If ANZAC forces won the Gallipoli Campaign, would they have moved on to capture Constantinople...

If ANZAC forces won the Gallipoli Campaign, would they have moved on to capture Constantinople? Could Aussies have awoken the Marble Emperor?

Constantinople WAS occupied at the end of WWI. That's part of the reason why modern Turkey's capital is Ankara.

there were more than kiwis and kangaroos at Galipoli

Australians meme this battle so hard. There were more French troops involved in the battle than Australians. Everyone pushes it like it was such an awful idea when it could have ended Turkish involvement and given much needed support to the Russians.

because we did more than anyone else.
we are god tier at war, this just happens to be the first battle where we could prove it.

You mean you got BTFO more than anyone else.

The Australian and New Zealander presence is highlighted so much because it was the baptism of fire for their troops.

austraians did the most at gallipoli the french and brits were holding us back

The most what, getting raped?

Someone discussing a topic they know nothing about? On MY/his/?

>god tier at war

This is what I mean 100% Australian schools over represent it way too much you just need to bring up undeniable fact that there were more Brits and Frogs there than there were Australians and they react like this.

It was not the first conflict Australians fought in, the Boer War a decade before involved all the states and eventually a united Australia. More the Brits and Frogs outnumbered the Australians during the campaign.

>But more ANZACs died at muh ANZAC cove!!!!
Because the French and British landed on a different strech of beach baka.

>Issue troops with fucking felt hats in WW1 instead of steel helmets
>take massive casualties and deaths because of ebin money saving strategy
>oh shit how do we explain out fuck up to the public?
>*tips slouch hat*
>*blames the English*

Yeah, none of that really matters. Literally anyone can say "hey look, compare the Persian Invasions to Operation Barbarossa- it's fucking nothing!"
It was a huge deal to Australians at the time, and because of that it passed into Australian culture. The event itself doesn't matter, it's the impact on the vast amount of Australians who weren't there that has had the biggest impact on our country.

>brits and frogs land on different beach
>hurr they were there wit da aussies, they even had more men.
lol get fucked retard. Aussies were the majority at anzac cove. and we held our own.
youre probably just mad because Aussies cucked whatever nation you're from sometime in history. stay mad you little piss ant

>hurr durr crack open a cold one XDDDDDD
I fucking hate this shitty persona you feel like you have to adopt because of /int/ shit. If you're on fucking Veeky Forums, a board make so weeaboos could discuss history you sure as hell wouldn't say painfully stereotypical shit like this in an actual conversation.
>le shitposting capital of the world XDDDDDDD
fuck off

that's how I talk/ type normally
believe it or not the stereotype exists for a reason dickhead.

>hold anzac cove
>an area 1/10th the size of Cape Hellens
>need British assistance to get out of the pocket they literally dug themselves in to

Nationalism is a fucking cancer on every history board.
It's fucking cringeworthy but i find myself doing it too.

t. bogan

>believe it or not the stereotype exists for a reason
To sell plane tickets to Australia to Americans? What a noble reason we should all be proud of as Australians.

not him but i am australian and that's an entirely plausible way for australians to talk

How else are you going to get people to go to your desert? The stromatolites in the lagoon? The reef you destroyed? The giant fucking jellyfish that will kill you if you swim on the beaches?

Nope. Memeing is all you can really do. And hey, you're the best at it, so why not? :)

a-aussies cant f-fight

No one said you can't fight so posting these really had no purpose.

99.99999999999% of the thread is claiming that gayboy

Actually no they aren't. One poster is saying the Gallipoli campaign is over hyped and then people started discussing the annoying habit Australians online have of typing the way they talk, like niggers.

You are either taking things too personally or you can't read. Idiot.

Blame the english for completley fucking up the landing and landing in a fucking shit hole with poor positioning to create a beach head

I think you misunderstand my reasons for posting today

Actually the jellyfish that kill you are almost invisible, it's part of the fun

I know its easy to blame the English but I doubt they deliberately made visibility shit and made the current stronger when the ANZACs were landing. Choose to believe public education memes about how those dastardly Brits deliberately sent Australians in as a distraction for their own landings a hundred miles away tho.

I wish people would shut the fuck up about Gallipoli, the ANZACs served longer and with better results on the Western Front or Beersheba
t. Australian

>a-aussies cant f-fight
I assumed this was meant to imply someone claimed Australians can't fight and so you posted the wiki screenshots to prove the opposite?

When told that this was not the case you said:
>99.99999999999% of the thread is claiming that gayboy
So I assumed my assumption was correct, I must have been wrong. So please tell me why you were posting today.

bump to fuck leftypol