Veeky Forums I demand you, give me ALL the information on Kim Il-Sung's North Korea you can. Books, statistics...

Veeky Forums I demand you, give me ALL the information on Kim Il-Sung's North Korea you can. Books, statistics, whatever.
I've become very interested in it lately but unfortunately the place is so isolated the only information that consists of it are like mythical unicorns.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yTutJN0e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick is a great start. It features a ton of interviews of defectors

This for sure. Learned about how people would wait for someone to die so they could eat them. I remember the one defector saying they ate grass and water soup daily and they ran out of grass to pick after a while.

>defectors
Not even a Kim apologist, but defectors are known to embelish their stories in order to smear the regime/ get famous for money/ etc.

Check out dprk 360 on YouTube

It was better than south Korea until the 80s or so. I'd recommend going to naenara.com.kp > politics >leaders >Kim Il Sung where you can read the official north Korean information about his life, include anecdotes about interactions with farmers, workers and soldiers, his official role in the Fatherland Liberation War, photographs, awards, etc. There are more links in other sections of the site. All serious North Korea aficionados monitor this site religiously.

This

>oy vey kim Jong Il personally punched me in the gut to force me to throw up so that the food could be fed to the soldiers! We ate nothing but dirt every day!

Photos were always taken with him facing in one direction because on the back of his neck he had a calcium deposit the size of a baseball.

>It was better than south Korea until the 80s or so.

60s/70s SK is a pretty low threshold to clear

Why South Korea was so shit in the 60s 70s?

Wow I thought you were joking

The Cleanest Race by B.R. Myers

>defectors
Ahahahahahahahah South Korean propaganda is not a credible source. Both Koreas are literally trashy lying fucks.

Because it wasn't communist :^)

What the fuck

Why are you nationalists so infatuated with the success of the countries you deem inferior?

I am Korean you subhuman

>Korean
>calling someone else a subhuman
This is a mongolian shadow puppet appreciation board we're all subhumans by virtue of being here

The Norks got most of the pre WW2 Japanese industrial development. And the Soviets gave them a ton of money and oil.
The South only became okayish after the Japanese began dumping money into their economy during the 1980s...I mean after they democratised.

Couldn't he just grow a mullet?

Fun fact: when Kim Il Sung arrived in Seoul back during September 1945, he spoke little Korean and could not read hangul or hanji. A Chinese Korean translator had to personally guide him through the pronuciations of the korean words. That is why for the first few years (1945-1948), Kim Il Sung had relatively few speeches and they were all short.
He was fluent in Mandarin and traditional Chinese though.

>Japanese

US government*

>US government*
???

The US aid and FDI provided to SK from 1947-1991 accounted for 14% of its average GDP over that period.

The main driver was Japanese money, formally earmarked as reparations for the colonization of Korea. Mostly arranged under intense pressure of Japanese industrialists who saw South Korea as an excellent opportunity to export their own technological and industrial expertise.

One might consider it one of the biggest mistakes in modern Japanese history, as it gave the South Korean economy the spark it needed to overtake the Japanese in many strategic areas.

Not saying American money wasn't important, but that became rather unstable from Kennedy onwards as the US began to demand that South Korea adopt more human rights friendly policies. This was less of an issue under Republican presidents though.

>from 1947-1991
Which for most of which, the South was poorer than the North.

>Spent it's first forty-two years as a brutal military dictatorship

It actually spent several months in 1960-61 as a parlaimentary democracy, this infographic is fake news

Lel okay Kimmy.

wtf i love north korea now

this OP
pastebin.com/yTutJN0e

There were certainly cases of cannibalism-- NK government itself has records of the trials of a couple in the famine who ate their baby.

Did they use the dingo defence as well?

whats that?

even the juden manipulating us?

Read pick related a few days ago and really enjoyed it. I'm reading his follow-up "The Juche Myth" right now and its pretty great as well.

Or have it surgically removed

[Citation needed]

US aid and FDI and military protection was far greater than Japan's neocolonization.

the impossible state by Victor Cha is pretty good...he is one of the united states leading experts on North Korea.

wasn't he in russia/siberia being trained by the soviets?