only he could navigate despite being in his eighties for nothing but his own prestige and autism

Fuck you, he was a master pragmatist and the inventor of realpolitik

Step on lego. Bismarck is the greatest statesman in history.

>muh kulturekampf
>refuse to reconcile with WILLY, get rightfully btfo
>autism so intricate that you allow no-one except yourself to handle the diplomatic nightmare of """muh realpolitik"

face it kiddos, SKIDmarck was a failure

t. Grzegorz Dupobolski

One more point is that the black/yellow/red scheme also stood for the Großdeutscheland faction. In the same way that red/white/black was a union of Prussia (black/white) and Hansa (red/white), the black/yellow/red stood for the union of Hansa (red/white) and Habsburg Austria (black/gold).

Honest question: How is HRE ever considered the "first" Reich? It's not German... the rulers were never German.. the capital was never in Germany. I don't get it.

Half of those shots were clearly England or the US.

>How is HRE ever considered the "first" Reich?
Because it was the successor of the Kingdom of Germany (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany) and a large majority of the population was German. Territories of the HRE changed quite a bit during its existence, but the heartland was always Germany.
>It's not German...
It was majority German both in terms of area and population.
>the rulers were never German..
But that's wrong, most emperors were German: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Emperor
>the capital was never in Germany
That's because there was no official capital, but imperial seats, of which most were located in German lands.

You should probably read the entire article again: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Yeah, but was was Wilhelm 2 such a dick to him?

Because Wilhelm II wanted the chancellor to be absolutely obedient to him, which Bismarck didn't want to be.

This faggot is .
There was no Hungarian Empire so it was assumed that they were talking about the AHE

What's wrong with that?

What if Austria was annexed to the 3rd reich?

2nd reich
Sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=DoUrpmnaZVo

;_;

>"Heil dir im Siegerkranz" has the same melody as "God Save the Queen"
>Wilhem II was of Anglo descent
>Hated England with all of his might
>MFW

he didn't hate england, he liked england just not the fact that they had a bigger navy then germany

tbqh Die Wacht am Rhein should have been the anthem. Fuck the French.

>uralic is hungarian
>not Ancient Finnish Empire

WRONG

youtu.be/EKe8WYiHCao

Then Germany would have been dogpiled by literally everyone the second they did so. Germany was already a behemoth, adding Austria to them would make them the indisputable hegemonic power no one wanted.

Hungarian kingdom was an empire.

Don't let this thread die!

krikienoid.github.io/flagwaver/#?src=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Flag_of_the_German_Empire.svg

Otto sucked and set Germany up for failure

A constitutional monarchy necessarily suggests that an elected body holds the majority of the power, because if the monarch is the most powerful then its just an Autocracy with a few terms and conditions.
Of course if the monarch is not the most powerful then what's the point of him/her in the first place? If anything the tension between two independent figures of power would create an more ineffective and unstable government (See: The Russian Provisional Government, English Civil war)

Op. I think you mean to say the 2nd worst Reich ever.

The 2nd Reich displaced thousands and lead to the biggest migration of ethnically pure Germans to places such as France and the Americas. This was for many reasons unpresidented and unfavorable for the world wars which would later call back the aid of these displaced Germans, a call that would for the most part not be answered.

During the reins of the 2nd Riech, Catholic Germans migrated to the Americas, which in turn displaced many Anglo-Saxon white protestants, succesfully diluting and eventually with the help of other European migrants, ending the nativism movement in America. Had Nativism not been diluted, the likelyhold of an America where White English Protestants were still the majority, would have likely made for a weaker America and during the turn of the century America expanded it's reaches due to its successful overcoming of racial tensions between many overbearing nationalities.

It was because of the 2nd Reich that America became predominantly Catholic in its Urban centers.

Germans are protesant

Today most are atheist, but back then a third was catholic, especially in Bavaria, Baden, Württemberg, and at the Rhine. Austria is Catholic, too.

Purple: Protestant plurality
Yellow: Catholic plurality
Blue: Non-religious/other plurality
Darker shades indicate an absolute majority (greater than 50%).

You're obviously unfamiliar as to why that is, so I'll spare you the insult and educated you.

There is a reason Germany is dominated by Protestants instead of Catholics. Yes the reason is because the fundamentals of Protestantism was created in the THE, but during the 2nd Reich, Catholics were to an extent purged out. Not in the same sense as the Spanish Inquisition for muslims or Hitler's final solution for Jews, but to an extent that caused mass migration of Catholic Germans to flee and immigrate to the Americas and Western Europe.