What does Veeky Forums think of the British Museum?

What does Veeky Forums think of the British Museum?

Fucking ace, man.

neato

It's fantastic, I highly recommend visiting it if you're ever in London.

Favorite department?

Symbol of European imperialism.

give it back, nigel.

I'm not sure why but the Anglo Saxon stuff really made an impression on me. I think it was the moment I switched my view of the middle ages, seeing these intricate and beautiful gold hilts and jewel encrusted brooches and what not.

boo hoo
deal with it

Egypt. It's always going to be the mummies.

Absolutely fantastic, it does strike you that most of the stuff in it is looted from round the world, but to be honest I don't have a problem with that.

Come and take it, and pay your fucking debts whilst you're at it

It was founded with the intention of educating the British people about the cultures and civilisations of the world - a fantastic idea that's wasted on most Britons (and I am one)

What I will say is that I think it can be detrimental too, however. Whenever an important find is made at a British archaeological site, it ends up in a back room at the British Museum and rarely (if ever) makes it to display

It's a collection of looted treasures from the lands Britain subjugated.

If you take it over, it's yours to take

Can't really educate the masses both rich and poor if they just don't get what's being on display. People couldn't care less what some subjugated folk across the world made with bronze.

Stolen goods. Might as well say, they're black.

Thus the british legalized theft of properties.

Its huge. Would need a week to fully appreciate it all. I spent 4 hours there when i was in london and barely scratched the surface. Got through the near east and egyptian sections and a japanese exhibit

They fail to inform visitors that most exhibits were created by black people.

I've been twice, both time I couldn't wait to get out. So many people packed in together, it was like Hell.

>being so beta that having other people around distracts you from the Elgin marbles or the Balawah Gates
Absolutely pleb

The Assyrian department.

It is just fascinating to see how the assyrians demonstrated their power and domination through art.

>Museum
How do I best appreciate those? It's not like I can view (and read) everything in the depot.

Even viewing everything on display with some level of care seems to take quite some time.