How would WW2 have been different if the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact was never broken?

How would WW2 have been different if the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact was never broken?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tHH0kfJi3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Operation Unthinkable is fast tracked (after the Nazi's are swiftly brushed aside) and the USSR gets nuked into oblivion, the US flag flies high over Moscow and Eisenhower becomes supreme leader of the entire planet.

For the last time, Nazis does not need a fucking apostrophe!!

Depends on what the free resources would've been located. If it would have been more and deeper defense on the channel coastline or in northern Africa, it could've changed the length and maybe the outcome of the war.

Well, assuming that Germany doesn't bankrupt itself trying to keep up with the trade provisos (I know they had trouble, but I'm not up on the exact details), you'll likely see the African front play out more or less as historically, as the axis had little ability to project more force than they already did, the main limits were in the form of the local infrastructure and the number of troops it could effectively support.

The Battle of Britain is likely to continue on longer but more of the same without the need to commit to an invasion of the USSR once the weather clears in 1941. Eventually though, rising British aerial production and the American involvement make further offensive aerial posture untenable. However, without the massive commitments of the Eastern Front, an invasion of the European mainland remains unfeasible, possibly forever. The Anglo-Allies are likely to intensify their own air efforts, which will probably go nuclear in the summer of 1945. At that point, it's hard to say what would happen. Hitler personally is unlikely to give in to anything given his historic refusal to surrender and his stance about how Germany was winning WW1 before they got stabbed in the back. Whether or not Germany surrenders to an atomic air offensive is likely to hinge on whether or not someone can remove Hitler from power.

>An invasion of the European mainland remains unfeasible, possibly forever.
Wouldn't that possibly have ended that scenario in somewhat of a stalemate and maybe peace negotiations once the Brits realize, they can't take back Europe even with the help of the US? Or is that just still too outlandish?

It's not particularly feasible. For starters, shortly after America enters the war, the British aren't the main policy makers on the western side anymore. Secondly, the Nazi government had repeatedly demonstrated that it could not be trusted. Post-Munich, nobody was going to give them another chance, or was willing to de-escalate.

Add into that Bomber Command's repeated insistence and attempts to win the war without landing at all, and the long term projections all being in the Anglo-Americans favor, and you're not going to see much of a sense of needing to end things and sending out peace feelers.

Germany couldn't afford it.

Well, I remember watching an alternative scenario short documentary where Polish-French-British-American-Japanese alliance defeats Ribbentrop-Molotov pact. Its bullshit as fuck to ever happen, but sounds interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=1tHH0kfJi3c
>1939
>Poland signs an anti-Soviet defensive pact with Japan
>Germans invade Poland as they did
>Poles settle more solid defences deeper in the country, on Vistula line
>Soviets invade Poland as they did
>Next day Japs obliterate Soviet fleet in Vladivostok, and invade USSR from Manchuria
>Ukrainian and Belorussian divisions of Polish army decimate invading Soviet forces, Soviet morale brakes
>Stalin negotiates an armistice with Poles
>Germans are inable to brake the Vistula line
>Poles are supplied by western allies via Romania
>Tired of French passivity, British convinve Americans to intervene in Europe
>USEF arrive in Europe in spring 1940
>Allies send fake informations about planned Patton's offensive in Ardennes
>On 6th june 1940 US forces land in German occupied northern Poland
>Poles make a counteroffensive, meet allies at Noteć river
>Polish air forces bomb Berlin
>Hitler is overthrown in a coup and Germany capitulates
>Allies begin their offensive on Moscow, fastened by uprisngs in Soviet Belorussia and Ukraine
>Allies capture Minsk and Kiev, Japanese conquer Siberia
>Allies recieve Soviet capitulation in Moscow, Soviet republics gain independence
>Victory parade in Warsaw
>Patton wins US elections, after his popularity rises
>Big four (Hirohito, Churchill, Patton, Moscicki) decide to form conservative EU
>Nazi and Soviet war criminals are tried in Nurnberg

Wet dream of a Polish ultranationalist

The Soviets would've broken it

>t. pole

[citation needed]

> I am so fucking genius, this agreement should surely stop the Nazi danger

> lmao I don't know what I am doing as usual, but if Koba tells me sign this, I sign, or I will be put in the gulag

> I actually wanted to be a composer

Yes it does.

kek'd

Fucking retard. Probably a burger.

Lol, pooland

Fuck off back to your containment board.

USSR and Deutchland do not fight. Deutchland cleans up in Europe. 5-10 years later, Deutchland has a continent wide empire and invades USSR. USSR cannot face the Third Reich and falls. It's citizens are mostly massacred or enslaved.

i think you'd have to cut him in two for that.

Atom bombs on Berlin.

> for a greater tomorrow

This would only work with Strasser instead of Hitler.

cringe

UK initiates Operation Vegetarian and after 1945 Germany gets nuked a few times a year. Either they give up or the US invades a dead continent.

This would have only happened if Britain and France declared war on the USSR, sorry Poland.

Whoag

I got two scenarios

>no eastern-front allows nazis to put more pressure on the western-front
>soviets keep providing raw material to the nazis like they did even when barbarossa started
>nazis pour more resources on africa and the luftwaffe
>a war of bombers starts where shit like dresden becomes routine in both germany and britain
>eventually yanks figure out the bomb
>soviet spies were sending info back home just like in our times
>soviet and nazis joint-develop a bomb faster than the soviets did alone
>a bomb goes off in berlin, but soon another goes off in london
>eventually both sides reach a stalemate like the coldwar
>nazis are only "friends" with the soviets because they too have the bomb now and the allies will never join them
>the world is divided between the allies and a nazi-led warsaw pact of sorts that goes from france to half of poland, and the soviet union which are only on their side because stalin hates the allies more than he hates hitler

>polish delusions.

>>soviets keep providing raw material to the nazis like they did even when barbarossa started
Soviets were going to cut off the supplies as Germany was unable to pay.

Fuck I forgot scenario 2, here it goes:

>no eastern-front allows nazis to put more pressure on the western-front
>soviets keep providing raw material to the nazis like they did even when barbarossa started
>despite this the nazis are getting their shit kicked in by the bombing campaigns
>the 20 July plot works, hitler is dead
>the almost-nazis now in power call the allies
>accept to retreat from france and other invaded countries
>have to de-nazify, germans accept as long as nobody gets executed or goes to jail
>holocaust cancelled, will have to held elections be nice and shit
>churchill supports the deal because he sees commies as a bigger threat and germany could act as a buffer in case of invasion
>deal signed, the east becomes a weird place, poland is now divided between a western poland ruled by the exiles under capitalism and eastern poland under the soviets and communism
>japan refuses to enter the deal and giving up most of its empire, gets bombed and nuked to hell and surrenders like in our timeline
>soviets get the bomb in 1949, coldwar starts
>germany regrets nothing, the holocaust is considered to be a minor problem comparable to britain's boer concentration camps since the final solution didn't happen
>still the krauts have to pay reparations to france again as per the deal
>west poland becomes an economic powerhouse similar to how west germany did
>the allies refuse to share new miltech with germany over defense concerns
>germany still figures out the bomb independently much like france did
>britain still loses most of its empire due to anticolonialist efforts financed by the soviets
>in turn there is no warsaw pact because those countries are not taken by the soviets
>cold war has a relatively smaller USSR against a NATO that included most of eastern europe except for ukraine and half of poland

Source? first time I hear that

>Source? first time I hear that
And the next time will the first time you read a book.

Man, you really showed him! So cool!
How about a source, though?

Nigger if you bring bullshit you better have the means to back that shit

You don't, fuck off retard. I already checked everywhere and practically all sources point at hitler going full sperg over "muh commie jews"

After 5 years, the soviets would have enough industry to defeat the Germans, plus Germany still has to fight USA and Britain in air, plus occupy all this uppity territory. That was the original soviet plan btw, wait to attack

Not him but are you guys serious? It's not like we are talking about some secret history.

Sources you faggots, that's all I'm asking

Stop stalling

we wouldnt.we are people of our word. not like these faggy gayropeans who have no honor.

Why don't you start by googling, or reading the wikipedia? It's common knowledge that Germans were not paying, and the Soviets even stopped deliveries at some point.
Or go read Tooze, something anyone interested in the WW2 should've done anyway.