East Asian History

Lets share resources and discuss the history of East Asia.

>Incomplete series that's a good introduction to Chinese history
archive.org/search.php?query=creator:"Weng, Wango H. C"

>Hox is working on Yokoyama Mitsuteru's adaptation of Shiji
bato.to/comic/_/comics/shiji-r20497

>Two books on Japanese armor
日本甲冑史〈上巻〉弥生時代から室町時代_中西立太.zip.001
a.pomfe.co/cyqnxgw.001
日本甲冑史〈上巻〉弥生時代から室町時代_中西立太.zip.002
a.pomfe.co/wwvqkif.002

日本甲冑史〈下巻〉戦国時代から江戸時代_中西立太.zip.001
a.pomfe.co/nsvnpje.001
日本甲冑史〈下巻〉戦国時代から江戸時代_中西立太.zip.002
a.pomfe.co/venghvy.002

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZWXou8HTBw
youtube.com/watch?v=XCcQGrLUOis
youtube.com/watch?v=UMwwlLGsITI
books.google.com.au/books?id=VxSdA5RKmPsC&pg=PA194&lpg=PA194&dq=song dynasty steel 125,000&source=bl&ots=euEJduuFiB&sig=yRFA9yIn5Ue6uqtfGFZEK2dQyl0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0kJei0sTWAhUJzbwKHUbyDOUQ6AEIcTAN#v=onepage&q=song dynasty steel 125,000&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How reliable is that manga?

About as much as the Shiji itself.

Did China have the most A E S T H E T I C bronze age?

In my opinion, absolutely.

Nanjing Museum>Tokyo National Museum>Kyoto National Museum

All are great but the collection in Nanjing is massive. It was practically empty when I visited and a guard tailed me in every area. Taiwan's National Palace Museum is supposed to be even larger but I've yet to visit.

REMINDER THAT CAO CAO IS NOTHING BUT A BETRAYER OF THE HAN DYNASTY AS PROVEN BY THE MANDATE OF HEAVEN GIVEN TO THE SIMA CLAN INSTEAD OF HIS.

Isn't the biggest one in Beijing?

>i do not beileve the old order can be reestablished. I do beileve a new order can be reestablished to bring stability to the realm
all according to keikaku

Yes.

Cai Wenji is a slut.

Let's discuss history instead of making /pol/ threads.

Who aesthete here?
youtube.com/watch?v=dZWXou8HTBw
youtube.com/watch?v=XCcQGrLUOis
youtube.com/watch?v=UMwwlLGsITI

What impact did Korea have on Japan? I hear Korea played a huge role but it is often downplayed due to nationalist interests.

What the FUCK was his problem?

"History in Three Keys" by Paul Cohen is a great book about the boxer rebellion.

Korea literally brought civilization to Japan.

The Yayoi migration from the Korean peninsula brought rice farming and the development of more advanced settlements (along with a slice of population replacement/assimilation) of the native Jomon. That's got little to do with Japan vs. Korea. We are talking 300BC migrations here. Other than that, Korea and the Japanese islands have always influenced each other. (as well as shared some cultural aspects like similar animistic religions and some linguistic similarities) They were in good terms with the Korean kingdom of Baekje. One other thing off the top of my head is that Hideyoshi tried to conquer the peninsula and failed horribly.

TEABOWLS MY G.

Seoul national museum is pretty good too

Ayyyyy

Hideyoshi had already conquered Korea and was on the verge of conquering China until he got bored and went back to Japan.

>Hideyoshi had already conquered Korea
The Japanese military occupied major settlements however they prove unable to administer the countryside and the Korean populace chafed under their rule.

>and was on the verge of conquering China
t. weeb

Konishi Yukinaga was BTFO from Pyongyang and sought a peace treaty after their logistic train proved untenable while holing up in Hanseong.

>can't conquer China when industrialized
>expect to conquer China when they were both pre-industrial shitholes
retard/10

Alright, I have a question for anyone that might know: when exactly did consistent steel come to China and/or the rest of east Asia?

What's consistent steel? Wrought iron production basically peaked during the Song Dynasty.

Ha well estimates that atleast 125,000 tons of iron was being produced each year, although the numbers are being questioned.

books.google.com.au/books?id=VxSdA5RKmPsC&pg=PA194&lpg=PA194&dq=song dynasty steel 125,000&source=bl&ots=euEJduuFiB&sig=yRFA9yIn5Ue6uqtfGFZEK2dQyl0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0kJei0sTWAhUJzbwKHUbyDOUQ6AEIcTAN#v=onepage&q=song dynasty steel 125,000&f=false