Why is killing bad?

Why is killing bad?

Individuals disappear as a result and we don't want that to happen unnaturally.

>it's a Veeky Forums can't pass a third grade morality test episode

The act of killing itself is not bad, it is just a means.

its a violation of God's law against your brother, and his son

Why is this retard allowed to shitpost essentially the same thread over and over again? What the fuck do the mods even DO around here?

>Killing is ungodl-

The Crusaders were not real Christians.

crusaders/templars were literally the ISIS of their time

It's not.

Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.

Would it hurt you if someone stabbed you many times?

>no true scotsman

everybody was the ISIS of their time back then

Because going around and murdering people is generally bad for society.

At the end of the day nothing is 'bad' if you really, really want to dig deep into epistemology.

However the welfare of conscious beings seems the only framework that has any objective solid argument behind it. And by killing someone you just destroyed a conscious being.

>nothing is 'bad'
epistemology is mostly empiricism and things which don't have a lot of credit in them which was never very good at explaining things

#NotAllChristians

>epistemology is mostly empiricism

Wut?

Killing for pleasure is bad.

Killing for rational reasons is amoral.

Humans are the only few animals that kill for pleasure. Most animals kill for food,breeding partners or territorial dominance.

>&humanities

Because M*xishits do it.

>Killing for pleasure is bad.
Why?

>Killing for rational reasons is amoral.
Why?

The more intelligent animals are, they more likely they are to kill for fun. Chimps, ravens, dolphins all kill for pleasure.

Killing is bad because it increases overall entropy in the universe leading to accelerated heat death.

it's not, but if there were no consequences, chaos will be the norm

Its animal behavior you psycho piece of shit.

post your address maybe a nearby user can show you

Interruption of labor.
Loss of potential contribution.
Instability of hierarchy.
Emotional trauma generated among the survivors, in turn leading to more of the same.
Discord in society resulting from all of that.
Potential backlash leading to more of the same.
Rinse, repeat, society goes to shit in a bloody crapbasket.

Granted, that all rests on the axiom that sable society = good, perpetual armageddon = bad. But if we can't assuming that collective survival is a positive, we've reached a level of nihilism that runs counter to all our inherent instincts, and may as well just hold our breath until we die.

But in the end, same reason nearly any other behavior is either "good" or "bad". It is or isn't conducive to collective survival and prosperity, which in turn has the same consequences for the individual.

Or cuz god says so - whatevs.

My philosophy is that as an owner of life youself, you are not dignified to take a life of your equal.
Killing people is a great hipocrisy as it shows someone usually willing to live denying another man a right to do the same.

There are exceptions of course, for example, when killing someone can save more lifes.

Because it's a violation of the NAP.

It's a threat to social cohesion because it hampers trust and security within groups. Social cohesion is essential to survival. If one man kills a buffalo, it'll rot before he can use all the meat. If a group kills the buffalo, not only can they use all of the buffalo, but they can do it more effectively with less risk of losing any one member of the group.

Extrapolate from there and I'm sure you can find solid enough answers.

Next I suppose you'll ask why it is wrong to kill a person when you can get away with it and nobody will know. How about we go from there?

Time to wake up.

These are great answers and cover almost all bases. The rest is arbitrary moral commentary which has *almost* nothing yo do with causality, logic, or evolution.

And ?
Aren't you an animal ?

is it ok if i kill your family and then kill you?

Either chaos or a more orderly society which the world has not seen in centuries

>no more obese people
>no more welfare rats or criminals
>no more neets

The main contrivance which determines the morality of killing is the metaphysics of religion. In Buddhism you will be reborn over and over in a hell realm, in Christianity you will rot in hell for eternity. Even as an agnostic I don't want to risk that.

Who are you to say who dies?

Read some Hobbes, user.

This is literally the first element of the social contract. You do not want to be murdered, so you agree not to kill anyone else in exchange for them agreeing not to kill you.

Look up the prisoner's dilemma. If you kill someone, someone else might see you as a threat and kill you. Thus, not killing gives you the best outcome.

Because if you kill someone, someone else will probably kill you back in revenge

Don't call him a psycho hell think he's cool

Violence is fine if it's for a good reason. Even Jesus fashioned a whip when the time demanded.

And Trump is literally hitler

Killing is just theft. Theft that you retain the ability to carry out. Thus it is always a societal problem. Those with power wish to steal without fear. If you can always steal something from them as well, that theft is the only one left to fear.

>All these cucks distancing themselves from the crusaders
They were holy warriors trying to defend Europe from muslims. Then they also started killing each other for God, but hey it beats whatever the fuck the T*rks and Muslims did to other religions and people

>You cannot want to be murdered
But I think of killing myself every day

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

not all killing is considered bad by everyone
euthanasia is considered moral by some
death penalty is considered righteous by some
suicide was kind of ok in ancient greece and japan
only murder is bad, but the definition of murder is killing that is bad by whatever your society's standards are

its neither
theres no right or wrong in the universe, only in our minds

I don't know. A murderer is the product of his or her environment, so in effect, everybody who a murderer is affected by is the reason he or she is a murderer.

If people murdered whenever they could get away with it, it would greatly undermine social cohesion. Nobody would ever have a sense of security.

Destruction of state property.

i can prove it easily, but they might arrest me.

It's not, now give me your address

That's not murder(unjust killing of a person), it was killing as a part of war during battle.

No. People will kill insects or even reasonably more intelligent animals like cows or pigs without a second thought. The distinction that is made for say, humans, is completely arbitrary.

Because you go to jail

because you are ending the life of someone else and empathy is the only reason you should strive to not kill since you wouldn't want a random faggot with emotional problems randomly killing you, right ?

now if you mean killing in self defense or to save another person then that's cool.