Tfw used to be a stockfaggot

>tfw used to be a stockfaggot
>tfw used to laugh at shitcoin trading
>tfw watching these gains
>tfw i've been converted and put 100% of my portfolio in e-coins
forgive me for I have sinned

>100% of my portfolio in e-coins
that's too much

you need to hedge against systemic risks in case all of crypto goes down for some reason

How much NAK to bonk this jizz whiz?

This girl isn't asian

crypto will never go down

quiet, cuck

Get bent loser.

Congrats, brother, welcome to the future. Don't look back - if it gets too bright, here's some sunglasses.

why are you posting white trash when you can afford to upgrade to a qt3.14 asian then?

rothcuck detected

>tfw 10% crypto, 20% real estate, 40% stocks/bonds
>tfw I'm buffettpilled and holding 30% in cash/cds/savings right now since valuations on stocks are high as shit and bonds are pumped hard by central banks

I will be one of the few buying when there's blood in the streets. The funniest thing I read today was a Reddit/r/Investing thread where people were saying how much of their net worth was in cash, and most of them were

hey OP, I'm right there with you. I used to be a professional stock trader making a whopping $65k/year + bonuses. I came across bitcoin in 2013 and moved all my money into it.

Now I've retired and day trade for shits and giggles. I have a few pieces of property but I'd say 75% of my net worth is still in crypto. Join the club.

pls teach

There is so much good information already out there on the web about how to day trade. Like anything it's a skill. The more time you put into research, practice and reflection - the better you will become.

I've put well over 10,000 hours into education, practice and reflection. There is nothing special to what I do, it just takes time to learn.

I've already started reading up on some stuff but are there any sites you'd recommend? Any material in specific?
Is it even a good time to start now? I feel like btc will get even lower

30-80% depending on your situation is a sane amount

100% is not going to hedge against, say a vulnerability within a popular encryption algorithm.

20% of your assets left is shitty enough, but it's much much better than 0%

It is most certainly still a good time. It's impossible to know when the whole crypto world fun will end (if it even does)... but there is still some gas left in the tank. Plenty of money to be made/lost.

I unfortunately don't have a good place to start/recommend in regards to websites/books. However, I will say YouTube is good. Investopia is a good site and the best thing you can do is start with the basics.

Don't worry about trying to identify patterns on charts, I literally never do that. Do learn how moving averages work, how support/resistance works, study order books, learn basic indicators like RSI, MACD, bollinger band and truly understand how they work. To the point you could easily explain it to someone else who is new.

I'd also recommend spending a lot of time studying how price/volume interact together. People too often study price movement but forget about volume. Although volume is easily manipulated and thus sending wrong signals - it's more important in my mind than price.

I strongly doubt the 10k remark. This would mean over 3 years doing it 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, no slacking.

Extremely unlikely that a vulnerability will be found in rigorously tested algorithms.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I still got a ways to go for understanding those.
Is it necessary to buy into btc in order to get started?
Also, do you have any way of predicting which coins will go which way? So far I'm just looking at coinmarketcap's biggest Winners and Losers and trying to see which is going higher (no money in crypto yet though so useless I guess)

As for volume, is there a certain minimum or maximum you look at? Like if a coin has below $1mil in volume, for example, is that coin off the list?

assume I lose 50% of my investment

but the other 50% tripled

am I worse off than if I put 60% of my money into stocks which return 10% per year?

>when you realize you were wrong

I agree, but are you willing to stake all of your assets on it? I'm not. That is also not the only risk for crypto. When I'm unsure I try to hedge proportionally to my risk tolerance.

Me too. I have one more trade to execute tomorrow, and then I am done with stocks.

You're a sane, rational man in a thread rife with too little of those things user. Pearls before swine I guess.

I can assure you I'm well past the 10k hours. I've been trading for almost 10 years, I work 7 days a week and will often put in 12-16 hour days.

Well if you wanted to get started in crypto, you're most likely buying bitcoin (or possibly LTC/ETH) but bitcoin is typically your crypto gateway.

No, there is no way to predict which coins will go up or down. Unless you have inside info and I don't trade on inside info.

With volume, I do tend to invest in what I'd label "small cap crypto" because they are easier to hit x3-x10 returns. But I do also keep a chunk of money in BTC/LTC as the big dogs.

do add to that comment, I can say with confidence I've done 10k hours in crypto alone, nevertheless the years I put into stock trading.

lol. Asian chicks are the 'thanks for coming' award . my dad got one after my mom kicked his sorry ass out because they I'll accept Anything that has ten cents in a bank account .

your mommy tell you that? also,
>hodling women, a literal inflating commodity

I would argue that's not for everybody. my business earns cash so why store cash ? real estate , stocks and minerals and crypto for sure . 30% cash subjected to interest rates lower than rate of inflation. sounds as stupid to having less than 5 % to me . everybody plans for doom and gloom that hasn't happened seriously since 1929