Recently the number of slavic people returning to the old faith is going through the roof...

recently the number of slavic people returning to the old faith is going through the roof. day by day the numbers keep booming.

could there be a neopagan trend throughout europe? how often has this historically happened? how will this affect the future?

MY

I honestly don't care about the "hurr LARPing" label, I say this as a nominal Greek Orthodox Christian: European paganism is fucking cool. It pains me sometimes to realize what we lost.

>Slavs resent Western Civilization

Wow, how surprising.

>tiki torches

they're just larping

tho unlike regular larpers these guys get laid and have orgies and shit, it's larping for hippie chads basically

all Slavs are chads.

North Slavs are incels

How so?

>tiki torches
lmao
>I say this as a nominal Greek Orthodox Christian: European paganism is fucking cool. It pains me sometimes to realize what we lost.
You cannot hold this view and be a true Christian, it just shows how attitudes to religion have evolved. Neo-paganism is LARPing because it is farcical, there's simply not enough evidence about how these religions were practiced(and this practice probably varied even among individual tribes). So instead, neo-pagans practice a modern abstraction. Because it is a modern abstraction, it is utterly meaningless.

If human knowledge was wiped clean and in a thousand years you had neo-christians waving a cross with no bible and praising someone called Jesus with little to no knowledge about Christian practices or biblical history, it wouldn't be Christianity because there's no context for the behavior. It's meaningless.

im not ;_;

Polish women in Britain intermarry 25% of the time.
Polish men? 5%

t. slavicized germanic

>wanting to marry britshit women
Are you delusional? No one wants those beasts, not even the Brits.

Why do you think Brits sailed so much? To avoid their disgusting cunts.

>China
>that high

Bullshit.

My issue with Christianity is the universalism and cuckery of the Church(es) more than anything else. I can't a Church that says you need to become a minority in your own country seriously anymore.

>If human knowledge was wiped clean and in a thousand years you had neo-christians waving a cross with no bible and praising someone called Jesus with little to no knowledge about Christian practices or biblical history, it wouldn't be Christianity because there's no context for the behavior. It's meaningless.

Literally all that is needed for it to have meaning is genuine and heartfelt love of one's ancestors, that's it. That is the principle of ancestor worship.

i like british girls, they're awesome

it's probably because im into non-traditional women

hardly a surprise considering what shitty treatment Slavs received from western european contries.

>Literally all that is needed for it to have meaning is genuine and heartfelt love of one's ancestors, that's it. That is the principle of ancestor worship.

This is a modern abstraction. Nearly all knowledge on Germanic/Slavic pagans is offered by Christian sources, and the writers of these sources often articulated their perception of pagan practices in ways that made them seem uncannily similar to old meditteranean paganism. Is this a coincidence? Does a Roman worshipping a Hellenic pantheon practice his religion in the same way an Obotrite on the edge of the Baltic does? It doesn't seem likely.

You can say all pagan worship requires is a heartfelt love of one's ancestors, but to say this meaningfully reflects the religious practices of people several centuries ago is deluded.

I'm Greek. Gemistus Plethon articulated upon a return to paganism for us just 500 years ago, relatively recently in the grand scheme of things.

>last thread was a shitshow where people non-stop laughed at you
>pretend nothing happened and make a new one

why is proselytizing allowed

Mediterranean paganism(Roman, Greek) is a different matter because there's a lot more evidence for it in comparison to say Nordic Paganism. But I would argue that Greek Orthodoxy is a lot more relevant to Greek identity and a return to paganism would share some of the flaws that northern European neo-paganism has. Also, there's an irony in turning to neo-paganism to honour ancestors as a Greek/Italian when Christianity was so much more relevant to your ancestors.

If it sounds like i'm championing Christianity here I don't mean to. I'm agnostic, I just think neo-paganism is embarrassing.

>Nigeria
wew

Meant for

maybe it's entertaining, but in the sense of explaining where we come from and what our purpose is, it is probably the most retarded shit you could come up with.

>but in the sense of explaining where we come from and what our purpose is

I honestly couldn't think of a more organic tradition, or pragmatic one than ancestor worship.

Your ancestors are the reason you exist. You are the sum total of them, in a way. Ancestor worship is good because it reminds us of this. Unfortunately because people today are alienated from their history, that's why you have self-hatred.

Fair enough.

>implying slavic paganism is based on ancestor worship

Paganism is not ancestor worship, it's like believing in Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

Harry Potter is the opposite of paganism since it postulates an egalitarian (unnatural) and universalist (non-ethnic) worldview.

Lord of the Rings, maybe.

Imo the ancient greek philosophers were closer to any truth than paganism or abrahamism. Same for the Buddha, Laozi and other philosophers in relation to their particular religious traditions

Makis the same thread all over again should be a bannable offense.

Raping women doesn't makes you a Chad

>raping

Bump

"Paganism" is any non-Abrahamic religion.

Isn't all religious activity basically just larping?

I mean, look at Christianity; The whole ritual of communion is about the priest role-playing as Jesus and reenacting what Jesus did at the Last Supper.