Can I get a quick rundown on Franco? I heard he killed commies but was he really /ourguy/ or not?

Can I get a quick rundown on Franco? I heard he killed commies but was he really /ourguy/ or not?

no you fucking idiot, we're all commies here

both /lefty/pol and /pol/ can eat cow shit, thank you very much

>dont like election results
>shoot the winners
ultimate proof that conservatives dont really care about sovereign popular will.

Where do you think we are?

He was a monster who didn't mind killing thousands of fellowmen, betraying his own allies and sending literal arabs to rape innocent unaligned civilians. But he killed some vaguely leftist dudes so he's a hero like based helicopter man.

Franco wasn't anybodies guy. He betrayed the fascists, and he held power from the monarchy until he died. Everything about him died when he did.

He was a pretty good guy

Franco was an opportunist who betrayed the Falange and the Carlists, but a Franco victory was the best outcome for Spain

An asshole but one of the "better" fascist dictators from the era.
The worst thing associated with him is the Civil War and while it was pretty fucking bad it can hardly be pinned on him alone.

I once saw one of these Spanish news things, those things they used to show in theatres, and one of the big news was of Franco, now old as shit, going on vacation with his "nietecitos". The general way the whole thing's worded is pretty funny.

Veeky Forums is a centrist board

centrists are fucking scum, take that back you filthy pleb

Its more like we are a bunch of detached elitists.

He was a traitor and a murderer, just because he fought communists doesnt make him "/ourguy/" you mong

Didn't Hitler think he was like a big kid or really stubborn. Anyway Franco was a mostly uncharismatic person who managed to cobble together a decent economy for Spain.

Veeky Forums is a Catholic Georgist Board.

>t. commie

>Not sucking francos cock makes me a commie

yeah that's the idea

the only things im seeing that are bad are the caitlyn jenner one and the "blm is a terrorist organization" one.

bump

Gender identity disorder is an illness, bud.

Didn't all 3 leaders of the Falange get executed?
How is that Franco's fault?

Then I'm fearing there is no hope for you.

Nationalist side killed everyone who opposed them, not only the Communists.
>managed to cobble together a decent economy for Spain
Not thanks to him. His policy of autarky ruined Spain.

identity itself is an illness

>Hitler himself calling Franco stubborn.
He obviously didn't know how to argue with a Galician. I imagine their interview like this

>You wanna join the Axis?
>It depends
>But weren't you fascists?
>maybe
>Do you want our planes or not?
>possibly

and so on

What he means is that he literally destroyed the actual falange when he merged it with totally different ideologies to create his single party. Falange EspaƱola de las JONS is NOT Falange. And didn't act following the ideology of Primo de Rivera but as a vaguely traditionalist tool of power.

>join the war
>my country is fucked
>join please

>Maybe

You are missing the point. People from Galicia are patollogically incapable of giving a clear answer to any question, no matter how simple it is

desu Franco was the smart one in that situation, Hitler fucked Mussolini's Italy hard when he went full autismus maximus

There was virtually no way Franco would have joined, Spain was in shambles and even if it did join it would probably nab Gibraltar and then get quickly fucked by Britain and the US because it would barely be able to fight for long.

Italy was in shambles as well since the 1929 crash hit Italy hard, Mussolini basically sent most of his military supplies to Franco and the Italian army didn't have a single competent general, hence why when he joined the Axis he told Hitler Italy would only be ready for war by the 50's.
It's just sad really that guilt by association ruined the reputation of two of the best European heads of state of the 20th century.

He looks like my dad

Post pics

Franco kept Spain out of WW2, preventing millions of deaths

Quick rundown:

Pros: kept Spain out of WW2, prevented communists from toppling the Republic and instating Bolshevism, government was relatively stable after the post-war period.

Cons: Prevented commies from getting to power by blasting the shit out of them, was a dictator, his "One Spain" idea helped radicalize the Basques into ETA and gave the Catalans something to cry about when discussing independence.

As opposed to:
> keep secret police around every corner
> kill anybody that complains about anything

Dictatorships are not limited to the right, comrade.