Would you play an f2p mmo that you make crypto playing...

would you play an f2p mmo that you make crypto playing? literally the in game currency is eth (not some shitty e20 token) and you get real eth from selling mob drops to in game npc shops. no strings, just play and get paid. the idea is if the game is actually good and fun and not pay to win shit, the revenue from the game would easily cover the eth payouts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropia_Universe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would the revenue be generated?

In game currency is sort of "crypto" already, and RMTs are there to trade it to real money. It's huge business in China. Anyhow, it might be interesting project to take some private server and map in-game currency to crypto.

5% tax on player to player trades
we currently have a working prototype with mock graphics (see image), and are planning to launch in about a year

but how is eth generated for trash selling? chinamen already have bots running 24/7 for WoW gold

you can't really bot our game. you can try if you want, and we encourage it, and even plan on having in game support for scripting though.

personally as the lead dev i consider anything that you can bot or feels like a "grind" to be a bug.

>mobs drop ETH
>revenue is from fees on player to player trades
If anything I think this would lose you money.

Alright but how is money generated for the system?

I'm already working on a PoC for a browser based mmo like this. You're too late.

idk why they arent answering this. Ill tell you how most of these games work with real money economys.

>buy weapon for $1
>weapon degrades 10% per hit
>10% chance to get $0.50 item drop

the seed money for the shops initial stock is from our team. the idea is that if players REALLY like the game and it's super fun they'd deposit more eth than they'd withdraw and end up spending lots of in game items and consumables. also, we sell +0 cosmetic hats.

imaging the best mmo ever that you always wanted to exist, but instead you only get p2w shit and endless grinds. then an actually good game comes along and it just so happens that you can make money off it too

>if players REALLY like the game
Not sure how likely this is with something that looks worse than your average RPGmaker game.

weapons don't degrade. the only way to break them is with failed upgrades if you're going for a +10

the actual game's design. graphics are prototype at the moment though.

This is some next level DOA shit.

>>the seed money for the shops initial stock is from our team. the idea is that if players REALLY like the game and it's super fun they'd deposit more eth than they'd withdraw and end up spending lots of in game items and consumables. also, we sell +0 cosmetic hats.

If its possible for people to withdraw more than they put out then its an inherently broken system and you're setting yourself up for failure. You should probably focus on cosmetics that are obtainable faster with ETH and allow player's to exchange anything with ETH and a take a cut.

its just a mock up and graphics don't mean shit, what matters is if a game is fun ( see minecraft)

Do you guys have a website or anything? I'm interested desu

op here. i know it'll be hard to balance and that's why the payouts will start at something silly like $0.01 an hour then slowly scale up until we find a balance. making money off the game will mostly be marketing, while people will "stay for the game play." once we have enough players i can see $1 an hour payouts.

as for game design and why you can't bot it: the game's design philosophy is drawn from dungeon crawl stone soup, and the game has a mostly rogue like feel. you can't kill the same monster over and over for example. you need to clear stages with your friends.

we don't yet. still in development, and hosting cost money.

Stop giving me competition
Reeeeeeeee

there is literally already a game that's more than 10 years old doing EXACTLY this.

what game?

>Path of Cock
Gay.

Lets say your game is a success, the majority of ftp players never put in money or put in very little. The money in these types of games are made from the few whales that go apeshit and drop tons of cash on a game. Then you have like 90% of your playerbase or so draining you of ETH. Giving players a way to drain money from your company is a disaster waiting to happened.
There will also be lots of accounts that quite after a while that are effectively burned coins unless you periodically drain inactive accounts potentially resulting in massive butthurt from customers

Runescape.

RSGP is literally a cryptocurrency on Yobit.. and 1mil in game money for OSRS is about 88 cents each.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropia_Universe
released in 2003, it has its own currency fixed 10:1 to us dollar, and this ingame currency can be purchased and rewarded for playing the game I believe

Tell that to CoC or flexible survival

>The game can be played for free, but spending money on the in-game currency allows significant additional options like purchasing items, skills, deeds/shares, services from other players.

seems like a very p2w model which OP is trying to avoid

some game features include: pvp everywhere, grindless rogulike gameplay with static overworld, guaranteed no bans and heavy "free speech" angle, in game scripting support and "0 stress, 0 grind" philosophy

does that sound fun to you guys? what else would attract players you think?

What about something like PUBG where to play ranked games you must pay a small fee of a token and winner takes all? I think that would be great.

Oh ok we aren't competitors anymore, my proof of concept and initial game design is very grindy, more like runescape than brogue.

Came out of lurking to tell you what a great idea that is. Is this legal?

No, it's gambling.

just play old school runescape and stake in game money and sell it for irl cash.

Gambling is legal in lots of countries.

Not in any where people spend millions on video games

What if when PUBG releases their private servers someone hosts a server from a gambling legal country that costs a certain amount of Ether or whatever coin to get into a game and all the money is sent to a smart contract that automatically gets distributed to the winner of the match? Kinda like gambling on a website like Bovada even though online gambling is illegal where I live...

What if pubg is a shitty fad game that will have a fraction of the population in a year...? Grow up.

Lol console fag detected.

Go back to play BO2 in your cucksole vidya faggot

Make a clone of elsword in unity with that concept and I will return to my hikI ways

you're an idiot...