Is America destined to rule the world?

Is America destined to rule the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Consolidated_version_of_the_Treaty_on_European_Union/Title_I:_Common_Provisions#Article_7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

America is making the road for the rise of China once more.

Spending all of its money on war and bankrupting ourselves in the process. We now have to debate about whether or not it is good for America to have people of the America be healthy and educated. In the past, people would say, "Ofcourse! America is best when educated and healthy." But now, its "we can't pay for it! It cost too much. Let the poor die!"

Meanwhile a rising China will threaten America's economic security in the East. The loss of economic security in the East means loss of influence and thus loss of control and loss of power.

bases can be destroyed, lad
>Is America destined to rule the world?
why do you think that?

you people just have lucky that nuke exist, if it werent for nukes then you wouldnt be a super power

America is destined to have an outsized influence compared to other countries due to it's geography, weak neighbors, and access to both oceans. Doesn't mean we're destined to rule the world

>the rise of China once more.
China has never been a world power, they're already at their historical height of their influence

All of America's problems, China has worse. Rather then a collision of two superpowers, signs point toward a mutual collapse into domestic instability.

The only other world power with no competition has been mongol empire. China is still a developing country right now. They have a very large population still living in bare minimum. If they are able to develop those people into standard developed nation villages/towns/cities, then they will be a powerhouse. Even while still a developing country, its on the verge of challenging the US in technological development.

America is a fully developed nation, its rate of growth is very limited. Meanwhile, China's growth rate is double/triple that of US. China has worse ethnic relations and worse separatist movements. Its got lots of issues with liberty that we Americans enjoy/take for granted. However the world might see a more efficiently run China and take China's example of governance for the future over inefficiency of our own. We in the US have a highly partisan form of government. Any change we make, the next party will do the opposite. This effectively stops any form of progress and might probably drive us into net negative force, and this might cripple the country as a result.

China has always been poor, and its always been run by despots. Nothing has changed besides the fuedal lords being replaced with commissars who enact in even mroe gruesome acts. Their growth is a visage, and their poverty and crime and chaos are proof of that. Nothing has changed in that country that merits them becoming a world power
>mongol empire
the mongol empire was not chinese, it didn't practice chinese customs or chinese dress or chiense style war. It destroyed chinese lords, ancient houses like the house of Sun which fought in the three kingsdoms period as emperors, and slaughtered entire cities of chinese for refusing to bend the knee. They were then starved to death or forced to fight or were given reprieves if they had talent. It was not chinese, but China's punishment.

If you honestly think the transition from a feudal agricultural economy to an industrialized urbanized power and the benefits that descend from that is nothing you're retarded.

More like destined to pay for the cost of peace while others free ride.

M A N I F E S T D E S T I N Y

>Nothing has changed besides the fuedal lords
>Imperial China
>Feudal lords
>Ancient Houses.
Wtf am I reading?

>if it werent for nukes then you wouldnt be a super power
Bullshit. They were always going to be at a minimum a great power, having a land that can support a large population (even before the westward expansion) and sharing the same cultural sphere that industrialisation came from (thus getting their choice of seating on the HDI train).

>feudal agricultural economy to an industrialized urbanized power
Its not a power, it still relies on the same concepts of hating westerners and expecting them to cowtow to unfavorable trade deals. In fact, thei trade deals have only won them the enmity of westerners like in the USA whose POTUS intends to eliminate them from the markets. Because their goods are poisoned, dont work, break too easily or are faulty. On top of that they rely on western countries relying on service economies which are faulty by nature, should the west come to its senses their abiltiy to produce goods for profit will faulter, and their industrial base will be turned to make weapons. Leading to militarst invasions, which almost always fail for China. Their production base was destroyed by the Red Chinese, and in fact have had a better industrial base in the past, when they were ruled by the mongols who used them as slaves and draftees. In war they try to overrun smaller areas/countries and everytime they don't invade Tibet they end up losing and have to sign a status quo antebellum. They're not even succesfully urbanized because their cities border on unlivable, with poisen flooding the air and earth. As for industrialized, a large minoirty still practice subsistence farming.

No. America fights for freedom.

Stop posting, you have no idea what you're talking about

I;ve been to China, have you?

Completely irrelevant to the point you're trying to make.
Are you a political scientist, or an economist?
Do you understand how industrialization works, or how to extrapolate general trends
And yes I have been, on business, using anecdotal evidence as proof for a retarded claim is by definition retarded.

China is still authoritarian though it is structured very differently from the past.

>how industrialization works
there are more machines that facilitate the use of steam and other new forms of energy on a large scale. China has not achieved this. They do not even have a blue water navy, which was and is a hallmark of all industrialzied nations.
>Are you a political scientist, or an economist?
Im educated in all things, though I would identify as a theologian and artist
>extrapolate general trends
empirical evidence is garbage as proven by Socrates and the allegory of the cave
> using anecdotal evidence
I quoted the history of China and some of their most important times (practically all of the major events in that country, actually) you on the other hand start making wild, uneducated guesses based off of popular culture that China will someday become a world power when it had never been one.

Industrialization and urbanization is bad i hope they manage to keep their rural core.

Nobody was a "world" power until the XIX century. But China has always been the biggest, most populated, richest, more advanced country on Earth. The time we live in is actually an exception. China is still getting back to its natural place since they experienced the "century of humiliation" between 1836 and 1936.

Chad Kaczynski, virgin Industrialization

lol,

>But China has always been the biggest, most populated, richest, more advanced country on Earth.
China's history is the most gilded thing in the East, their own Gods would curse them, and slay them with natural disasters. Those who cling to a past they never actually experienced or understood will be lost in this new world until they realize the Chinese's glory was a candle that burned too bright and extinguished its own wick. Leaving only a large stick of wax, without a flame to rejuvenate is throught the lives of its people. Indeed, even during Roman times the Romans managed to kill their emperor and half of the nobles in that country as punishment for their sins, all the while they look with the same starry eyes as you do at a map that shows their empire in the middle of the universe they never fully explored. Because they were too insular and locked in their ways, until that world came calling with the mongols thereafter. Then the Manchus, and only once imperialism had reached its height did they begin to look at the bigger picture, only to fall once more with people like you who call for it to be a jewel it never was.

Don't you know "Chad" Teddy only went on his anti-industrial rampage because they wouldn't let him be a lady?

>richest, more advanced
If you ignore the last 6 centuries or so.

>they wouldn't let him
>they
Who?

That's a lie. He was MKUltra'd

So much of this post is wrong I don't even know where to start. Please don't ever talk about history to people IRL. Anyone with a clue of what their talking about will immediately mark you down as a huge brainlet.

name them

>Americans having liberties
What is the NSA?
What's the Patriot Act?
What is warrantless wiretapping?

The US are actually not ruling the world through power, but through influence. If Europe allied with Russia, and Japan-Korea with China, instead of the US, then the US would be globally fairly irrelevant.

Now europe allying with Russia is not very probable, but Japan-Korea allying with China actually is. And Europe might actually become strong enough to be an independent factor in global politics themselves, if their unity project works out. Then an Axis China-Europe would actually be without a doubt the backbone of global politics, instead of the Atlantis-axis.

Yes, because unlike in movies, IRL the forces of evil always wins

>Japan-Korea allying with China actually is.
all three of those guys hate each other with a passion. You;d sooner find Poland fighting for German intrests

>all three of those guys hate each other with a passion. You;d sooner find Poland fighting for German intrests

Poland and Germany are close allies.

>NATO
not the same as fighting for German interests

being allies normally means its in both's interest, and the german-polish friendship is.

In poland and germany's case its dragging each other through the mud and trying to find a casus belli for another war

nobody in germany gives a single fuck about the former eastern prussia, not a single german lives there anymore, and i doubt poland is planning a war on germany.

>Germany starts giving Poland casus bellis
>Poland responds with lawsuits regarding their previous war
old wounds havent even finished healing and you say they're friends

>Poland will forever be ruled by right-wing populists.

>just do what we say poland you have no rights a soverign nation
at least anons gonna get the three dindus of the east to ally against the invincible superpower of this earth

Nobody forced Poland to join the EU, they can fuck right off if they don't like it here.

you gonna make em? Merkel gonna lead the schuzstaffel?

>leave EU
>set up EF with French and other non-shit people

done.

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Consolidated_version_of_the_Treaty_on_European_Union/Title_I:_Common_Provisions#Article_7

Are you an American or something? Genuine question because only an American would be retarded enough Poland and Germany want to go to war with each other in the [current year].

>we have achieved peace in our time
keep dreaming user bloodlust and venegeance is in every Europeon's blood. Besides, you missed my point, Im merely saying that Poland isn't going to fight a war for Germany.

Answer the question. American?

>answer my guilt by association fallacy
your ideals are as dead as your god, Euro. The USA has risen

>bloodlust and venegeance is in every Europeon's blood
Modern Europeans are all numales and cucks. If invading foreign hordes broke into the average German's house, he would offer them his own mother to rape so he could buy himself more time to watch Netflix and play DOTA.

Today's America doesn't know what it fights for. The college students fight for total equality with little regard for anything else, the war hawks fight for money and govt deals, and the average Joe doesn't care to fight at all. All "bring democracy" sorties are nothing more than imperialist operations solely for getting resources cheaply.

Your point on influence is true but is mostly irrelevant. Yes, the fact that the US relies on allies in these regions—Japan, Korea, et al. in Asia; UK, France, Germany, et al. in Europe—means that it has less "hard power" in those theatres than if the US had territory there. However, this distinction, for the most part, doesn't matter. The ability of the US to project power into these contested regions is all that matters.

In addition, both a EU–Russia and a Chine–Japan alliance is logically absurd in the current system, only if the US becomes some hyper-aggressor looking to integrate both Japan and Western Europe does such a drastic change in the system occur.

There is something to be said about the rise of both China and a united Europe; depending on the relative power that each can muster, such ascendancies would likely return the global system to a multi-polar state—one, however, unlike we've ever seen before. This new system would some weird amalgam of the Cold War and the Concert of Europe. However, I object to your assertion that there would be a Sino–Occidental axis to the system; the US would still be the most important, single actor in the system, given its status as a regional hegemon—a title neither China nor Russia nor the EU can/could lay claim to.

China's rise is a significant threat to the current US-led system, and it will likely have greater power than even the US (maybe, maybe not) in the coming decades, however there is a long distance it still has to run—no hegemon has been easily dethroned and China will never be able to take regional hegemony away from the US, likely cementing the latter's permanent status as a thorn in the side of our Sino overlords.

Also, sorry to everyone trying to read this shit: I spend the past two hours doing citation exercises and now I'm drunk. If you need me to clarify anything, let me know? Or just ignore me and talk about the chad–virgin dichotomy

>Is America destined to rule the world?
More a question as to whether it is destined to *continue* to rule the world.

>Largest economy in the world, several times over.
>Largest military in the world, several times over.
>Largest and most popular media empire in the world, several times over.
>Most advanced logistics in the world, several times over.
>Heaviest political heavy weight, several times over.
>Puppet governments, puppet governments everywhere.
>Military bases everywhere in the world.
>Instant strike capability, anywhere in the world.
>Hands in every single economy, everywhere in the world.
>Even the people who think they are working against them are playing right into their hands.
>World, Reserve, Currency

Folks who keep bringing up China keep forgetting that China's prosperity is completely reliant on trade with the USA and its allies, and more than half of its industry is dedicated to producing for American companies.

The only problem is, it's all built on a house of cards, largely reliant on that last factor. Only thing keeping it from being knocked down, really, is that most of the world knows, that they too, rest on one or more of the pieces of that same house of cards. Well that, and if/when the USA does suddenly collapse, the resulting power vacuum will lead to a endless series of wars that will make the first two world wars look like a kindergarten brawl.

1. Largest economy in the world, several times over.
1.1. Not several times over and will likely be overtaken by China at some time in the near(ish) future; however it doesn’t matter THAT much as both countries are capable of supplying the materiel necessary to conduct war
2. Largest military in the world, several times over.
2.1. Yeah this is the one that matters most. The US has unmatched power projection capabilities and can fuck up a region real good like. However, China, if it gets its house in order, is in a better position to assert control over its own home region—all your napalm and gunships don’t matter for fuck-all if China can march a huge-ass army straight to your little shit-hole country.

3. Largest and most popular media empire in the world, several times over.
3.1. Eh. This means fuck all.

4. Most advanced logistics in the world, several times over.
4.1. “man proposes, God disposes”
4.2. “the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry”

5. Heaviest political heavy weight, several times over.
5.1. Huh?

6. Puppet governments, puppet governments everywhere.
6.1. I don’t know if this is just hyperbole or what. I’ll assume it is and that you mean we have many allies in the most contested regions on Earth—you are correct. However, this theoretical unity within the system will likely be fractured with the rise of an alternative to US power—or, perhaps, if the US continues to reduce how “benevolent” our “benevolent dictatorship” of the system is. Either/both will result in a realignment of the system in which the US isn’t the most popular girl on the block.

7. Military bases everywhere in the world.
7.1. Yeah this is an important element of Uncle Sam’s power projection capacities; it’s especially necessary considering that our role in Old World politics is largely in the role of “off-shore power balancer”

It's not destiny, it takes a lot of hard work and money.

8.Instant strike capability, anywhere in the world.
8.1. Yeah that’s’ cool too. Power projection etc. Land power is still too important to actualizing control for this to be anything other than a “neato” feature

9. Hands in every single economy, everywhere in the world.
9.1. Sorta like ¶1, albeit more important that the above—this is likely to make it very uncomfortable for any realignment away from the US

10. Even the people who think they are working against them are playing right into their hands.
10.1. Huh?

11. World, Reserve, Currency
11.1. This is a meme. [Probably]

12. Folks who keep bringing up China . . .
12.1. That doesn’t really matter what they’re producing. Germany exports most of its shit too, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have greater power or manufacturing capacity that its neighbor to the east.

13. The only problem is, it's all built on a house of cards, largely reliant on that last factor.
13.1. Haha. You’re so cute when you try to be big and bad and fully of bluster. Chinese nationalism is fucking nuts bro and those little slant-eyed bastards would gladly suffer for the good of the nation against the dirty Western imperialists.
13.2. Also, the same thing could be [more] easily said about Americans: if we don’t get our luxuries, or if we have to pay more taxes, the whole damn citizenry is going to start weeping about their pussies hurting.

It's all pretty interesting. I just don't know how self-sustaining the Chinese are. Modern Chinese politicians are all avaricious animals. Although American politicians are equally corrupt, the Chinese are just out and open about it.

China eclipsing the US in terms of power and influence seems possible, but again I question the sustainability of the Chinese. It would also be "interesting" to see what China would do with this sort of influence. I believe that they would shamelessly enslave all of Africa straight up, possibly European races as well.

You don't know how sustainable they are? The country that claims 221BC as its birth?

As for influence, first thing they'll be doing is reshaping Asia into whatever they would like it to be—perhaps via annexation or by implied control. And they'll be cracking at Africa next, as they are doing even now. Also, start to see them become involved with various Latin American countries—most likely Brazil and, maybe, Mexico.