Name one (1) thing that is more fake than french movies about the resistance in ww2

Name one (1) thing that is more fake than french movies about the resistance in ww2

Other urls found in this thread:

inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/sitemap.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=CPRh4gw_GmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Op´s originality

American news.

B..but i tought i was the first one to make this mene

your mom's tits

Soviet war movies
>3 brave soldiers and patriots of glorious Motherland mowing down an entire battalion of Germans who act like brainless morons

Nice try, Pierre, this is the first thread I have seen about this particular topic and I browse Veeky Forums nearly everyday and have done from the start.

name three (3)

I mean, you could say the same thing for a lot of American war movies. Have you seen Black Hawk Down?

The Sharpe serie

>3 brave soldiers and patriots of glorious Britain mowing down an entire battalion of French cavalry who act like brainless morons

>compares bunch of insurgent nignogs to trained and experienced German soldiers

A Lindybeige Video

You could say the same thing about a lot of American and British WW2 movies and action films generally. Black Hawk Down isn't one of them, it is a reasonably realistic portrayal of well equipped and highly trained soldiers against half assed militia. Look how quickly a small number of British troops demolished rebels in Sierra Leone in the early 2000s, or any number of French interventions in Africa.

Good point, fair enough.

>Frenchies romantize the resistance
And Burgers don't romantize the invasion of Europe?

>Black Hawk Down

That's actually pretty accurate. The producers actually cut some scenes from the book out because they thought no one would believe them.

>80 year old Somali man who could barely walk or hold a gun tried to walk right up to Sgt. Yurek's men and shoot them. They were so astonished, they almost burst out laughing and tried to wave him off several times before finally shooting him.

The mainstream (((media)))

I listened to an interview recently on another subject by the chap that wrote Black Hawk Down and he seemed like an intelligent guy. How's the book, worth reading?

Red Tails

btw OP, please watch:

Army of Shadows
Is Paris Burning?
Lucie Aubrac
The Train
The Army of Crime

...and reconsider your statement. These are pretty based tbqh

>Black Hawk Down
That's the shittiest example you could pick of an inaccurate movie.

>Have you seen Black Hawk Down?

that movie is very accurate though dumbass.

It's one of most intense things I've ever read, I own all of Mark Bowden's books.

You can actually read the book in it's original format at the Inquirer

inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/sitemap.asp

>inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/sitemap.asp

Awesome, thanks bro.

Pretty much any US movie about the Pacific War/the war in Europe is laughably fake.

he Train was fucking brilliant on both sides. Two men obsessed with stopping one another, meanwhile their based comrades are pretty sick of their bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRh4gw_GmQ

Frog here. I can't even name a movie about the resistance... (except "Papy fait de la résistance"). Can you give me an example?
Also in general Holywood movies about WW2 are not monuments of accuracy.

i'm pretty sure they cut that one out to not make americans even more vilified
in europe people cheered americans dying and laughed at how badly planned everything was

movies about the hall of cost

I don't recall this ever happening. In actuality it was more like Sharpe and his regiment are getting their assed kicked on a suicide mission when British reinforcements suddenly show up to save the day.

Also
>3

Were you trying to say 'Holocaust'?

>not knowing about the hall of cost

Great new meme, guys.

>

>new

Meanwhile American war movies....

>it's a "Sharpe and his mates have a hand to hand combat session in a trench near Badajoz but lose zero men and burst in laughter" episode

CNN

any american war movie

Depends of movies :

>Realistic tier :
Platoon
The thin red line
Full Metal Jacket
Jarhead
The deer hunter

>Acceptable tier
Saving private Ryan
Apocalypse now

>Retarded tier
Fury
We were soldiers
Hacksaw Ridge
American Sniper

>American sniper
What was the problem with this? Not being a cunt, I genuinely don't know.
>Thin Red Line
Hipster shit
>Deer Hunter
Hipster shit, most of the film isn't even about the war.

Chris Kyle was the problem.

What about him? I think the film followed the book fairly well, except for things that were obvious fabulated horseshit (shooting people during hurricane Katrina etc) which got excluded.

>Marines don't know how to kick in doors and clear out houses despite their intense combat training
>Let me just use the million dollars worth of training the US Navy put into me to gamble my life on a simple door kicking mission and teach these Marines how to rock n roll!

>hipster shit
I think we talk about accuracy here, not how pleasant the movie is.

>'Murica fuck yeah!
facepalm

Well there's hardly anything to talk about, in Thin Red Line the combat scenes are around 20 minutes in total while the rest of the movie are 10 minute shots on sunsets and nakes Melanesian children with some faggot pondering the immortality of soul or some shit. But yeah I guess the scenes with them ascending that ridge were good.

He was always going to be a controversial person to make a film about; especially when the War in Iraq was and is still active. Eastwood went in with good intentions, but ultimately the best war films are made with a good amount of time which separates the events and film.

Black women in the SS?

god-tier:
Flag of our Fathers
Letters from Iwo-jima

Muslims portrayed as good guys.

For one I hate the new Russian movies. The new Stalingrad is Hollywood tier garbage.
>Germans chuckling while burning random Russian civilians on the street of Stalingrad, just to establish the fact they're evil
>RASHKA FUCK YEAH heroism and pathos
>assplosions everywhere and Michael Bay tier editing
I've never realized non-Americans could produce such trash.

Russians are... yeah... the need to wiggle their dicks at all opportunities.

Platoon is really good but I hate how everyone now thinks all of Vietnam war was just GIs getting sniped by peasants in the jungle, thanks to that movie. We were soldiers had a much more interesting focus (air cavalry units in Ia Drang battle), but the execution was dreadful.

>We Were Soldiers wasn't made by Mel "Shoot the gook' Gibson

Fucking kill me.

>the heroic russians charge at the germans while on fire
>the nemesis is a nazi lunatic who keeps a sex slave
>that ricochet AT shell scene
>the fucking framing story is a russia rescue worker telling the whole story to a german girl trapped under rubble

It is pretty accurate

Without proper training, 90% of soldiers literally cannot shoot another person(most people brains literally shuts down), there are a lot of studies in this subject

"There is a substantial body of evidence demonstrating humans' seemingly natural aversion to killing. Much of the research in this area has been conducted by the military; analysts have found that soldiers tend to intentionally fire over the enemy's head, or not to fire at all.

Studies of combat activity during the Napoleonic and Civil Wars revealed stirking statistics. Given the ability of the men, their proximity to the enemy, and the capacity of their weapons, the number of enemy soldiers hit should have been well over 50 percent, resulting in a killing rate of hundreds per minute. Instead, however, the hit rate was only one o two per minute. And a similar phenomenon occured during World War I: according to british Lieutenant George Roupell, the only way he could get his men to stop firing into the air was by drawing his sword, walking down the trench, "beating [them] on the backside and ... telling them to fire low".1 World War II fire rates were also remarkably low: historian and US Army Brigadier General S.L.A. Marshall rerported that, during battle, the firing rate was a mere 15 to 20 percent; in other words, out of every hundred men engaged in a firefight, only fifteen to twenty actually used their weapons. And in Vietnam, for every enemy soldiers killed, more than fifty thousand bullets were fired.2"

The fight was a carnage, because it was soldiers trained psychology to kill, to not feel remorse. Against fucking peasants, who could not kill even if they wanted it

What these studies have taught the miltiary is that in order to get soldiers to shoot to kill, to actively participate in violence, the soldiers must be sufficiencly desensitized to the act of killing. In other words, they have to learn not to feel -- and not to ffeel responsible -- for their actions. They must be taught to override their own conscience. yet these studies also demonstrate that even in the face of immediate danger, in situations of extreme violence, most people are averse to killing. In other words, as Marshall concludes, "the vast majority of combatants throughout history, at the moment of truth when they could and should kill the enemy, have found themselves to be 'conscientious objectors'".3"

In US army they teach soldiers to shoot at the sight of an enemy with "suppressing fire"(that is why they use actual pictures in their shooting stances, so they brains simple connect Image=shoot)

Black Hawk was a scenario of what would happen if modern soldiers were to fight WW2 or WW1 soldiers.
Most of the vets would not shoot, because most modern people do not want to actually kill another person, and today they trick their brains on doing.

Some even might say higher incidences of PTSD occur because of that, basically the system creates a loophole in your brain, and you will be the one who will have to deal with this

Nobody ever mentions April 9th, which is actually realistic tier. In fact it's almost never mentioned in these threads.

I'm not even claustrophobic but I have no idea how anyone could tolerate living and working in a submarine for any length of time

Chinese war movies about WW2

City of Life and Death is pretty real
In fact the director got death threats from his fellow chinks for not portraying all japanese people as slavering demon savages that eat people for giggles

>in europe people cheered americans dying and laughed at how badly planned everything was
That sounds like blood libel tier bullshit. Do you think Americans cheered when Brits died in A Bridge too Far and laughed at how poorly planned it was?
This was an Australian/American Co-production.

europeans are retarded

Yep "Anything".