Barring the brief Macedonian Empire...

Barring the brief Macedonian Empire, Romans and Conquistadors; European history in general isn't very interesting until the 1700's. Central Asia + MENA is much more interesting.

Forgot
>Controversial Veeky Forums opinions

bump

The mongol invasion of Khwarezm should've never happened.
I fucken hate shah mohammed and that governor.

The Middle Ages are my favorite period.

Honestly, my interest in MENA does a nose dive with the rise of Islam, since it's an aesthetic black hole in my opinion. It's a shame, because I love Persia, Assyria, and the near east in general

Why? does the modern political situation throw you off?
Personally, I find most of the history of the west/central Asia region to be very interesting.

It's just boring to me. Little aesthetic value

Military history is for plebs and brainlets.

Well, I think it just comes down to personal preference then.

Because it's pretty much the death of all the interesting and unique pre-classical cultures in the region and the rise of a homogenous blob of Arabs who only differ in what few aspects of their former culture they managed to hold on to.

Well, I personally like figure art the best of anything, which puts Islam at a big disadvantage. I also just don't think it offers an interesting theological interpretation of the world, nor is its literature very interesting.

I also just don't like the color orange, which puts me at odds with Islam, since everything takes place in the desert

I love pre-Islamic Middle East, but Islam just replaced all these awesome unique cultures with an Arabic one, it leaves me feeling bitter and I see it as the absolute final nail in the coffin for classical antiquity (my absolute favourite period in history), so I'm probably unfairly biased towards it.
Ottomans are kind of interesting, but that was way later.

>Mamluks aren't interesting

That is correct

I dunno, man. I just can't get into it like I can the Greeks or Persians.
Although yeah, Mamluks are pretty cool, too.

>EUROPEAN HISTORY ISN'T INTERESTING UNTIL THE 1700'S

AWW SHIT I'M HOOKED.

WHAT IS:
>30 YEAR'S WAR
>DEFENSE OF VIENNA IN 1683
>WAR OF THE ROSES
>TIME OF TROUBLES IN RUSSIA
>THE POLISH LITHUANIAN COMMONWEALTH
>"H" "R" "E"
>ESTABLISHMENT OF COLONIES AND COLONIAL AMERICA
>THE EARLY ENLIGHTENMENT

I CAN GO ON, BUT I GOT BAITED TOO HARD

Booooring

>I personally like figure art the best of anything, which puts Islam at a big disadvantage.
Thats the defining characteristic Islamic culture, being one that is very iconophobic in comparison to the iconophilic European christian culture. I feel like Islamic architecture and the intricate geometric patterns it promoted really gives it its own unique touch.

>I also just don't think it offers an interesting theological interpretation of the world,
Fair enough

>nor is its literature very interesting.
Disagree, Post-Islamic persian literature is GOAT. Legendary medieval poets like Rumi, Hafez, Saadi, Ferdowsi and Rudaki have left a mark so strong that the Persian language has one of the greatest literary traditions in the world. Especially when reading it in the original language you appreciate it more.

Yes
All hazaras should be gassed
British Isles is pretty interesting during that period of nothingness (pre-1700 as you described) but yeah I agree

>Disagree,
>GOAT

Don't talk about Persian literature while destroying English.

When people look back on it in 100-500 years they will see the 20th century as more of a game changer than the 18th and 19th. Muh enlooghtenment and muh indoostrial revoolution don't mean shit when standing on their own, they were driving factors for the shit show that was the 20th century

This is a Mongolian horse trading forum with a history board, don't take formality too seriously :)

>Because it's pretty much the death of all the interesting and unique pre-classical cultures in the region and the rise of a homogenous blob of Arabs who only differ in what few aspects of their former culture they managed to hold on to.

>I love pre-Islamic Middle East, but Islam just replaced all these awesome unique cultures with an Arabic one, it leaves me feeling bitter and I see it as the absolute final nail in the coffin for classical antiquity (my absolute favourite period in history), so I'm probably unfairly biased towards it.
Ottomans are kind of interesting, but that was way later.

Try reading a book.

It's ironic that you say the Ottomans are more interesting while making those other statements since the later Ottomans destroyed more pre-Islamic culture than the Arabs, let alone in Europe.

Even the Coptic language didn't even go extinct until well after the Arabs.

It has nothing to do with formality. Correctness is not formality. And I can tell by your response and that lame "[insert random country] [insert random small industry] board" stuff that you're pretty new.

Just realize the "GOAT" word makes you look like an idiot, yes, on Veeky Forums as well. No matter how many apes here use it.

>being this butthurt
Relax, you autistic cunt, 'GOAT' is just a casual saying, its not incorrect. The fact that your actually focusing on this rather than the actual history I discussed in the post is honestly quite sad.

>autistic

And there you go again.

Yes, it is incorrect to use GOAT like it's not only a normal fucking adjective but as a synonym for great.

You don't get it. This isn't about being pedantic. This is about how you all take any and every chance you get to use some buzzword to fit into the neo-Veeky Forums culture. If you really want to talk about history don't act like a redditor.

What if he said "the GOAT"?

It likely would be better, but it wouldn't change the fact that it's a cancerous buzzword.

The last four digits of your post represent a far superior lingo than redditspeak and newfagspeak.

Also, "I disagree" is what I meant about the other case. Which is similar to your suggestion.

Man.........................
You are way too uptight, getting this riled up by a colloquial abbreviation on a worthless forum like this, then angrily going on about "redditspeak", "newfagspeak" and words that fit into "neo-Veeky Forums culture". Fuck man, go outside.

In this case, the word 'autistic' fit you fine.

If the forum is worthless, why are you here?

It's worthless precisely because of what I'm talking about. If you aren't blind you can see that. I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

>It's worthless precisely because of what I'm talking about.
Nope, it worthless exactly because of uptight posters like yourself, who get hung up on a single abbreviation while ignoring the purpose of the thread and a post's topic of discussion.

>I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way
You are a tense individual with a problem that doesn't deserve any gratification. So find a way to fuck that tight pussy of yours, then maybe you will find some satisfaction.

How does this shit not count under aniconism? They can't draw living things but they can write things that resemble them?

>doesn't even have any kings in the mountain
most of the place is sand and steppe which a wasteland so its to be expected

You already made this thread.