ITT: Misconceptions you used to have about history

I heard this one in an old thread but it's true for me too

>I always assumed when younger that Alexander the Great was in the bronze age or something, not that he was trotting around pretty much right before Rome came into the picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FV-zcaJaf9w
dayoftheweek.org/?m=August&d=6&y=1939&go=Go
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't realize the Homer was around during the Greek Dark Ages instead of being contemporary with Aristotle and Socrates and the like

I was brain washed into thinking Hitler was evil

"Poland wants war with Germany and Germany will not be able to avoid it even if she wants to." (Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly as reported in the Daily Mail, August 6th, 1939)

youtube.com/watch?v=FV-zcaJaf9w

>(Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly as reported in the Daily Mail, August 6th, 1939)

According to Wonder Woman, Socrates came from the heroic age.

dayoftheweek.org/?m=August&d=6&y=1939&go=Go

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

>Daily Mail doesn't start publishing on Sunday until 1982.
>August 6th 1939 was a Sunday
>Stormfags in charge of not being dishonest retards.

I believed the 'Rothschild control all central banks except those of [short list of countries that may vary depending on who espouses this belief]' meme.

I believed Holocaust was real and Holodomor wasn't.

>blowing him out of the water this hard
we need more autists like you, user.

I like you

At least you still have double standards for evidence, user.

when i was in elementary school i used to think ninjas were from japan and samurai were from china because it didn't seem right for one place to have both

>I used to think the Bay of Pigs invasion involved Pigs

This. Also "who would win" was a common discussion point. I remember being in favor of ninjas.

I thought that Carthage was somewhere around Turkey and that Hannibal was a stupid general for trying to cross the alps with elephants.

The paper Mail on Sunday was launched on 1982 to complement the Daily Mail.
Not that I believe the quote to be real or trying to switch the burden of proof, but do you guys happen to have a source that indicates the Daily Mail wasn't published on Sundays?

It did
Whitto Piggu invaded and got rekt

I used to believe blacks contributed nothing to society and that whites were and are civilized peoples who bring wealth, prosperity and good genetics to the world.

I used to believe prussia was just the shorthand for polish russia.

I thought USSR is a good place to live in
t.millenial

For some reason when I was younger I assumed it was Louis XIV who sold the Louisiana Purchase to the US

I used to believe there were good people and evil people. Now I know there are rich and the poor.

>There's a country in Africa called Nambia

Out there in the Westernmost part of the United States, there are cowboys who fight indians and there first mean of going around is by horseback, stage coach or steam locomotive. It's far from civilization so the bandits raids are common, but when caught they have to wear black and yellow striped clothes, pull around a big metal ball and break rocks with a hammer all day long.
Just like in my Lucky Luke albums.

When i was 5 i flew to visit my aunt in Chicago and remember being extremely disappointed when the cowboy i found explained he didn't do any of this.

Not really any big misconceptions but Just some confusion

>When I was Younger I was obsessed with Millard Fillmore because he was President for 3 years when I knew He should have been for 4. I never Made the Connection that the President before him, Zachery Taylor, died one year into Office

>My Cousins once had an Au pair Babysitter from Argentina and this was pretty much the First when I started to notice skin color on people and this was during the Prime of the conflict in Iraq and for the longest time thought Argentina was in the middle East and my Cousins went to go visit once in your country and I remember thinking wow why are they going to the middle East that is dangerous

>One time talking with dad about the Holocaust and I asked him why aren't there many Jews anymore and he asked me what do I think. I innocently said maybe because they converted afterwards for fear that something like that would Happen again

Why do you Capitalize random Words? Are you Autistic?

>Thinks Chicago is the "Western United States"

Jesus Christ the people who live on the coasts are fucking autists, the Midwest is the only nongay region of the US I swear

Midwest is obesity and wiggers/juggalos.

Thats it.

I live in France. Back then i knew Chicago wasn't western, but it was the first time i went to the US, so i expected to see at least a few cowboys from the west

i thought the kings of england were english

I used to think Rome was this gian monolithic empire that ruled for centuries in an unbroken line of Emperors.

Then i read it was a delightfully corrupt little republic, then it was all just petty stronmen running shit till they were fucked by Germans. Bit disappointing.

He's probably German, ie, yes he is autistic.

>he allegedly says five days after Germany invades them

I have my Phone in German so I have it's autocorrect and IT would Take too mich time to go back and fix everything

I used to think history was good

t. manlet butthurt commie

Around the time I was 8-11 years old, I used to think that:
>Cleopatra was ethnically Egyptian

>The Huns literally conquered and singlehandedly ended the Roman Empire rather than being one of many factors in a long and complex period of Roman decay

>The Jewish/Christian divide was a simple "disagreement" over whether Jesus was the son of God or not

>Turkey had always been Turkey, and also thought the Eastern Roman Empire fell at the same time than the Western. I learned of the Byzantine Empire when I was 11

>The Cold War was named like that because Russia is a very cold country

>Columbus simply wanted to prove the Earth was round. The entire expedition to the Americas was scientific, just to prove a point

>The Berlin Wall was torn down long after the Cold War had ended

>Thought that the Falklands/Malvinas were empty and only penguins lived there

>I was terrified that NATO in Yugoslavia meant WW3 was about to start... I remember staying up all night watching the news

>Byzzies

I used to think that the Byzantine Empire had nothing at all to do with the Roman Empire, and was just another country that came about in the aftermath of Rome's collapse.

>I was terrified that NATO in Yugoslavia meant WW3 was about to start... I remember staying up all night watching the news
Fucking geezer

none because I'm not a retard who doesn't fact check about things he knows nothing about

Rude desu
NATO bombing of Yugoslavia was in 1999... I'm 29

Pretty much the same. Calling them "Byzantines" is just revisionist and misleading as fuck.

I used to think Keynesian economics was sustainable and responsible for the great success of the USA.

lmao how's your hip?

The real question Is Why don't You capitalize random Words?

how's your spinner?

>muh fake stormfag quote

damn, really made me think

Reminder that Wal-Mart is richer than than The rothchilds.

Me too

Except he never said that.

??? He literally said the Mail on Sunday was launched on 1982
Do you think The Daily Mail used to print on Sundays before? Dailies and Sunday papers are two different markets, dailies print from Monday to Saturday.
Lord Northcliffe already owned major Sunday papers, such as The Observer.
I also bothered to check, pic related.