Do you agree with the premise of this book...

Do you agree with the premise of this book? Did Western Civilisation dominate the world because of six factors: competition, science, property rights, medicine, consumption and work ethic?

leaving out the environment seems a bit questionable

Mostly yes.

This.

Though of course succesful people and peoples want to attribute their success to skill and hard work and not luck, even if luck was the most proponent factor in the equation.

no, it's already been scientifically and historically proven that there's only 3 factors:

>guns
>germs
>steel

>property rights
>consumption
>work ethic
I know Ferguson is bankrolled by all the usual suspects but isn't that just a little too obvious?

He admitted he wrote it for 17 year olds.

Its too simplistic leaves out hbd and environment.

>killer apps

niall ferguson spins out shit like this for easy money

I remember watching this when it was a TV documentary.
>We like to think it was techology was the reason for out ascendancy
>changes shot
>but it wasn't that
Then going on to make two/six episodes about science and medicine(more science)

>'The Six Killer Apps of Western Power'
quickest way for me to drop consideration of a nonfiction book is for the author to dress it up with some clickbait-esque tagline to drum up artificial interest
theres so much material out there that stands on their own scholarship that i dont see the point in bothering with stuff designed to sit on a barnes & noble shelf

>Competition
Already a shitty argument.

The premise of this book is very unoriginal and his use of phrase "killer app" makes me cringe.

kek

How?
If anything it was the only factor.

Just science and work ethic tbqh

Yeah, the fact the dominant power of western civilization is a huge mass that dominates a mostly temperate, resource-rich region that has access to two oceans worth of trade has nothing to do with it.

>Jimmy is better than me at math just because he lives in that luxurious house!

But that's not a correct way to describe Great Britain user.

>JEWSA
>western
I'd rather be associated with romanians tbqhwy

As my mother said... White people evolved quicker and gained intelligence quicker since struggle breeds these things and white people struggled from the start I.e the cold freezing climage which they came from

B8

It implies other regions are shiny happy beacons of peace and calm.

WATCH THIS MAN

They had wars too but the infighting of europe from 1000ad to ww1 made it a fucking grinder