YES!

>Non-Swedish letters in the name
one job

Begone shill!

Begone /pol/!

>swedish folklore
>it is just swedes we wuzzing danish and norwegian folklore
>as always

Is there anything that Swedes claim as their own that they haven't stolen from their more talented neighbors?

Long, cold nights, and the necessity of community support for survival.

begone jidf!

Deep forests and cold winters lead to plenty of scare tales to keep kids from wandering off to get lost or eaten. Besides that, these environments tickle the imagination even today and the Nordic people have always had a deep cultural love of nature

A persistent belief and cultivation of fairytales long after everybody else (look at Iceland), and key figures documenting them at various points in history

Many figures were a symbolic way to maintain history despite the forbidding of symbols and stories - Mountain trolls were euphemisms of pagans and their encounters with Christians

Denmark didn't believe in trolls and Norways trolls were more like giants than trolls

finland's giant goat single-handedly blows tehm the fuck out

Which giant goat? Sweden has a giant goat, what giant goat does Finland have?

Anyways, trolls still beat literally everything else imaginable

Is that the thing all the atheists burn down on Christmas eve?

It gets burned down almost every year yes

What books do i read to learn about scandinavian folklore

In Swedish, a little grill stand like this can be called "kökhuset". Given there is probably a chance you could find "Sven's Kökhuset" around.

>Sweden
>Greatest folklore of all time
nice meme Sven Bögsson

This pic needs a Brazzers edit.

Finnish folklore is just old men mucking about in swamps and forests. There's really nothing 'great' about it.

Tolkien thought otherwise and we got Lord of the Rings

Your objectively wrong. Finnish folklore has no trolls

What on Earth are you on about?

>Finnish folklore has no trolls

Gandalf is based on Väinämöinen.

If finnish folklore got trolls it only has them because of swedish influence

Finland is just greater Swedish clay anyway so that's probably true.
>t. swede

No, he's not. While I won''t deny that Gandalf was at least slightly influenced by Väinämöinen, the character was based more on Odin, from whom he gets both his magical powers as well as his general appearance.

I agree.
>t. Finn

We'll make it happen again one day Pekka... mark my words

There are significant differences between Odin and Gandalf though.

The former is a true god temporarily hiding his power level by masquerading as the Wanderer.

Gandalf on the other hand is a demigodly being(Maiar) more akin to Väinämöinen.

Give Väinämöinen a wizard hat and keep him away from girls and he's Gandalf.

>Sweden.
>Best folklore.
Tip top kek, Ibero-american myths are a lot more weird, fun or scary.

How does Anglo-saxon paganism differ to that of Scandinavia and Germany?

Obviously Norwegian folklore is superior to S**dish folklore.

Well one thing is that Anglo-saxon paganism has no trolls
Norway has no real trolls like Sweden

>Children fathered by the Kurupi were expected to be small, ugly and hairy much like their father, and if male to inherit something of their father's virility.
Spaniards.

What happens when his dick gets erect?

Does all the fairies and Goblins and shit in English Folklore come from Anglo-Saxon Paganism or from Celtic mythology?

The penis is prensile, so in a way it's ever erect or flacid. Think of it as an original hentai tentacle or the penis of the scary movie 2 from the gay nigger.

I don't
>t. Finn

>Which giant goat? Sweden has a giant goat, what giant goat does Finland have?
a not-so-subtlebrag that I never thought I'd see

more the tuath danaan who were black

yes, it's a representative opion for many leftists on either side of the pond

Stay mad wh*Te shit

I'm more mad that I posted the wrong picture, can't find the one I was looking for either

post more pics of wh*Tes getting BTFO

Swedes illegally residing in Finland are not Finns, Cai-Göran.

Dude Norway has by far the best folklore in Scandinavia, and I am saying this as a swede myself. Trolls especially have a much better apperance in Norewgian or even Danish folklore. Vi stal allt från norrmän

norwegians had to eat literal wood from trees because they were so poor, no shit they come up with this crazy shit

I'm from Eastern Finland. My family is from the Savonia region. I'm definately not a Swede.

You are clearly norwegian. Denmark didn't believe in trolls and norwegian trolls are nothing like swedish trolls. Swedish trolls are also more iconic

>swedish trolls are also more iconic

Search: trolls mythology and look at images. Very many of them are pictures of swedish trolls

>Denmark didn't believe in trolls
Yes they did. They were known as "Bjergfolk", and they resemble the swedish ones a lot. Maybe a bit more human like.
>iconic
What do you mean by that? Norwegians are typically a lot bigger and meaner. What characteristics do the swesish have that makes them more iconic

Norwegian trolls are huge mountainlike creatures. Swedish trolls are slightly larger than average, with many distinct facial features like bauers paintings

I cant say why they're more iconic. But they are, just look at most of the first photos at

Really gets you thinking, doesn't it?

>Randomly chose a word from a wikipedia article
>This is proof that trolls are norwegian
Sad bait

All thes pics of swedish trolls are from the same artist, John Bauer. If anything I would say thatt it's HIS style that is more "iconic". What makes norwegian trolls so great are the stories themselves, and what role they play in them

youtube.com/watch?v=GjfM8Z5TvZA
niggas really out here saying this aint proof lmfao
FUCK OFF MY DICK bro

>Trolls live in woods
>Norway has very little woods
>Sweden has very much woods
Its so fucking obvious that trolls are swedish

It was obviously just a joke.