Black guy here wanting to be financially savvy

I have a civil engineering degree, but work project management, got off track in life for a bit ended up with alot of credit card debt and lost motivation in life. Slowly paying it off. Parents were/are very frugal people. They own two properties one in the states and one in the Caribbean(im from the caribbean)
Got depressed(not clinical) when my pops died realized how pointless life was after that and gained some bad habits,

Sorta Woke up, found my self in a group of chinese americans, from (catholic) church, its a financial literacy group. Very eye opening very healthy environment for me. Structured, you can see why they have high networths, everything is about maximising your potential from life(the asian way). They have focus, i need focus. (I need a strict wife maybe)
Also honestly very nice to me. Weening myself off bad fiscal habits. Going to do things the "asian" way. save invest have no debt listen to their advise etc
Got some crypto, but not enough but buying a rental property soon.

Anyway i just put this on biz cuz i was depressed about life just now, and i put that im black because i wanted to see the reactions id get from Veeky Forums. so yeah.

Im not read your blogpost monkey

fucking nigger

Don't be mean.

why do you draw attention to your ethnicity ?

You're going to let this walking piece of shit come on here and ask us questions, get fucked.

Go back to where you come from, nigger.

why do females and blacks feel the need to mention it lol good luck, keep positive and follow the superior Asian way of doing things.

just wanted to see if Veeky Forums/biz/ would focus on that or focus on the other aspect of the posts..ie progress to becoming financially savvy

I'm Asian but I don't know what you mean by the Asian way? We get money cause we avoid doing stupid shit.

acting like an asian wont do shit. asians save money because they feed off their parents until they are too old to move rinse repeat.

shoo shoo black man!

user, what exactly the point of this thread? You have a valuable degree.. this is already much better than 75% of these neets with their 250$ blockfolios.

I don't really understand the purpose of your thread, but I would suggest you cut your spending as much as you and pay off the credit joo. Once you're done, invest some 70/30 of your residual income on crypto/stocks. Travel as much as you can, do it frugally...

dunno man. Good luck,

eat you veggies.

dear black civil engineering man, i am white civil engineering student. Senior year. Off topic but maybe youll answer me. I too want to be a project manager, i hate design work and would much rather be out in the field. The past 2 summers I have worked for my state's DOT as a construction inspector. What sort of advice would you have for me if i want to follow in a similar path to you (just the career part)

you loaded your own thread . do you know what this means? it won't produce any useful results , due to your own bullshit formulation . so all you will receive is bullshit responses. a bona fide civ. eng? I doubt it... however, I have met US graduates. they are usually retarded compared to European grads unless from Stanford or Harvard . in any case, blow your head off , jig. you are a liar or cheated your way through your degree as anybody this dumb will never succeed.

most people ironically call you nigger and the other bunch are middle america tweaker brainets who buy high sell low btw you dirty blakkeroni pizza

Why is Asia so poor?

I'm more offended you post rick and morty reddit trash than the fact that you're being a groid online

as a black man i'm deeply offended by this thread

why bring attention to your ethnicity

Nevermind the edgelords. Racism is fucking stupid. We are all here to better ourselves and become financially sound. Even the racist degenerate /pol/tards.

I am happy for you user. It takes a lot to realize that you are being a fucking retard and change it. Pride is a fucking faggot and deserves to get destroyed, so good on you.

Being fiscally responsible is the foundation to a better life. Not because of the money, but because of the lesser amount of worry.

What were your issues and what steps are you taking?

>group of Chinese dudes
>eye opening
lol. Subtle

apply for a job NOW..get your project management cert (PMP) now. while youre still in school only takes a couple weeks really. Really youre probably gonna start off by getting the boss coffee and being tested if you plan to be out in the field alot. gotta pay your dues.

When hired, try to understand their business inside out. Learn as much as possible. Dont think your work ends when you go home.

precisely this . I don't care about race... I hate idiots though..OP is clearly borderline downssyndrome

Fuck off.

sheeeeit. That sounds like a lot of work. I hope bitcoin blows up so i can retire early.

But thanks man I appreciate it.

How much does GPA come into effect? im a terrible student (talking solid 2.4) but very clever so in a job interview ill handle myself well.

Asians really are the master race when it comes to investing. Australian guy here who jumped into property market 2009 thanks to chinese guy at work...would have spunked all wages away if it wasn't for this.

Black bro here too. You are in the right track. I already have very strict wife, who's good with numbers. It does work

>Dont think your work ends when you go home.

If chinks were so smart how come every one of them ends up a pile of incense on a table after they're dead?

I mean if they were being buried right and left in lambos they made sitting in front of their PC all day in their underwear I'd be impressed.

biz buy cryptos howare we financially savvy

also it isnt rocket science, save money, diverse investments -> some risky some safe, save for retirement and buy real estate

if you want to be fancy do shit like wine investment or classic cars. find the bottom of the market future classics and buy now, or if you already have a sum of money, buy something that is already a classic. if you can work buy a project

its easy to make money nigga

my issues were following the death of my father, who was a telecoms engineer and also a project manager(but in IT) . My pops was infinitely smarter than me and him dying just made me think what the fucks the point. I just became nihilistic about life.

Wasted money,then i suddenly woke up and realized im not living my life to the fulliest nor the smartest.
I didnt want to be THAT guy anymore. In my moment of despair, struggling with the concept of killing myself. A lady(a chinese one) asked out of the blue if i would like to join a group on financial literacy.
I think probably i was lonely, i have no friends here and i used to talk to my father alot.

Anyway, steps are mostly to be disciplined and organized and plan plan plan your days out. it was just to break certain habits, being frugal not needing to buy things, shop smarter. Keep a daily journal so you dont waste time. Invest etc etc. Things i knew already but the group support was crucial i guess.

I know now why alcoholics need group support.
I think about my father sometimes and the pointlessness comes back to haunt me for a couple minutes.

gpa...honestly non...they more want someone who gets shit done and is thorough and isnt lazy. early mornings late nights no bitching.

Veeky Forums only sees two colors. Green and red.

nice

>A lady(a chinese one) asked out of the blue if i would like to join a group on financial literacy.
This is very surprising to me considering how racist the chinese are towards the melanated in particular. For her to do that she must have seen something in you.

difference is the lambo money is in their tax advantaged accounts gaining interest to be passed off to the next generation.

i dont act or dress like a thug i guess.