Why did the Germans treat the Soviet POWs so poorly? The USSR did sign the Geneva Convention...

Why did the Germans treat the Soviet POWs so poorly? The USSR did sign the Geneva Convention, the German brutality wasn't necessary in any way

P.S. if you'd like, signal your opinion on the German Reich, Allied Forces, and the SU (during the WWII, that is). This could be done in the 'name' field.

Other urls found in this thread:

ihl-databases.icrc.org/ihl/INTRO/300?OpenDocument
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

didn't the USSR not sign the Geneva or Hague Conventions?

I mean it's not an excuse for the Germans to not follow it (which is actually in the text of the treaty), but that's what I read

ihl-databases.icrc.org/ihl/INTRO/300?OpenDocument

the Reich and especially the wehrmacht was not prepared to feed and house millions of POWs and civilians, they knew that, they also knew how many of them need to die to make it manageable

their idea was to have a quick war, those who die during it die, then life can be go back to "normal"

why this was not the case for the captured Brits and the Americans?
the Eastern Front did not have its Battle of Hürtgen Forest
in fact, the German POWs were treated by the Soviets a lot better, why the brutality? what did the Kommissarbefehl even accomplish?

I don't know what I'm trying to see here, it doesn't show the signatures?

poor choice of words in OP, but the Russia is included in State parties (60)

because krauts are barbaric and always were? I don't know why stormniggers even shill them so much
>THEY WERE SO GREAT NOT LIKE THOSE BARBARIC RUSKIES THEY KILLED CIVILIANS IN AN HONORABLE, CIVILIZED FASHION
XD

also krauts are a race of fucking failures
>raped by Romans
>raped by Franks
>raped by French
>raped by Russians
>raped by Jamal and Mahmud at this very moment

woah I'm so impressed

according to the Wikipedia article on Hitler's Commissar Order
>Hitler was well aware that this order was illegal, but personally absolved in advance any soldiers who violated international law in enforcing this order. He claimed that the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 did not apply since the Soviets hadn't signed them.[5] The Soviet Union, as a distinct entity from the Russian Empire, did not, in fact, sign the Geneva Convention of 1929, However, Germany did and was bound by article 82, stating "In case, in time of war, one of the belligerents is not a party to the Convention, its provisions shall nevertheless remain in force as between the belligerents who are parties thereto."

What the hell does Hurtgen forest have to do with anything

what a dick, he sounds like Trump
honestly, it bugs me too
Eastern Europe is pretty backwards, imbecilic, and gullible
but the Germans are really worse

Germans not being vicious murderers? medics from both sides working together? actual people being people?

>Geneva Convention
And?
Its war

A 20th century war in Europe between major powers. You'd expect some form of civility, especially from people who though they're the best of humanity
Nazis and commies were actually allies beforehand

So you have knowledge of WW2 but you can't fathom why conditions might have been different in the West vs East?

That guy in the front looks Asian, how many central Asians fought in the Soviet army during ww2?

why those should be DRASTICALLY different?
war crimes are still war crimes

the numbers are very different, the territory is very different, france holland and belgium could feed those armies

russia could not, compare the allied and german forces in the area in 1940 and 1944-45
there were also no intention of making german settlements in western europe

with the russian-german numbers

not any more than their population in the USSR would imply, they are mostly tatars

what a load of apologist bullshit
the soviets were deliberately murdered, why can't you understand?

Just think for a second

East:
war of ideologies, even official death squads
harsh weather
long-standing history of opposed peoples
dehumanisation
many millions to tend to
very real supply problems

West:
primarily US & British forces, not so drastically opposed ideologically, no death squads
decent weather
fewer prisoners to care for
better history
much better state of supply

etc

It's still strange
The Soviets were their former allies and they had similar, almost the same ideologies

Every part of this sentence has issues:

They had a non-aggression treaty and worked together on a few things, but they were not allies. More like collaborators of circumstance.

'Almost the same ideology' is not even close. Horseshoe theory, I get it, but only in some very broad ways (i.e. both were totalitarian).

their collaboration goes way back, they were major trading partners and they trained their troops together

it's my western frame of thought, I guess
they are pretty close, I don't see your problems with that

No it's not your 'western frame of mind', it's a fact

The USSR collaborated with the US many times during the cold war, that didn't make them allies.

the guy in the picture of the Soviets raising the red banner over the Reichstag was an Uzbek iirc

Total war and racism.

Only reason why they didn't killed them all was so that Russians wouldn't prefer fighting to death.

Because they were treated like animals like they truly are.

They viewed Slavs as sub-humans.

>We are a master race, which must remember that the lowliest German worker is racially and biologically a thousand times more valuable than the population here.

—Erich Koch, March 5th 1943

Germans are the most disgusting European nation. Recognized Slavs as "Asian", and "subhuman" just because they didn't like them, but racially they were and are still more dark pigmented and jewish-looking than them.

Many Siberians, Uzbeks, Tatars and such

>master race
>loses every major conflict
are germans autistic or what

Extremely.

what does that long word mean?

My German isn't great, but I think it's "floor grinding machine rental" not really sure what a floor grinding machine is though.

>P.S, Third Reich General my Aryan Brothers in Arms We Must Stop White Genocide 1488

Have you got any evidence that the Germans treated Soviet POWs poorly?

>Have you got any evidence that the Germans treated Soviet POWs poorly?
here you go
>inb4 fake, shill, RIDF, or whatever /pol/ buzzword you want to use

The Hunger Plan.

Did you even read the "Untermensch" booklet where that picture is from? If you did you wouldn't make those claims about how they viewed Slavs.

Yes, the plethora of witness evidence and the fact that 3 million Soviet solders fucking perished in the German camps.

>germans
*nazis

He knows that retard, he's simply starting the mindset of the Germans, they had no intention of figuring out how to feed the POWs so they simply let them starve.

>>raped by Romans
Unconquered, Teutoberg Forest saw to that
>>raped by Franks
Franks were Germans
>>raped by French
And the rapist of
>>raped by Russians
Fair
>>raped by Jamal and Mahmud at this very moment
Fair