en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padmasambhava
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantra
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>everything before the first Greco-Persian war

>Anything that's not Western history
>Anything after WWI

>anything before 30,000 BC

Anything after the invention of gun or modern politics

>Everything that's not European or to some extent Asian history (like, who gives a fuck about some literally who savage tribes killing each other?)
>Everything before Ancient Greece
>American """"history""""

Anything american
Anything indian
Anything polynesian
Anything post-1815

>Every American war ever.

Yes, why did they have to be in ww1?

About 80% of military history. Don't get me wrong, I like military history. I just don't have any patience for dumbass military historians saying and focusing on dumb shit.

Migratory periods are very dreary. I don't care about fucking wh*Te savage migratory group number #15412415124123 fucking horses and sacking more civilized peoples

History gets boring the moment guns come into play

Are you me?

19th century Anglo/American anything.

Pretty much the entire modern period is uninteresting to me, except for the 20th Century. I don't know why but as cool as they were, I just can't give a shit about the European empires.

Anything American.

Anything popular and I know this is the same for everyone else here.

US Civil War, Americans jabber on about their minor conflict endlessly as if it was remotely significant to world history

>It's another Indus river valley episode
>It's another pre-columbian north America episode

This

WW2 and the American Civil War are waaaay over done at this point, but at least there's some justification for focusing on WW2.

The ACW is shit tier nonsense, I could not give a rats arse about it. I wish the death toll was higher so that nobody would be left to write down what occurred.

U.S. Civil War.

Do you have to be a dad to find this shit interesting.

>Do you have to be a dad to find this shit interesting.

Is that a question?

Chill out, pops.

This so much.
Everything about post-1871 reeks of indentity politics and feels like it's retarded pop historian who tries to shove his personal and political worldview into history.

If I say yes, will you make an awful fucking pun?

Chill out, pops.

China
>ching went to chong and the ding dong dynasty was founded and its exactly the same as every other dynasty

Every time period and region

Post-WW2 modern world

Maoist china is interesting though

cold war?

Why is American Civil War so fucking boring when compared to other country's civil wars?
>Spanish Civil War
>Russian Civil War
>Chinese Civil War
infinitely more interesting than
>le blue americans vs racist grey americans

Kek.

Dingdingding
pre-19th century East Asian history is incredibly boring to me.

It all feels like dishonest, 2 faced shittery from all sides with every single conflict being multi layered proxy wars

Because not everything was in shambles, we still upheld the Constitution and rule of law

Infinitely better but also infinitely more boring, without much of a crisis. Regardless of the outcome both sides upheld the principals of liberty and even if the south were to conquer fucking miami to maine there'd still be the Constitution or one similarly structured.
>inb4 some fag complains about slavery, you know exactly what I mean by 19th century liberty

>with every single conflict being multi layered proxy wars
You find that uninteresting?

I guess more depressing than uninteresting

Chinese civil war is the only interesting one on that list

I mean, if you find it depressing, why did you say post-ww2, I couldn't think of a more depressing time in human history than ww2

>everything before Ancient Greece
>being this pleb

Almost anything after the long 19th century. Every historical episode after this becomes too entrenched in modern politics and politics are boring to me. I can enjoy reading about stuff like the iranian revolution, the congo war or the khmer rouge but that's because the cultures there are so alien that it doesn't matter anymore that the modern politics are there, they become as alien as medieval feudalism.

The sum total of history:

Brief glance at ancient world outside Hellas and China

Intense study of any and all primary source material from ancient Hellas and China.

Dark ages from 2nd c. CE until rise of British Empire.

Chinese incline and EU birth and failure, late 20th through 21st c. CE.

That is all there is.

The world died when ww1 started

>I couldn't think of a more depressing time in human history than ww2
try ww1
Nazis and Japanese were clearly the bad guys and I'm glad they got fucking destroyed
It's a shame that USA and UK didn't stop the Soviet Union too while they had the chance and save Eastern Europe from 50 years of slavery under a repressive commie regime

Only correct answer itt

Warring States Japan
American Civil War
Any of the 20th century rights movements
WW2 and WW1 Europe
The Nazis in general
The Roman Empire
Islamic North Africa
Anti Vietnam War movement
Ancien Regime France

You are all plebs, absolute plebs.

Only Australian history is truly awful.

>not New Zeeland
Ok brainlet

SEETHING

worked

Add sub-saharan Africa to that list and I'd sign it

>but look! people prefer their ceramics in a different shade!
truly a civilisation to pique one's historical interest

Roman history
WW2
Late medieval Europe

>Europe after the middle ages
>The Americas after the cold War ended
>The continent of Africa

>Roman history

I know that war always happened but in my book its in the 1800 when i start to getting tired because of post-industrial revolution wars and military, Mexico incapacity of controlling the territory and the African robbery from Europeans.

>Anything indian
>It's another Indus river valley episode
Why do you find my history boring out of curiosity?

American history
WW2
Royal bullshit

Ancient Egypt and most of the Bronze Age. Public school would not shut the fuck up about it and I was taught about it all 4 years of highschool.

Bump for answer

Pretty much this. It's interesting every now and again to look at the differences in people's day-to-day back to about the end of WW2, and it makes me feel some sort of way (not quite solemnity, but something like it) to even try to comprehend the scale of suffering, pain, and misery those years put on the whole world, but it's all so bleak. The early modern world had its own share of suffering, but there's also a kind of optimism that seemingly died sometime over the course of the world wars, and stayed dead because of the cold war.

European Middle Ages. If it isn't pre fall of Rome or after the Age of Discovery it's fucking shit. WW2 is where shit gets boring again.

>minor conflict
>killed 2% of the U.S. population (700,000 people)
>Europe almost got involved because cotton
>minor conflict

what even

>anything before Roman Empire
>Roman Empire before crysis of the third century
>Anglo-Saxons, Celts and pre-migratory Germanics
>Church
>medieval histories of France, England and HRE
>anything after second half of sixteenth century and before Napoleon
>history of Africa
>history of Asia
>colonial history
>history after Napoleon
>WW1
>interwar period
>WW2
>Cold war
>so called "modern history"

>Anything in India, Pakistan or Central Asia
>The Holy Roman Empire
>Chinese history before the 1800s

“”””””””American history”””””

>Medieval Europe before and after plague

>Nazis and Japanese were clearly the bad guys
WEW LAD

The only real interesting thing about it was supposedly European leaders sent generals to America to watch/study battles because they thought it was the way future wars would be fought.

I agree about the region.
As for time period I prefer new history so for me it's
getting good starting with 1492. The later the better (except for the most recent decades of course).

Oh boy, you should have a drink with this guy

New Zealand at least had the land wars where the Maori chiefs and British engaged in gorilliea and proto-trench warfare.

>Gilded Age history

Why is there nothing more odious?

anything related to white people

>Anything after WWI
Cold War era is the best period of history (to learn about).

The Gilded age gave us American Folk Music, The first time America had it's own identity, and was a real life cyberpunk dystopia. It's the most interesting part of American history

1783 C.E onwards just bores the shit out of me.

Anything in China before 1918

Anything mesoamerican, south american or Caribbean that is pre-1800s and post 160
Mongolia except under Genghis Khan
Pre-British India
Inuits
Anything Korea
Medieval
Renaissance (baroque was great though)
Ancient Greece
Most of Roman history

I meant post 1960

outside of the empire period(1860s-1945) and the sengoku period, the vast bulk of japanese history is just unbelievably boring as shit

its own identity*

I like the political aspects of military history but I always doze off when the writer goes on about how specific battles were fought.

Because of modern school systems. The Civil War and the Industrial Revolution were drilled into our heads over and over to the point where we became jaded of them. In fact both of those time periods are actually quite facinating because they shaped how we live and, for Americans, how we interact with one another (especially for me because I am a Mississippian).

History of English North American colonies.

Where my /contemporary/ niggas at?

Anything pre-19th Century can get fucked Tbh

majorfaggot detected

>American History
Even as an American i can't stand it hearing about boring irrelevant politics and the Civil War.

>Pre Islamic Indian History
Before the Muslim incursions into India I can't find any interesting thing about the region honestly. It's just a bunch of obscure petty states feuding.

>Chinese History pre Qing dynasty
I don't really find a bunch of impossibe to remember their name court eunuchs and boring irrelevant emperors.

>Anything British
I don't really find English culture interesting to begin with, and I especially don't find their boring island politics interesting.

Not him but it's hard to really find anything interesting about the history of India for me because it seems so inconsequential and focused specifically on one region until the colonial era.
It's hard for me specifically to be drawn to a region of the world where rulers were more focused on stabilizing their kingdoms and cementing their authority than projecting their power like the empires of Europe and the Near East did. I honestly feel the same way about Chinese history for the most part for the same reasons. I've also never found Indian culture particularly more interesting than like, Iranian culture for example nor have I found Hinduism any more interesting than Pre Islamic Middle Eastern faiths.

If you could recommend any specific points in Indian history you find enthralling I'm open for suggestions though.

American Civil War
Pike & Shot
Napoleon

>middle ages between fall of Rome and the first crusade
>early 19th century america
>Japanese history excluding the Meiji restoration
>African history that isn't Egyptian
>colonies in America in the late 17th and early 18th century
>south American history excluding big three precolombian civilizations
>early human history (oh, look oogwog took a shit in the woods, so fascinating)

>to be drawn to a region of the world where rulers were more focused on stabilizing their kingdoms
That rarely ever happened. The Mughal Empire was the most stable one in almost a millennia.

>If you could recommend any specific points in Indian history you find enthralling I'm open for suggestions though.
Sure. The Wiki's about these are garbage but you should be able to find pdfs about these online. Here's just a few things you might find interesting:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurya_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashoka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gupta_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijayanagara_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratha_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pala_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashtrakuta_dynasty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Harsha
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurjara-Pratihara
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

The en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_dynasty was responsible for the spread of Hinduism throughout SEA. Fun fact, the Thugee cult, was a cabal of religiously motivated murderers from India who worshiped a personification of death,and whose symbol was a black hand this would later (allegedly) inspire the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim.

I think you should start with the Mauryans and read Greek accounts on it. They're the very beginning of it all. After that the Guptas.

>like the empires of Europe and the Near East did.
Understandable. Like China, it was usually foreigners coming to us than vice-versa. But China unification and its war with the nomads surrounding it are quite interesting.

If you're from Europe then you'd probably find the part between the fall of the Guptas and the coming of Islam the most interesting since it resembles Medieval Europe the most with stuff ranging from massive 'crusades' to baby eating cults.

>medieval france, germany and england
>ancient egypt
>american revolution

Also I don't blame you for not being interested. It's normal for most people on Veeky Forums to not be obsessed with nit and gritty of other cultures.
I was just surprised that people couldn't find anything interesting in the wide amount of diversity and history we have. Hinduism has a lot of branches and Buddhism even more so:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padmasambhava
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantra

>teach a princess some tantric 'rituals'
>her dad gets mad and tries to kill you
>run off to Tibet and have your own harem where you practise these 'rituals' regularly

Dingdingding played a great importance in the cultural structure to come in China you filthy illiterate.

American civil war
Pre-imperial Japan
Oceania

>Western european medieval History
>19th century USA
>Chinese History 1300-1900
> Sub-Saharan Africa
> South America past 1550