Why did Sweden become christian slower than Norway and Denmark?

Why did Sweden become christian slower than Norway and Denmark?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Scandinavia#Sweden
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Χριστός
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they're cucks

Wouldn't that make the Danes and norwegians the cucks?

Because they're Somali Muslims.

no it makes them based

It's most likely because Denmark and Norway had more contact with the christians because of their settlements in the british isles and Holstein

>Christ
>from greek Kristos, which is pronounced like it's writen (krees-tos for a*glos)
>"Christ" is pronounced KRAIST
Why are anglos so retarded

Christianity destroyed masculinity and created the path for unlimited refugees 1000 years later.
Time to fight it back to where it came from: Middle East.

The pronunciation of the name "Christ" in various languages has literally nothing to do with anything in this thread, why the fuck are you even bringing it up

>2016+1
>still not pagan
When will you christaboo's stop bending over for the h*brew (((god)))

Bump

Stop Vargposting.

Let's try and save this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Scandinavia#Sweden

> The first known attempts to Christianize Sweden were made by Ansgar in 830, invited by the Swedish king Björn at Haugi. Setting up a church at Birka he met with little Swedish interest. A century later Unni, archbishop of Hamburg, made another unsuccessful attempt. In the 10th century English missionaries made inroads in Västergötland.

>Adam of Bremen's historical treatise Gesta Hammaburgensis ecclesiae pontificum mentions a pagan Temple at Uppsala in central Sweden.[23] "The reliability of Adam's description of the cult site at Gamla Uppsala has been seriously questioned."[24] Although Uppsala's status as a pre-Christian cultic center is well documented, Adam's account could not be confirmed by archaeological findings.[25] The "presumed cult buildings which have been excavated do not resemble Adam's description of a temple 'totally covered with gold."[26]

>The supporters of the cult at Uppsala drew a mutual agreement of toleration[25] with Olof Skötkonung, the first Christian king of Sweden, who ascended to the throne in the 990s. Presumably Olof Skötkonung was not in a powerful enough position to violently enforce the observance of Christianity in Uppland.[27] Instead he established an episcopal see at Skara in Västergötland, near his own stronghold at Husaby around 1000.[27] Another episcopal see was established at Sigtuna in the 1060s[27] by King Stenkil, according to Adam of Bremen.[28] This seat was moved to Gamla Uppsala probably some time between 1134 and 1140.[28] This might have been because of Uppsala's importance as an old royal residence and thing site, but it may also have been inspired by a desire to show that the resistance to Christianity in Uppland had been defeated.[28] By papal initiative an archdiocese for Sweden was established at Uppsala in 1164.[28][29]

Leftists trying to revise our history because it was too brutal, right-wingers trying to revise our history because of the current state of the country.

>Implying it was not the communist jews

It's Ch-ristos and is pronounced hreestos

I'd guess that it has something to do with fjords and coastal societies. It was easier to reach the average Norwegian and Danish community, than the average Swedish one. The last parts to be Christianized in Norway were the inner eastern parts on the Swedish border. Now that I think of it, the Norwegian word for heathen is hedning, and today that inner region is called Hedmark.

I don't know what it refers to, but hed also means moor.

Yeah. Hede also can mean somebody living far out in the countryside. Tbh I don't know for sure, I'm just trying to make some connections in my head.

An interesting thing that differs Sweden from Norway and Denmark is that we share more holidays with Finland than we do with you two.

>post classical koines
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Χριστός

less centralized kingdoms, sweden always had a problem with internal strife compared to norway and denmark.

His autism's showing?

Yes. We spent centuries under Denmark, and Finland spent centuries under you. While you and the Danes were at each others throats nearly the whole time. I guess it was natural that two cultural camps developed.

Do you celebrate Valborg or Knut?

I have not even heard of those.

>we

Why are /pol/ tards so fucking retarded that everything has to be a shadow conspiracy causing the things they dislike rather then just normal evolution of liberalism

>(You)

>Christianity is to blame!
>what is the Battle of Vienna?
>what is the Battle of Lepanto?
Without Christianity, Europe would've probably been Muslim right now.
The refugee problem didn't begin until the bulk of the European population became secular.
Where do all these pagan LARPers come from anyways?