D-Day

I am going to Normandy in a few weeks, to visit the museums tips on where to go to have a look around. Whats worth seeing.

Also I am going with an Irish friend , got any good story's, business story's about Ireland I can pull his leg about ( keeping it politically )

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EyPLDItxGgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not politics.

that's why I added any story's about Ireland, DUP etc..

I waded neck deep into the waters at Omaha and then trudged the beach with my full back and clothes on. I imagined myself being shot at, diving for cover and trying to escape artillery. It was the hardest thing I've ever done and I broke down in tears when I reached the pill boxes. Would recommend.

hmmm that sounds interesting, just doing it with cloths on would by quite an experiences

any news mate?

I was trying to do a two in one thread

>USA 2 beaches
>UK 2 beaches
>leafs 1

why the fuck didnt the french help storm any beaches on D-day?

I just looked up D-Day because of this post. I didn't know the British and Canadians were involved, I thought it was just an American operation. Also didn't know there were 5 landing beaches instead of just Omaha not to mention there were paratroopers other than the 101st.

Suppose everyday is a school day.

Try to LARP as a paratrooper and go from Utah to Carentan

Look up point du hoc, there was more than just the 5 beaches

french were too busy capitulating and being occupied. The coward meme isn't a me, they ran away from the line during ww1 with their belgian butt buddies and we had to spread thin to guard their positions.

t. leaf

After this, drive from Kursk to Berlin in a T34. Hire some locals to crew with you and fire at you.

now that would be a story to tell in the pub

Where do you think you are? Go to Veeky Forums if you want to discuss history, don't pollute this board with such garbage.

Nice blog m8. Would subscribe.

>modern canadian flag

wut

this is Veeky Forums you diseased rhinoceros pizzle

I can only imagine the faces of the locals

The French were first lines in both "English" beaches.

No, this is /why africa is a shit continet/ board with a healthy dollop of /why are nazis so awesome/

They were probably dying of laughter. I know I would.

got a source for that champ? Pretty sure the french went full retard during occupation and didn't do much of anything.

>fat neckbeard thinking he's an extra from Saving Private Ryan
I would laugh too

I think they did do a bit
youtube.com/watch?v=EyPLDItxGgA

>of the 100,000 troops, 7000 decided to fight

lmfao.

You realize desertion or just dereliction of duty at a rate of 93% is not only not unheard of, but common? It's not as easy getting men to enter combat that it is for you to push W when you play video games.

As a canadian, you realize that french people are the bane of our existence? They protested the draft here in canada. In ww1 they got assraped by germans, but when anglo canadians replaced them on the line we were able to hold it.

French got their reputation for a reason, it isn't because everyone is mean. They are cowardly retards who would cut off their own noses to spite anglos.

A race of dog shit.

My gf has a rape fantasy where I fuck her in a bunker/pillbox. Know any good spots?

Of course he does not, how could he? user, hereby present, descends from a line of heroes, ONLY. Heroes that all had time to reproduce, of course, because Hollywood is a history network, and because NAmericans never really fought less than 10 to 1.

Sure mate, the fact that England was invaded twice by France (and not the other way around), proves your point. The other fact that it took 3 different armies to take down Québec and it's never reinforced, smaller army, also proves your point.
I mean, it's not like French Canadians would have a reason for not following Britain's dogo on every war, would they? On top of that, English Canadians are nice to them. Why wouldn't they follow ?

Damn son.

In Europe France was like 5th biggest Allied army. Sixth if we count USSR.

more looks like big bulies in a school yard 10v1

Albania

Wasn't that the sector wherethey literally shot grappling hooks up the cliffs?

>ExtraHistory
How can anyone even stand this nasally voiced whiny sounding cunt?

Maybe because they were fucking busy disembarking 300 000 French soldiers ( + 100 000 allies ) in southern France, retard ? Ever heard of Anvil/Dragoon ?

>In ww1 they got assraped by germans, but when anglo canadians replaced them on the line we were able to hold it.
Is this what they teach in Canada? Interesting.

I imagine only the top 7 mattered while the rest offered some additional moral support.

frogfag here. been there several times. Try to buy a book like pic related.
There are so so many places where to go although you absolutely don't want to miss any of the followings, they all are 'must sees' even if your budget will skyrocket as hell because of the museums fees, you'll see amazing and mind-blowing stuff in there:

from west ('murican sector) to east (briton & canuck sector):

1.The bridge and paratroopers memorial on the river Merderet, between Amfreville and Ste-Mère-Eglise at La Fière (US 82nd airborne Div.)
2.Sainte-Mère-Eglise, US airborne museum, the church
3.German coastal battery at Azeville, you can push coastbound towards the Saint-Marcouf and Crisbecq batteries
4.Utah beach museum and Utah beach Café (get a nice drink in this small piece of History)
5.Dead Man's Corner museum (the real men of Band of Brothers), at the crossroads south of Sainte-Côme-du-Mont (D913/D914)
6.Grancamp-Maisy/ Pointe du Hoc, musée des Rangers (Rangers Museum), the monument, the battlefield
7.German cemetery at La Cambe
8.American cemetey at Colleville-sur-Mer
9.'Omaha' museum at Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
10.'D-Day Omaha' museum at Vierville-sur-Mer
11.Port-en-Bessin
12.Underwater shipwrecks museum (musée des épaves sous-marines), at route de Bayeux 14520 Commes-Port-en-Bessin
13.Museum of the battle of Normandy at Bayeux, britsih cemetry accross the boulevard where the museum is
14.german coastal battery at Longues-sur-Mer
15.Canadian memorial, a bunker, Churchill and Sherman tank in the open, at Juno beach, Courcelles-sur-Mer
16.Ouistreham, 'mur de l'atlantique' museum, No4 commandos museum
17.Pegasus bridge, its museum and Gondrée's Café at Bénouville, british commandos's grave in the communal cemetery at Ranville
18.Museum/Memorial at Caen
19.Merville-Franceville battery, brits commandos memorial
20.Museum 'August 1944' at Falaise

tl;dr:
basically you follow any D-Day related billboards or road signs you could bump into, that'll do the trick

also , find an 'Office de Tourisme' in any cities to get yourself a 'pass' in order to get discounts. Careful though you'll probably have to buy one for each county you're going to, which are the 'Manche' and 'Calvados'

have a nice stay user

Btw get rid of this map. 1st div. landed on omaha and the 4th on utah, not the opposite

Kek

>you realize that french people are the bane of our existence?
You realize french people are the reason for your existence, right?

>treat the french like subhumans for years because they were catholics
>send them to die first
>wonder why they don't want to fight
We simply liked the nazi more than you

>We simply liked the nazi more than you
and himmler wanted to depopulated france

>at a rate of 93% is common
nigger what

>germans wanted to exterminate all non germans meme

so is a lie that himmler wanted to do that?

School really failed you

your daily reminder that the battle of Normandy is:
>36,976 allied soldiers killed
>35,000 at least to 50,000 at most (and much likely) french civilians killed

Normandy is the province that suffered the most the price of the Liberation and it suffered for the whole country. Normands had mixed feelings about it in 44: happiness and gratitude towards those who took part and perished during the battle but also pain and grief of losing their relatives, their homes.

your daily reminder that the Great War is:
>900 to 1.000 french soldiers only killed per day
>1 "Omaha beach" KIA rate per day for 4 years 3 months and 2 weeks

>3.500 all nationalities killed per day
>1 "Omaha beach" total losses per day for 4 years 3 months and 2 weeks

Normandy has a long and rich history, even if nearly all of its cities have been destroyed to the ground in allies bombing, there's still many more things to see than just ww2 stuff

>tfw no alternate timeline where the South won the Civil War so we can see a nonsensical alliance between the USA and CSA in the great German gang-rape of '44.

Even Generalplan Ost talked about deportation of undesirable nations to West Siberia.

Bayeux Tapestry and William the Conqueror's castles in Caen and Falaise to name a few

I wouldn't recommend Falaise castle though, large parts of it has been "rebuilt" in the 70's in steel and concrete, looks horrifying.
I'd definitely recommend Lisieux Cathedral, the small castle of Saint-Germain-de-Livet, Bayeux tapestry, and the village of Beuvron-en-Auge for a feel of what was Normandy before WWII

you could check out this town, William the Conqueror was born in the castle there, dunno if your Irish friend cares about English history though

>give Quebec all the freedoms it could ever want
>give them a huge number of guaranteed seats in parliament
>force the rest of the country to double everything in French, but don't force the French to use English
>Quebec still bitches about everything

Because those fucking surrender monkeys surrendered leaving superior Anglos to stand alone against the world

>"Look at that American in the water Pierre. He has subsituted the weight of a army kit with 100 pounds of extra fat!"

The beta uprising.

more like the top 3

You forgot the billions they are given every year

man, you are so salty and know nothing about history, please end yourself

To give a little leeway to the minor contributors, the top five were the ones that mattered. Everyone else was along for the ride.

Poor fucking leafs having to kill kids in Caen. Jesus Christ Hitler, what the fuck.

>[
The French weren't cowards. They were ahead of the curve.

wew lad
why so hateful?

user you do know that the Iraq War ended on the 1st may 2003 and that you've handled it perfectly well, on your own, in 42 days, even without the french in the coalition right?
this forced meme is a bit out of date tbqh

Well I guess Australia was mostly involved in the Pacific theatre. In this case it's USA > UK > Canada > Poland (some switch these two depending how you count) > France

normiedy landing is pleb history. nobody who cares about it recognizes the dominion flag