Why are walls in South American Countries often painted bright colors?

Why are walls in South American Countries often painted bright colors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WsscaEd3TlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Salvador
>South America
American education, ladies and gentlemen

Spanish fieriness and zest

Are you confusing Salvador, Brazil with the country of El Salvador?

>European education

The picture literally has a Brazilian flag in it.

Brazil is not all of South America, you know?

Animals are attracted to bright colors. Hence this. Hence Africans love of color. Hence gays' love of color.

True Aryans prefer muted or no color.

Guess that Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay are aryan since there's no such aesthetics there

Yes. This is correct. I am from Argentina and am White as are most neighbors. More than in America!

t. negroide de la pampa

They aren't you fucking retard.
This is Buenos Aires, Argentina, famous for its late 19th Century French Belle Epoque architecture reminiscent of Paris, with traditional buildings using mostly pastel and beige tones throughout the city.

South America is not a single country.

The Jacarandá trees make up for the lack of colour.

This picture is also in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I sure do like the French Architecture, though they must of left the paint job to the locals.

Yes that is one single street called Caminito that is painted that way for dumb burger retards like you because that's what you expect to see in South America.

Most of the buildings look like what I posted.

uh huh.
>colonial architecture makes me white

>implying American tourists only reason for visiting South America isn't cheap whores

>I've been BTFO, instead of learning something interesting from it I'd rather keep shitposting
19th Century French Belle Epoque is not colonial architecture, retard.

Have some colorful New Orleans, USA, we all can cherrypick.

Yeah that's why y'all go to Brazil for your trap fetish then think all of South America looks like that and start these retarded threads here.

Salvador houses were originally white as other houses from colonial times, they were painted recently to portray a quirky happy city in spite of a brutal slavery place. Tourists love that too.

Don't why you're so mad that Latin American countries have colorful buildings.

>buenos aires is european guise
Lmao, most of Buenos Aires looks like shit. And don't even get me started with the conurbano, it's literally africa-tier in there.

t. self-hating argie

No tenemos edificios coloridos.
No bailamos salsa.
No comemos tacos.
Punto.

Si queres seguir esparciendo estereotipos alla vos, los tipos estos piensan que vivimos todos en calles de tierra escuchando marachis y cogiendo burros.

CHI

> los tipos estos piensan que vivimos todos en calles de tierra escuchando marachis y cogiendo burros.
Provincian people are pretty much like this.

Do you even conurbano?

>Start speaking spanish out of blue in an english-speaking thread like a mexinigger
>That sense of inferioty mixed with delusions of grandeur
>Desperatly trying to display a positive light to please americans and europeans

This is how a third-world mentality looks like, ladies and gentlemen.

go make me some enchiladas, turd world jose

Estoy hablando sobre mi cultura, no me interesa "reflejar positivamente" nada. Solamente me interesa que no confundan mi cultura.

Si me interesara complacer no hablaría en español. El que se avergüenza de su idioma es el tercermundista.

No estoy seguro porque este tanto enojado

No hay nada objetable en esto hilo.

Suspecho que este es la obra de un homosexual

Google translate is shit.
I'm not upset, btw, just made an attempt to educate you, clearly I am in the wrong place to discuss things seriously.

Gonna stick to shitposting, posting Bugs and Pregnant Anne Frank in the future, seems that's all people do here.

Salvador is a place in Brazil.

It means 'savior'.

El Salvador, the country, means 'the savior'.

That isn't google translate, that's three hard years of university level Spanish classes.

Languages are hard.

>Si me interesara complacer no hablaría en español. El que se avergüenza de su idioma es el tercermundista.
I'm writing in english out of courtesy, since it's the language most posters/lurkers here can understand, cabeza de termo.

do you deny fucking donkeys is part of south american culture?

Congratulations, Jimbo. You passed spanish for dummies

Tijuana is in north america though

yeah we need more mexicans like you and less uppity spics

now go mow my lawn paco

Argentinians being ashamed of being Latin Americans and thinking themselves European was cute a century ago. Now that they’re piss poor it’s just cringe inducing.

Is anyone going to answer my question
I don't think cuts it

There's no such a thing as "south american culture" , Jamal. Stop watching Hollywood movies

Also it's Culombia where they fuck donkeys

Tradition from colonial times. Mediterranean cities do it too.

CA

I've never even heard Spanish except in the movies. I'm not even American.

It's called learning grammar. You can learn it in English through a proper education, or learn it through a formally taught second language.

Both require the sort of education actual hicks like yourself will never gt.

So the tourists aren't offended.
youtu.be/WsscaEd3TlE

>why are walls OFTEN painted...
>nnnuuh not us can’t you see we’re not mestizo we’re white s-s-stupid gringo

I always heard that the intense sunlight in tropical regions makes white buildings blinding, but the pastels are easier to look upon.

I guess it's a sort of unashamed anti-brutalism. You already live in a craphole, might as well give a little bit of color to it, (mainly) so you can differentiate your house from your neighbor's.
Compare an eastern european guy with a south american and it all makes sense.

This is the thing. If you are european you should go back to europe.

>Brazilian monkeys actually offended in the comments
Funniest part of that video.

>Brazilian flag
EUROPEANS BTFO

>/int/, no
>/trv/, no
>/bant/, no
>History & Humanities lmao yass

O B S E S S E D

Can't tell if retarded Euroshit or excellent bait.

I don't know my man, Eastern Europe is pretty comfy. I'm from Slovakia and I love our small towns and villages. I'd been in Prague twice and once in Budapest, the tourists, foreigners rampant capitalism in the form of advertisements everywhere just ruin the city. I imagine huge metropolises in the west are twice as bad.
Gotta love a comfy Slovak town of 15K inhabitants on a Sunday afternoon. Certainly doesn't look like a favela.

Iktf, I hate commie blocks though

t.slovenian
t.t.pivo prosim

>could post literally anything from Slovakia
>posts commieblocks

I posted the street I live on lol just to show that even commie blocks ain't all that bad

Nice church

/int/ pls go

Favelas are a meme, only 5% of Brazil's population lives in favelas according to the census. In the richer SA countries it's even less or there are no favelas at all

There are also gypsie favelas in Europe, pic related is in Paris.

Meanwhile this is a typical town in South Brazil

The general term is slum and yes the do exist in all South American countries and there are probably some or places that are approaching slum like conditions in the US as well like the tent cities.

>only 5% of Brazil's population lives in favelas according to the census
>blindly believing in statistics
>because every single poor person living in a favela is documented

good goy

They are documented, it's called a census. It's just that Brazil has 200 million people, 5% of 200 is still a lot of people. (10 million)

But your average Brazilian does not live in a favela

>piss poor
It's not

I'm a BR btw

>Brazil
>not South America

Euro education, folks

The acute radiosity factor on a brightly painted surface lowers the apparent temperature of the surface.

If you had a black surface, we see it as black because it absorbs the light.

At the point of the wall
Etot = Qconv + Qcond + Qrad

The convection and radiation factor are the effectors of apparent surface temperature.

The conduction should balance out the other two factors as the energy entering your building.

Ergo, the REFLECTIVITY of a surface can change the heating of your house by (1/5)[HP/m^3]

Me on the right

United statian*

argentina
>larping as european.

see I like this kind of architecture yet I find this sort of prentious at the same time.

though I guess it's been harder to have unique architecture since the 19th century (due to globalization-trends and materials.

colorful buildings seem less likely to look like shit.

as in the bright-colors or patterns might distract from rust-stains or dark-spots where the plaster/paint needs reworking.

it also provides somewhat of an aesthetic or emotion different from elsewhere.

United Station*
United States of Americans**