If you can't name at least five of the people in this photograph you need to leave Veeky Forums and go read a book

If you can't name at least five of the people in this photograph you need to leave Veeky Forums and go read a book

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:World_heads_of_state_in_1889.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>caring about the period between the american civil war and ww1
'wow it's fucking nothing', the time period.

You should fuck off if you can't name at least 90% of them, and the only ones you can't identify is because of a blurry face.

>American civil war
>relevant

Can you teach me who these ppl are Veeky Forumschan? I'll give you kiss if you do uguu~

I see queen victoria (maybe gladstone behind her?), Napoleon III, kaiser wihelm I (is that fredrick & wilhelm II around him?) kinda looks like grover cleveland on the far right idk

Most of them don't actually matter

I recognize Franz Josef and Victoria. Is that Nicholas to the former's right?

There is no Nicholas but there is tsar Alexander III (his father) in the middle next to Wilhelm I.

There's Queen Victoria, Franz Josef, Wilhelm I, Sultan Abdul Hamid
The one with white beard near the sultan, is he Leopold II or Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro. Leopold is the one to his right.

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:World_heads_of_state_in_1889.jpg

Damn, Alfonso XII is unrecognisable in that picture.

So who was actually there

I was tempted to say the floor guy was Meiji but I wasn't 100% sure

Where? That picture is obviously a composite and not a real meeting for fuck's sake. Wilhelm I wasn't even alive anymore at that point.

they are all jews, not worth mentioning

There's not a single jew on that picture.

>read
>to identify faces

World's Fair, I've just checked, my bad
Had assumed they'd attended the one in Paris

Picture books
My First World War

But I stop caring about History after the 1700s

Look how cool everyone looks in that photo. They all have their own unique uniforms and you can instantly tell what region/country each person is from due to the cultural influences in their clothing.

Take the same picture today and nearly everyone would be wearing some bland suit. The world used to be more interesting.

we call that period the gilded age.

Erdogan could wear a Fez
Shinzo Abe something a bit more traditionally Japanese
What else could the president's wear that wouldn't look autistic? They aren't monarchs nor military so uniforms are out
Putin could wear abibas

PROTIP: Pu Yi was the first (and only) Emperor of China to be ever Photographed.

Thereby making the Qing figure there a fake.

Unironically that's the result of Anglo-American political and cultural dominance, they fucked everything up. It's also not kosher for monarchs and heads of state to walk around in a military uniform for some reason.

Franz Joseph
Victoria
Empress Dowager Cixi
Dom Pedro II
Wilhelm I

What do I win?

>nobody recognizes Alexander III
>tfw sissy faggot Nicholas lost three wars and got killed by some unwashed jew and this will always make him more notable than his chad father
Feels bad man

So true

saudis really stuck to their guns

Obama and Cameron are the only ones in the room that aren't manlets.

three in front are tsar alexander iii, franz joseph and kaiser wilhelm i
further right is queen victoria, american president?, pope leo xiii (?)?, cixi and the qing heir the guangxu emperor, can't identify the right group probably balkan, iberian or scandinavian monarchs
left group has hawaiian queen (?), ottoman sultan abdul hamid, maybe an egyptian king something?
back group i only recognize pedro ii of brazil

alex iii set up nicholas for failure. he left him a very unbalanced ship that only a skillful person could maneuver to safety, and nicholas was NOT that person.

The Ottoman Sultan
The Kaiser
The Tsar
The Queen of England
Saddam Hussein (4th from left)

The guy in a dress is the Ethiopian king.

He left him the empire in the most stable state it has been in centuries. Nicky fucked it up. With every single thing he touched he somehow managed to go full retard.
>Bloody Sunday
In his response he could've either doubled down and LARP as a complete autocrat in order to scare people into obedience, or punish the shooters and explain to the people it was the fault of a few rogue officers. So what did he do? Fucked off from St. Petersburg, shat his pants and let his aides handle it. That way he ended up looking like a detached tyrant, a coward and an incompetent fucktard at the same time.
>Russo-Japanese war
Too many things to list.
>Industrialization
In the 1890s it was going great, thanks to Witte modernizing the country at a fast pace, then after the country entered crisis due to Nicholas' retardation and Witte told him to immidiately start doing reforms, he was told to fuck off and pretty much ragequit on his position.
>land reform
Abandoned literally within a year of Stolypin dying.
>Rasputin
While I don't believe any of the memery about the tsarina cucking Nicky with him, or him practicing black magic, the perception still existed in society. In deeply patriarchal, hierarchical and Christian Russia there is nothing worse than the ruler being considered a cuck and a devil worshipper. He should've publicly executed Rasputin to shatter those perceptions, wife be damned.
>WW1
Once again, too many things to list. From the unwilingness to fully modernize the military before guaranteeing the protection of Serbia through bungling up the mobilization to trying to micromanage two fronts at once, it was just a complete clusterfuck.
>Revolution and Civil War
First Louis XVI-ing the autocracy away, then not actually having any command over the troops, then deciding he SUDDENLY cares about the public perception and staying in Russia putting his own life at risk and getting killed.
Retards who try blaming Nicky's failures on Alexander are just that, retards.

tried my best

Is that the mad baron 4th from the right? I thought he restored the mongolian monarchy?

i mean to cite this pic to show you that Russia was in a very tenuous position and needed careful balancing act to industrialize while at the same time tamping down on social unrest and preventing total dependence on foreign investors (see what happened to the Ottomans). Witte's policies worked but they directly led to the 1905 revolution because one 1) industrialization was tied up with foreign policy in siberia and the far east and this precipitated the disastrous war with Japan and 2) it acclerated the social tensions that exploded after Russian disasters in the Far East. I agree with your post generally, but it's more complicated than saying Nicky fucked it all up. The dominoes were already falling before he took power.

>moving from friendship with Germany to friendship with France
While he always was a Francophile, it was Bismarck who forced his hand when he sided with Austria over Russia at the Congress of Berlin. This happened two years before Alexander III even ascended to the throne so it's hard to blame that on him. Wilhelm II's catastrophic autism that somehow alienated Russia and France at the same time only solidified that reality.
>he put Russia on the rails which led to the disastrous war against Japan
I wonder what mental gymnastics did the author have to do to arrive at that conclusion.
Also you're quoting a book written by an Anglo so it's pretty hard to take that shit seriously.

Modern leader's have to deal with a vicious press and re-election, if trump walked onto a stage wearing a full military uniform what do you think the repsonse would be? The opposition would have a fucking field day.

>what mental gymnastics did the author have to do to arrive at that conclusion.

If you're going to just spam shit unrelated to my posts from a crappy book, feel free to continue.

dude how could you not recognize Darwin

why are you so angry? you didn't even respond to my post here which was a response to your post

I just gave you the excerpt the explains why Alexander and Nicky became emotionally fixated on conquest in the East. The focus on Eastern conquest was a collision course to war with Japan.

>crappy book,
>muh eternal anglo
what are you doing on this anglophone board then?

>just gave you the excerpt the explains why Alexander and Nicky became emotionally fixated on conquest in the East.
>Alexander was responsible for the Russo-Japanese war and this is evidenced by Wilhelm sending autistic telegrams about evil gooks to Nicholas
Unless this was your argument, I don't really follow how that excerpt was related to mine. The main reason for the war being a total disaster was the Anglo-Russian Entente which you sure know.
>muh eternal anglo
It's a valid argument because Anglo works on Imperial Russia tend to be half propaganda and half uneducated guesswork. The "Bloody Baron" book about Ungern-Sternberg, written by Palmer (99% of his wikipedia article is based on it), was the single shittiest history book I've ever read in my whole life. I'm actually shocked such garbage even got published but then again you never know with English historians.

Also
>you didn't even respond to my post here
That tends to happen if you don't give me a (You). I simply didn't know it was for me.

>Franz Joseph
>Queen Victoria
>Emperor Meiji
>Sultan Abdulhamid II
>Empress Dowager
>Napolean the Third
>Tsar Alexander III
>Wilhelm I
>Victor Emmanuel
Did I get some? The picture is a tad grainy which doesn't help

Habsburgs I-XXVIII?

Empress Cixi
Kaiser Wilhelm
King Leopold
Queen Victoria
Is that Nicky?

That’s Marie Skłodowska Curie, you blackassed Russian.

Also, Yule Brenner, fifth from the right.

His mistake was getting under influence of his Danish slut wife and betraying centuries long Russo-German alliance because of some fucking tiny POS Schleswig

See

>Getting offended by Germans due to Berlin Congress
>Siding with Anglo who had attacked you outright in Crimean war (and later supported Japs)

>siding with Anglo
That wasn't Alexander.

Trump and other western leaders are the ones who are meant to be wearing suits. It's a western cultural item.

>the period that set up the series of events that would change the world in the 20th Century is 'fucking nothing'

Just imagine! They're all dead now!

.. or are they?