Any fans of alternate history here?

What is your favorite AH timeline? Mine's Monarchy World by Tony Jones

Other urls found in this thread:

clockworksky.net/monarchy_world/ah_mw_top.html
4taba.net/ho/225/l50
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Greater_Austria)
alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/twilight-of-the-red-tsar.371831/
youtube.com/watch?v=MJdz3i44dIc
youtu.be/CpvAdeAv8KI
alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=alternate_history:bland_united_india
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_charming
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>thirteen colonies

Jump off a fucking cliff whilst stabbing yourself in the dick

The one where Hitler wins.

>China
>Powerful colonial empire
In to the trash.

My favourite alternative history is based on the religious and cultural differences certain events could create not playing EU4 and painting maps.

W-why is Europe balkanized?

Alt history is retarded if you don't provide a backstory, this map tells me nothing. Too much interpretation to be fun

Google it man.
clockworksky.net/monarchy_world/ah_mw_top.html

No fuck you, I shouldn't have to do my own research if you want people to be interested in your shitty thread

The one where Veeky Forums is moderated

I'm not even OP.
>googling up a name is "research"

Eh, I don't like alt-hist that is TOO fantastical.

Basically the backstory is that China became more westernized in the early 1700's, and this caused a different Seven Years' War. A successful Albany Congress prevented the American Revolution, and France Balkanized in 1798. Now, the world is controlled by Britain, China, and Russia in a careful nuclear balance of power.

I've only really read Harry Turtledove as far as alternate history goes, but I thought his whole Great War arc was pretty good.

>huge paintbucket map-fill in empires
unironically off yourself

I didn't make this

>realistic alternate history timelines.
I wish such thing existed.

I mean, i've seen some pretty realistic ones. One of my personal faves is Decades of Darkness, where the New England states seceded from the Union in 1811 and became independent with support from the British. This was actually very close to happening and only was averted when Jefferson repealed the Embargo Act. it's probably one of the most realistic one out there imo

Alternative history must be an instaban. The only history in it is the second word in it's autistic name.
Go play EU4 you literal aspie, how dare you come to my board and post this stupid nonsense. If I want shitpost and bullshit theorizing i'll go to /x/ or Veeky Forums. But this a history board, a board of facts and documentation, not fucking "what ifs" or "shoulds". Because that's not history, you baboon. Literal monkey, go back to althistory wiki, you autistic faggot.
Crawl to your lonelyness in whatever Paradox shit game you're playing right now and shove that map up your ass. You're worse than the wewuzers, because you admit that you're fucking asperger fart loving cuckold foot fetish trap faggot.
If I ever have to cross myself to your putrid spirit, post or pestilence, I promise that I will search for you and deport you to your asylum so you can get buttfucked by retards and crazy lobotomized assholes.
Good day

>liking huge paintbucket map-fill in empires
unironically off yourself

>What Madness Is This?

Ooh, an alt-history thread.

>What is your favorite AH timeline?

Drowned Baby Timeline.

>broken france
>brits own everything
>thirteen colonies
>independent quebec
>chinese colonization
Fuck off

Why does everybody use this stupid compromise projection?

Stick to either equal-area or conformal. Compromise projections are stupid.

>über germany XDDDDDDDD
>france owns everything
Fuck
Off

The big picture stuff in this series is pretty alright but god damn does turtledove love to repeat himself. By the time i finished I'd read the words "zinc oxide" enough times to last me a lifetime.

But user, it's [spoiler]fun[/spoiler]

t. butt flustered anglo

>Fuck
>Off
That's fairly reasonable assuming a Napoleonic victory.

>Wanting to kill one of the greatest leader of human history

I don't care if the Confederates winning the American Civil War, Germany winning WW1, Hitler dying in the Beer Hall Putsch, Prussia rebelling against Nazi rule, Johann Elser going full Tim McVeigh, July 20 Plot successfully overthrowing Hitler, or the Gestapo ignoring a tipoff that ration card counterfeiting is occurring in an Amsterdam jam factory. Any timeline where pregnant Anne Frank is real is a good one.

I like alternate history but I hate the alternate history community. Everything is written off as impossible because of muh "ASB" and the butterfly effect is taken too far. They also obsess over muh "POD" because they're too autistic to imagine a different world without having some overly contrived backstory. The majority of alternate history discussions I see go nowhere because of the aforementioned autism. Also I hate the overused, completely unnecessary acronyms. Oh and AlternateHistoryHub is absolute shit.

>t. brainlet

How so?

The one where Frederick III doesn't smoke.

Whoops, I didn't think there was an alt-his map thread

Rate my WIP exxagerated-scope map

Here's a link to a small imageboard where I've written down some basics of my Alt-history. I'm thinking of revising it soon. pls rate
4taba.net/ho/225/l50

Moving discussion of the map to this thread

The Chin Empire rises. Very funny.
What about mine, between your posts?

Because if you don't have at least a working model of how things would go from a point of divergence (because that's how causality works) onward, all questions and all answers become equally meaningful.

It's like if you said "If the Confederates won the Civil War, would they support the Nazis?" I suppose we could answer this question from the perspective of the Confederate government in 1864, but even then you run into the problem of changes between the two times and cultures.

If we wanted to answer it meaningfully, we would have to establish exactly how Confederate politics and culture are likely to go, and whether or not Nazism is even likely to exist. Otherwise, all questions become inane and meaningless.

This is the first sentence of your ocalthis:
>Here's North America. The US succeeds in 1812, and releases Quebec as an ally

The USA is bordergory at places, the change of names the north and south were funny, internalkek/10

Geopolitical evolution is pretty logical, fine map in terms of borders, I thought Georgia was missing 1 pixel from a distance

True, and that's all very well if you're writing an in depth alternate history timeline or basing your question off a very specific change to the course of the Civil War that allowed the South to win. Sometimes though, I don't think such detail is necessary. Often I see fairly broad questions being asked on alternate history forums and the question never gets answered because everyone is so caught up on getting a "perfect" or "realistic" POD. For example, with the question you used, I think for many people it would be sufficient to just pretend that the South won a significant battle that in reality they lost, and this had flow-on effects that allowed them to win. I don't think the POD always has to go down to an individual-specific levels where X married Y instead of Z or X died at the age of 11 from a fever or whatever.

Is that bad?
I thought Yankeedom had great borders. The Ohio and Mississippi rivers make up most of them. The only issue I see is that Quebec still has land on the southern side of the St. Lawrence, but that's realistic.
Thanks for the rest.

>Franz Ferdinand doesn't get killed, but becomes ruler
>A-H is now the USGA (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Greater_Austria)
>the Russian subjugated states are independent
>Belgium is split up between France and the Netherlands

My only issue with this map is that Bulgaria is too large, Belarus, Ukraine and the Caucasus should arguably be Russian, and that the British might be pissed off at Ireland. All minorities in the empires (Poles in the German, Kurds etc in the Ottoman, Germans in the Russian) get autonomy but still pay taxes to the respective state.

Don't know how this timeline could emerge, though, probably only with a Central Powers victory against Russia and Britain, with France remaining neutral.

One of my favourite timelines is this one:
alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/twilight-of-the-red-tsar.371831/
The point of divergence is Stalin surviving stroke, living on for a number of years but going pretty mental. Includes the second holocaust, a war with Mao's China and a very nervous Tito.
>pic unrelated

This.
Another problem is AH.com is filled with Anglos and Angloboos.

KR is unarguably the best alt-history work.

The opposite is the kind of stuff you see in threads on here (which usually gets shut down rather quickly in the actual althis communities).
>what side would the Byzantines fight for in WW2?
>one millionth Axis wank
>let me fill in this template from /int/ with my perfect vision of the world

Okay, are there any posts in this thread you don't hate? Which ones?

>open link
>scroll through quickly
>see:
>>for the Zionists are clever and ruthlessly deceptive.” The message of the speech was clear: Stalin's war on the Jews had begun.
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=MJdz3i44dIc

Fuck off you retarded piece of reddit shit

Germany would have definitely annexed Zambia and Namibia, giving that to South Africa and Portugal seems a bit odd.

>I like alternate history but I hate the alternate history community. Everything is written off as impossible

Back in the day, I was a regular on Usenet’s soc.history.what-if newsgroup (which is still reasonably active) and I would complain on occasion about the same thing; too many people immediately looking for ways that an alternate timeline wasn’t possible and not enough people having some fun trying to make it work.

Still, the strict adherence to historical accuracy (and a single point-of-departure) is what made it interesting, because it’s just lazy writing to toss in alien space bats and have Roman legions battling Nazis or some such.

The excellent Drowned Baby Timeline I mentioned above was posted serially on s.h.w-i with lots of commentary from contributors and is a great read with some LOL moments (such as Marilyn Monroe as an OSS agent) while remaining historically logical because it towed the line.

>le /pol/ fayce

I think I can post the map this thread without being identified as spam

I think you're overestimating the amount of autism that goes into the *average* POD. The only reason a POD like the one you suggested probably wouldn't be accepted is because it's generally believed that the fall of the CSA would be very difficult to avoid, even if they won say, Gettysburg.

South Africa already held Namibia.

But one of Germany's earliest demands was the restoration of former imperial colonies such as South West Africa.
In case of an Axis victory the Nazis would have certainly forced South Africa to return Namibia.

>the entire world being Catholic
My anglo genes are enraged and disgusted

Lol romanian one's a tic tac toe

More like a #

why not use the historical ones for germany and france?

>no Turkish flag or Bosnian flag

Perhaps even more relevant

>in nearly every alternate universe india is never independent
Very mean.

>tfw no Adolfivir Hitlervich to lead a NatSoc revolution in Rußland

Fatherland

youtu.be/CpvAdeAv8KI

This tbqh famalam

Why would a fascist Britain abide an independent fascist Ireland?

India gets shit treatment in general
alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=alternate_history:bland_united_india

I'm a little annoyed but i can't blame them. We're very weak at exporting our culture so the only thing people know about us is curry,BJj and that snake flute thing.

>tfw living in the non-NorthAmericanUnion timeline

Pain

will what if posters ever recover?

My favorite timeline is the one that doesn't result in me being born.

Except for netherlands,Bulgaria, amd french bordet it looks almost exactly like kaiserreich

It's another wehraboo alt-history map
>Germany/Japan staging a successful invasion of the USA let alone the British Isles

Not so much alternate history, but I like to imagine what America would look like if it acted upon all of its proposed territorial expansions and refused to give any up.

I try to always balkanize India (the current division is silly and boring) but almost always have it partially or totally independent.

Most people think that the snake flute thing is arab/muslim

>tfw no American-Africa

except for the second american civil war, that is honestly just dumb and added so that in the game America has something to do

Cool. IMO I think at best there should be atleast three separate states for North India, Central India and the Deccan.

It's an ancient Egyptian thing:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_charming
But I see it a lot for us in foreign media as well.

You mean a program to protect and spread democratic ideals to the continent so that the imperialistic monarchs do not exploit the poor afircan people

The Americans bought North Borneo at one point, just didn't keep it

I try to have much more than that. Once I tried to have a smaller modern India based around an evolution of the "confederated" states of the Maratha Empire. But the research to propeerly do it proved too exhausting for me considering my small knowledge.

I prefer the version where Russia is NEVER fascist.

What do you guys do/would do with North Asia in timelines where Rusia is weak or barely exists as an empire? Central Asia is easy to fill with khanates that existed historically but the rest is basically Africa tier.

>luxembourg, bosnia, macedonia, and moldova aren't european
>syria and iran are

It does make sense since America got an economic boon by stealing German copyrights and Germany was their main economic competitor in the Western Hemisphere.

Sorry if image comes up too large for your screen. Also the shitty app I used to make this kept crashing when I tried to insert an SVG of the Tsar's coat of arms so I had to resort to using a similar looking one (it's House of Doria).

The idea behind this one is the USSR and the fascist (federalized) EU are locked in a perpetual state of war and some conservative movement in the USSR wants to reform Tsarist Russia. This is the flag.

if europe converted to islam instead of christianity.

>no luxembourg, bosnia, macedonia, moldavia and turkey
>but syria and iran

Haha, can just imagine Europe converting to Islam instead of Christianity and the middle east became Christian as Europe is in real life. Then ISEA (Islamic State of Europe and Asia) rews up shit in their capital Sarajevo and thousands of white muslims get paid to emigrate to the middle east and there they live like they fancy while their Arab government jerks them off.

Beautiful.