So, I have a question about ethics. Why is animal abuse supposed to be bad? Why are they supposed to have rights...

So, I have a question about ethics. Why is animal abuse supposed to be bad? Why are they supposed to have rights? what makes animals so special?

And where do you draw the line on animal rights? Like, most people wouldn't be oaky with stepping on a litter of puppies, but genociding wasps with gas is generally accepted. So, clearly some animals lives mean more than others. Where's the line between okay to mass-murder and not-okay?

genociding wasps is ok because they'refucking niggers
fuck wasps

Okay, but what makes them niggers?

they steal honey and attack unprovoked

Does that mean bears are niggers too?

Black bears are alright. Grizzlies are fucking crazy. Polar bears will kill you without a thought.

because teleology you fucking retard

for fucks sake, how is everyone not a platonist yet; morality is handed down to us from the twin gods plato and aristotle

>Teleology
So, it's the animal's inherent purpose to... do animal stuff, I guess? I don't think I follow. You'll have to go into a little more detail, bro.

>So, I have a question about ethics. Why is animal abuse supposed to be bad? Why are they supposed to have rights? what makes animals so special?
They feel pain

hugs OP. Animals that can be hugged deserve rights, the animals that can't are literally meaningless

Only retards who think of animals as pets primarily think they should have rights, and only emasculated urban faggots living in their 450 square ft rabbit cages think animals are primarily pets.

Okay, but why is animal pain as important as human pain? Should human pain be the only kind that matters? Should animal pain mean just as much as human pain?

So, why don't animal rights fuck heads call it Pets Rights then? (not that I disagree with you, personally I see nothing wrong with slaughterhouses and factory farms, they do a great service to us all)

Because the only animals they come in contact with are their pets they feel emotionally attached to. It's a slippery slope with them too, within just a few decades they went from "it should be illegal to torture/mutilate the animal* (which nobody but utter mongoloids does anyway) to "it should be illegal to scare an animal or put it under any kind of stress". These people ruin everything.

Is it cool for me to eat lobster then? There's no evidence that they feel pain.

Dogs, cats and other animals have formed symbiotic relationships with humanity where we benefit from our co-existence. Dogs help us hunt and guard our stuff, cats hunt and eradicate pests that might eat our food and spread infections, horses provide quick, low-cost transportation, cattle provide food and clothing materials such as wool and leather, they all can provide companionship, etc.
In return, we give them food, shelter and ensure their continued existence as species. Animal abuse mostly comes to light regarding these domesticated species in cases like when some gypsy cunt kicks his dog unprovoked for his own amusement, the animal is suffering for something that the human can much better acquire through other means.

As animals ourselves, we know that suffering is bad and we only tend to wish on those we truly despise. Inflicting undue suffering on an animal whose reasoning is inherently different from yours that did not in any way harm you and is being a piece of shit. There's a reason why we've always sought to give animals we raise for food such as chickens or pigs a quick death, because you gain nothing from the suffering of something that will never understand why it is suffering unless you're fucked in the head.
There's a difference between animal abuse and discipline, though. They should not be confused, especially when proper discipline is often punctual and not continued, and helps certain animals define their place in their "pack"'s hierarchy which psychologically is much better for them.

Now, animals like wasps, they're pure shit. They're dangerous, they're invasive, they're not visually appealing, they cannot be controlled or harnessed. While you can admire the shape of a beetle, the power of a tarantula or the discipline of a bee, there is nothing to admire or value in a fucking wasp.

You can value the wasp's ferociousness and ability to induce terror. I say that as someone attacked by a swarm of wasps from a young age. They terrify me. If I became a (((benevolent))) warlord, I'd probably use some wasp motif. Kinda like Batman.

You shouldn't hurt or treat badly any person or animal that isn't a threat to or hurting you. Eating meat is fine, but causing undo suffering should be avoided. I don't see how this is hard to grasp.

Pain is pain dude. The only difference between the two pains you mentionned is by who they were felt.

It's based on cuteness. Wasps aren't cute like puppies so kicking them doesn't upset you.

/thread

If you want to hurt animals, 99% chance you would enjoy hurting people as well.

This thread is making me hungry.

Smaller nervous system = less pain

if you have empathy, animal pain is felt as human pain. its called theory of mind and you're supposed to develop it when you're 5 years old

>warlord
>benevolent