Why are French so ungrateful?

Why are French so ungrateful?
They keep talking shit about British yet British saved them TWICE in 20th century.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYiOCctlPR0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Expeditionary_Force#The_Battle_of_Ypres.2C_1915
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_with_the_enemy_in_the_German-occupied_Channel_Islands
web.archive.org/web/20151017052333/http://marshallfoundation.org/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2014/05/112-gripes-about-the-french.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is not a real thread.

I'm not French but I guess that would be because:

In WW1 Brits only truly started to contribute mid war (1916) and yet act as if they won alone although France was the main entente faction in the war

In WW2, the British professional army ran away at Dunkirk while French conscripts held the Germans to buy them time, and then Britain proceeded to do jack shit until America arrived in 1944

If anything, it's to America rather than to Britain that France owes something

>French resistance collapses due to cowardice and incompetence
>British evacuate their troops
Nothing wrong with that, also BEF played a crucial role in stopping the Germans in 1914.

>also BEF played a crucial role in stopping the Germans in 1914.

Wrong, Britain barely had a role (let alone a decisive one) until 1916

At the First Battle of the Marne there was like 50,000 BEF troops for 1 million French and 1.4 millions Germans

A good number of those evacuated in WW2 were French troops

Agree. I hate the French.

>Britain proceeded to do jack shit until America arrived in 1944

imagine being this uneducated

Are we talking the old French or the new ones? A lot has changed Frogland

Say the Anglos

Your lack of self-awareness is terrifying

t. a non-white that went to both France and UK

You mean America saved them both.

>mfw Britain and France are fighting each others over who is the most enriched by islam

You're in the same sinking boat, faggots

>They keep talking shit about British
trust me we only talk about you on Veeky Forums and /int/
we never talk about you IRL

Hello Juan.

We had to evacuate from the slaughter overwise, well, they'd also be slaughtered you dim wit. It's the Soviets we're most thankful to. 40 million Soviets were slaughtered by the G*rmans.

That's because Britain, until that point, had always had a small but effective army. Then once it became clear old tactics would not work anymore, the British made the long journey to modernising their army.

France created England, the English should be thankful that the French colonized and uplifted them from their previous savage kingdoms

>19/20 of the names are european

Literally 100% of all people with mid east descent are named Muhammed, so its of course disproportionate.

>Literally 100% of all people with mid east descent are named Muhammed

Then explain why London's mayor is named "Sadiq"

>Ethan
>Isla
>Noah
>Not muslim

England is gone, Muhammad

>ethan and noah are muslim names.
t. Vercingetorix

The British army got mowed over in 1914, the British like to talk about Mons (which was hardly even a victory, they delayed the Germans a bit but it was nothing like the miraculous victory the England speak of), but they were destroyed despite numerical superiority at Le Cateau. Their significance in the campaign was minimal until years into the war.

imagine being this anglo

True.

However how many british soldiers used their knives and bayonets to kick some french out of the departing ships to pick up only their fellows?

And mark my word, i'm not making shit up because, it really did took place user

>wow look here's a disastorous slaughter from ww1
>it's so unique
Slaughters and massive failures were extremely common on both sides, user. If Britain wasn't in the war, the same as in WW2, it would have been lost.

Makes sense. An army which speaks the same language is more effective than one which can't understand each other.

For WW2 it's quite simple. The British favoured for quite a long time Germany against France. Even if France wanted to stop Hitler as soon as 1933, the UK wouldn't let them do it. This was quite clear for the French when the UK signed a naval treaty with Germany. The treaty itself wasn't a big deal, but it was very symbolic because it was :
1-against what was agreed by the treaty of Versailles.
2-signed the 18 June 1935, exactly a century after the battle of Waterloo in which a coalition of British and German forces defeated the French. It couldn't be a coincidence.

After that the British began to understand Hitler couldn't be trusted but it was too late. When the UK decided to declare on Germany, France wasn't ready yet, but forced to fight too.
Finally, the UK didn't send enough men in France. If I remember correctly the BEF consisted of 500 000 men, it's a big help, but that is not enough considering the differential of population. Hence the feeling France was sacrificed by both the UK and the USSR who hoped France would exhaust the Germans, as she had done in WW1.

>Britain was relevant in WW2

lol

With the exception of when brits were on the sea during the Battle of the Atlantic or bombing over Germany or fighting in North Africa and Crete, what user says is partially true

Even if you're crying about how america did everything in ww2, which they didn't, America would't had even been able to land their troops into Europe if it wasn't for Britain.

You post in every thread. This is sad.

Sus à l'Anglais!
They died honorably for nothing in WW1.
They did great at saving their ass in WW2. (pic semi related)

The contention was that the English had a "small but effective army"
The English army was small
effective?
not nearly as much as the English like to think it was

>our only use was as an airfield and naval base for the americans!
oh how the "empire on which the sun never set" had fallen

It's a pretty popular opinion
You mist be retarded if you think that's just one guy

Actually, British women played a major role in relieving US troops from stress

We've won a war against every country in the world. Also British, not just English.
youtube.com/watch?v=nYiOCctlPR0

I literally just said the Americans didn't do much. Fucking american iq

>saved them TWICE in 20th century
Once. Running away doesn't count as saving.

Even in WW1 they didnt save anyone
They helped at most

>We've won a war against every country in the world

Now, tell us how many countries you defeated by yourself (aka not as a part of a large coalition that did most of the job)

British contribution in the WW2
>poland - sit in france and sip tea while poles fight
>norway - bravely run away from germans
>atlantic - got their asses kicked until the canadians and americans showed up
>france - bravely run away from germans 2 - the return of retreat
>battle of britain - only won because of foreign volunteers and kraut autism, probably nearest that they came to being useful
>southeast asia - get btfo by couple tojos armed with ww1 vintage equipment
>north africa - got their ass kicked until yanks showed up to save them
>italy - offered minor moral support to americans who did the fighting
>western europe - sat back and let canadians and americans do fighting for them

Every country in the world.

Lmao
You would probably have hard time citing a single war in Europe Britain won by itself
Britain would merely join the most numerous side in every war and let its allies do the work

Just a reminder that the British kindly evacuated hundreds of thousands of French soldiers, who promptly returned to Germany and surrendered instead of continuing the fight.

>implying staying behind a channel is better than actually contributing to the war.

How is surrendering contributing?

>kindly
More like a due reward for French conscripts (aka civilians in arms) covering the running away of British professional (aka well trained and paid to fight) troops

>who promptly returned to Germany and surrendered instead of continuing the fight.
They were redeployed in France where the battle was still going
Some got killed, some surrendered, but that's hardly any worse than what British troops were doing in the meantime (sitting in England)

>They were redeployed in France where the battle was still going
No they weren't and no it wasn't.

What the fuck are you talking about? I wouldn't even consider making comments about a subject I was so clueless on.

>No they weren't
Yes they were, you fucking retard
Most French troops evacuated at Dunkirk were sent back to France where the battle was still going
The meme of "they went back there and surrendered" you just spouted comes from the fact some of the troops that returned to France were captured by the Germans in the later stages of the battle

>and no it wasn't.
No you have to be trolling, surely you can't be that uneducated....
The Durkirk evacuation ended on June 4, while the Battle of France ended on June 25
You British faggot fled the battle a month before it ended

>and no it wasn't.

Ever heard of Fall Rot?
The invasion of France didn't end with Dunkirk

>We have numerous of your ww1 cemeteries in our country
2bh one thing that makes me feel all warm inside is that the Canadian Expeditionary Force was most likely the best, if not one of the best fighting forces in ww1

>WW1
>brits fight along with 5 of its main dominions approximately on 20% of the front
>we saved your asses
We have numerous of ww1 brits and commonwealth cemeteries in our country. No need to remind us about it, we already know what they've done for us BUT we also have plenty of french cemeteries in here if you know what i mean

>WW2
>muh Battle of Britain glosses over literally everything that happened before except Dunkirk
>we saved your asses
Pick a single individual in the UK and question him about what happened between in France before Dunkirk, nobody could answer. Dynamo was the best thing to do though imo. Furthermore Britain along with the burgers later and until the end of the war carried on stopping France at every turn politically speaking which means as a result military speaking, in order to achieve their own political ends

>2017
>Britfags actually invented "french bashing" (which has spread into the US in 2003 before the Iraq War) quite likely for economical purposes and basically because they are still butthurt about 1066 and 1776
>Why are French so ungrateful?
When it is comes to modern propaganda and distorted History and making fun of others, we are as stupid as you are. You reap what you sow i'd say

i'm personnaly and unironically not ungrateful but mate, brits didn't save our asses. the US did and at the same time YOURS too: in ww1 by basically just showing their head over the parapet thus scaring the shit out of the germans, getting fatalities in the process; and in WW2 by pouring equipment and bombing all over the place and messing up our nice beaches with their blood

>the Canadian Expeditionary Force was most likely the best, if not one of the best fighting forces in ww1
Calm down. They had a (very) high death rate, but it was a drop in the ocean.

>cant handle the banter
LAMO

Same reason as the British, neither side ever got over the Hundred Years War.

The real war was between Germany and France.

They were grinding eachother into bloody nubs and Britain (as usual) claims all credit and burden, while simultaneously whining. Worse than WWII Americans in Europe.

sage

>They had a (very) high death rate
well that's mostly due to the style of warfare and the operations they had to undertake
>In April 1915, they were introduced to yet another facet of modern war, gas. The Germans employed chlorine gas to create a hole in the French lines adjacent to the Canadian force and poured troops into the gap. The Canadians, operating for the most part in small groups and under local commanders, fired into the flanks of the German advance, forcing it to turn its attention onto the Canadian sector. For three days, Canadian and reinforcing British units fought to contain the penetration with a series of confused and suicidally brave counter-attacks while using handkerchiefs soaked in urine to neutralize effects of the gas. What the Canadians lacked in expertise, they made up for in sheer guts and determination. One in every three of them became a casualty.
this was their first real battle in the war (Ypres), and they literally wore piss rags and ran suicidal operations to hold the line, and most of these decisions were on the ground and with decentralized communication, as the officers were retarded (which was a prerequisite of the British Empire of course)

It's difficult hard to pinpoint any specific national force as "great" due to the nature of the war, but considering the fact that most Canadian troops and officers had minimal training but were very quick to adapt to the nature of the western front, while creating and executing tactical doctrine like the creeping barraage so effectively, while having a pretty damn good success rate wherever they went, is what sticks out to me

also, the general patriotism around the Canadian war effort gives me a pride chub, before the required 20k troop conscription message was even declared, over 100k Canadians had already enlisted, and over 600k of a 8m population country ended up serving, which is a pretty high ratio for a non-european nation involved in the war

forgot link for greentext
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Expeditionary_Force#The_Battle_of_Ypres.2C_1915

and also, Canada of all cunts was the first colonial force to defeat a european power on european soil

>The Canadians developed a great respect for gas and over the duration of the war, they became particularly adept in its use.
tfw the Canadians were the proto-nazis

fun fact, the germans called the CEF troops stormtroopers also

>French soldiers
>returned to Germany
>surrendered
what the fuck are you smoking?

let me get you this straight would you
>France has fallen and politically collapsed. The Resistance and Free French Army does not even exist at this moment
>Some conscripts and NOT the professional soldiers return to France to meet up with their families, because what to do? The brits don't give a shit about us now and even start blaming us straight away for the failure
>German seized a huge amount of files thus knowing who was in the army and who was not
>German threaten the whole family if the soldier don't turn himself as a pow
>you can't hide in the woods waiting the proper Resistance do be created
>PoW camp then
>and do not try to escape because we know where your family is

I dream of an alternative world where the UK is invaded and destroyed by german and 22 years afterwards the UK is invaded and destroyed and occupied by the same german, to see how great the british would handle that situation

>I dream of an alternative world where the UK is invaded and destroyed by german and 22 years afterwards the UK is invaded and destroyed and occupied by the same german, to see how great the british would handle that situation

No need to be this buttdevasted m8
Anyone sane knows the UK has always been shit at land warfare and would've been conquered within a week had they shared a land border with the continent

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_with_the_enemy_in_the_German-occupied_Channel_Islands

It's not even true, because we could have used Iceland.

>Anonymous
>09/27/17(Wed)20:43:50 No.3450464 Anonymous 09/27/17(Wed)20:43:50 No.3450464
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_with_the_enemy_in_the_German-occupied_Channel_Islands
Was this article literally written by the Eternal Anglo itself or something? Sweet Jesus.

>Canadian Expeditionary Force was most likely the best, if not one of the best fighting forces in ww1
Don't you mean the AIF, mate? :^)

>how many british soldiers used their knives and bayonets to kick some french out of the departing ships to pick up only their fellows?

Did that happen? I don't believe that.

It did. My grandad was at Dunkirk. He got awarded the Croix de guerre medal after the war ended for saving his officer's life in the pocket of Dunkirk (my dad still have it proudly displayed at his home). When all was lost for good he tried to make his way out of this mess along with some comrades and it happened to them. This event might has saved his life though as that particular ship he was trying to climb on was hit once by an aircraft while he reached the beach back. He couldn't recall the fate of that ship whether it sunk or survived. He got eventually captured and had to fucking literally WALK ALL THE WAY through Belgium and Germany to a pow camp somewhere in East Silesia seeing few pow's getting shot down in the process because they couldn't make it.

>i'm making shit up because you know, internets

No kidding, that's what he told. He's gone now. War is hell and obnoxious behavior occurs. I'm not even angry towards the british. I mean it hapenned to him, not me. My dad loathes the british though

Really warms my heart

in fact, the french are more responsible than the british in this story. but still, both french and british fooled around

This bullshit only came about after the second war when France realised that the US wanted to enforce their own vision of Europe without any regard for them. About the same time the surrender monkey meme came about

That and the usual conflict caused by foreign soldiers being stationed in your country

Some fun: 112 Gripes about the French - a book made to stop the GIs from getting butthurt over the frogs.

web.archive.org/web/20151017052333/http://marshallfoundation.org/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2014/05/112-gripes-about-the-french.pdf

>You British faggot fled the battle a month before it ended

Did the British know that that the French who held out for half a decade in the previous war would fold in roughly a month?

They probably did by that point
The British ran away to begin with because the situation was shit

>They probably did by that point
What makes you think that?

>The British ran away to begin with because the situation was shit

What should they have done?

>What makes you think that?
The fact the British ran away

>What should they have done?
Be good at war (or avoid starting a war if they werent)

>Ah yes Pierre we saved you hahah hah ha

>The fact the British ran away
Whats the difference between that and a retreat, like the French in the phoney war?

>Be good at war (or avoid starting a war if they werent)

Would being good at war mean refusing to ever retreat even when encircled on land?

When you're good at war you don't get encircled, you encircle

>When you're good at war you don't get encircled, you encircle

So which countries during WWII were good at war then?

Germany, Japan (encircled Brits thank to bicycles at Singapore), Soviet Union and America

So by your own reasoning there was no good army during the Second World War?

>Germany,

Were encircled numerous times by the Soviets most devastatingly at Stalingrad with the 6th Army.

>Japan
Were encircled by the Soviets and even by the ramshackle Chinese army

> Soviet Union

Were devastated by encirclement during the early stages of the War against the Germans

>America

Got encircled during the battle of the bulge.

Brits were well aware of the negative mood and defeatism within the french army

When you recall of what happened in the trenches of ww1 (which is understandable and apllies for both sides, brits and froggies). When you see your allies taking the sea to get the hell out of here (which was the right and only thing to do btw). And besides that, a high command that is blinded by its own pride. Those make a perfect soldier with nerves of steel and a very high morale who can carry on the fight for 4 years.

The brits knew the french army was bound to collapse and later blamed only the french for this huge failure as soon as the battle of Britain was won (which is conceivable) but in a way that says "Look frogs, that's how you should have treated it"

>France was the main entente faction in the war
You literally only fought on one fucking front
Britain, meanwhile, had to carry the fight on the sea, in the air, in the colonies, in the Balkans and in the Middle East
And it did that all while maintaining crucial parts of the Western Front.

>ywn be an american airman getting prime english pussy in between firebombing germans
fuck it just end it now man

>You
Stop acting as if there were flags on this board

>literally only fought on one fucking front
Wrong, fucking retard
France fought on every front except East Asia (where barely anything happened) and was the leader on the Western Front (most important theater) and the Balkans Front (3rd most important theater)

>Britain, meanwhile, had to carry the fight on the sea, in the air, in the colonies, in the Balkans and in the Middle East
Seriously kys, huge faggot
France was the main aerial power within the Entente (first and largest air force, first to use MGs on aircrafts, highest ranking allied ace...etc) and the most important Entente power in the Balkans
At least before spouting bullshit straight outta BF1, do a little research

You post this every thread. Stop.

>You literally only fought on one fucking front

Retard pls
France fought on basically every front except the Eastern one

>making us look bad

>on the sea
France took part in it, in minor respects regarding the Royal Navy involvment, you're true on this one but still

>in the air
Only british aircrafts in the air, you sure? Come on

>in the colonies
Egypt and that's all

>Balkans
French were on the Salonik front as well you idiot. And ever heard of the Dardannelles? French were there too

>Middle East
If you're talking about modern Israel then yes

2/10

>mfw even with the huge quantity of documents about ww1 you always have to correct the idiocy

Maybe we would have

SURRENDERED

like you pansies always do. But I doubt it. Now go suck some German cock, just like granny did.

A “classic” Anglo-Frog shitstorm

When will americans stop pretending to be from more relevant countries

its not their fault they were always on the right side

>poland - sit in france and sip tea while poles fight
>norway - bravely run away from germans
>atlantic - got their asses kicked until the canadians and americans showed up
>france - bravely run away from germans 2 - the return of retreat
true
>battle of britain - only won because of foreign volunteers and kraut autism, probably nearest that they came to being useful
t.Country that was never terror bombed. Not even ONCE.
>southeast asia - get btfo by couple tojos armed with ww1 vintage equipment
That particular instance was pretty stupid, but you should never underestimate the Nippons.
>north africa - got their ass kicked until yanks showed up to save them
No?
>italy - offered minor moral support to americans who did the fighting
Wrong. Don't know were you got that idea from
>western europe - sat back and let canadians and americans do fighting for them
The fuck? Just NO.

t.German

>18 June 1935, exactly a century after the battle of Waterloo
>exactly a century
More like 120 years you mong

Is this post a primary source?

go back to your bedroom kiddo, grown-ups are talking here

How about the fact that they barely won air superiority over the Luftwaffe?

wew