Transhumanism

Is it a meme or is it the next step in human evolution?

Meme, there will be a small band of Genetically enhanced hyper rich serviced by robots, while the rest of humanity will be uploaded to some server somewhere to be kept out of the way.

Fuck those guys

Why do we assume that we aren't living inside a reality designed by people from the future?

For starters, I don't see how they can be people from the future if we're living in it right now.

He means technologically advanced

Because thats stupid.

This is only one timeline. In another timeline, there are people alive who've created a machine that manufactures other timelines. Have you played Fallout 4? There's a robot called CLEO who predicts the end of the world. Also in Men in Black there is a guy who has an overview of different timelines. Anyway, the people in the alternate timeline realised that they fucked up somewhere, and our reality is their experiment to see what could happen if they had acted differently.

Not really Veeky Forums related, but ive just finished pic related a few days ago and it was one of the only games that i've played that left me thinking aboit it for days after that.Bit depressing, but give it a try if you are interested with the subject
>inb4 some /v/edditor start REEEEEing

>Is it a meme...[?]

I THINK THAT YOU IGNORE WHAT IS A MEME.

>... or is it the next step in human evolution?

TRANSHUMANISM IS A STEP TOWARD FURTHER DEVOLUTION; TRANSHUMANISM ENTAILS FURTHER BIOGENETIC DEGENERATION.

WHY YOU ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS ON EVERY HIS POST

hes roleplaying as a roman

A meme

Pretty surface level. It has the same level of existentialism that episode of Star Trek where Riker gets cloned by the teleporter has.

>roleplaying as a roman
>uses U and C

2/10 larp

>Pretty surface level.
perfect for the average Veeky Forums browser then

Transhumanists are idiots. It's all baseless crap, there's no salient explanation of or plan for implementing any of the things they talk about doing.

Even if you could copy a human mind 1:1 onto a hard drive as a static image (you can't) you couldn't use a programming language to recreate the human thought process.

Its just some science fiction religion attempting to address existential human problems in all the same ways the major world religions have done through mythology. Pick your poison, both are likely false promises and you're certainly better off investing your energy into the life you absolutely currently have.

Joke's on you, I'm going to be a genetically modified Hercules. I'll be a Pillarman.

My back up is uploading my consciousness to a Quantum Computer, where I will marry my digital waifu

t.meat bag

But that's exactly the current incarnation of the transhumanist meme you're parroting.

t. tincan

More like transsexualism, amirite :-DDD

people used to think that going to the moon was a meme.
Who knows? I'm pretty sure it will be possible in several centuries unless something happens to us before.

for what purpose would someone do that

tincans are superior to eurangutangs

If the universe is a simulation, it was made to simulate all the shit we see-stars,galaxies, planets, etc
Humanity is just a tiny bug or a easter egg inside