ITT: shit that makes you roll your eyes

ITT: shit that makes you roll your eyes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_during_the_Viking_Age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard
theconversation.com/vikings-were-never-the-pure-bred-master-race-white-supremacists-like-to-portray-84455
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is always something really cringing like "we have evidence that a Viking may have once talked to a black person, so it is safe to assume that they were at least 25% black."

the fact that they keep instrumentalizing scientific discoveries to score some points in their petty politics is the main reason I avoid pop science media.

The conversation is pure fucking filth

"We've found an Islamic ring from the viking era suggesting that the Islam reached the nordic region before Christianity"

But like, the OP's assertion on its own is completely legit. The Vikings didn't give a shit about racial purity and happily intermingled with whomever was around. Most of those were people very much like themselves, but certainly not all of them were.

The racist, confronted with such a headline, immediately jumps to the conclusion that the article, which he has not read, refers to vikings interacting with black people and not the myriad other cultures and peoples which would make so much more sense. Sad.

>But like,
Reddit.

It is pretty fucking silly I know.

There's no way such a thing as trading existed, the ring being there means they must have been Arabic and converted to Islam, not just an expensive ring, no, couldn't have been.

It's a trivial factoid only touted around because it could shatter the fantasies of some hypothetical nordicist manchildren who might be reading The Conversation by mistake.
The real delusional fantasy is that this sort of article benefits anyone.

This thread.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_during_the_Viking_Age
Lays out the Middle Eastern trade pretty succinctly, it's worth a read for anyone who wants to take a step past /pol/ posting

Oh fuck off.

Oh, fuck off.*

It must refer to the high amount of Gaelic DNA for Icelanders and what not, article's pretty stupid by referring to white nationalists when it was just other whites "mixing".

Well, in places like Iceland, people are half-celtic

>that pic
Nice, at least he didn't become a self-hating kike.

>the vikings traded with muslims therefore they converted to islam
>anyone who disagrees is racist or /pol/
OP pic and this is obviously bullshit

sometimes I think leftists are not traumatized by racism to the point they don't really see how they are wrong, rather it is like a test to see how much they can get away with, like in Stalinist Russia when they would say "Chekov was a capitalist imperialist spy all along" even though he risked life and limb in the revolution and you have to sit and nod your head and say "oh yeah, totally true comrade" or you're next

What point are you trying to make exactly? That the wikipedia article I linked is wrong?

People who look for retarded "news" sites to screencap from their phones and shitpost on Veeky Forums.

>I hate "leftists"!
>I'm going to obsess over everything they do and why its wrong since it makes me feel better about myself!
>anybody who disagrees is a leftist!

>Oh,
Just stay on plebbit, ok?

Are you illiterate? It's rather obvious what that user is trying to say.

Phones should of never gone onto the internet.

I wish they at least had the decency to crop that Facebook shit out, but no, they're too stupid to do at least that.

WE WUZ VI-KANGZ N SHEEIIT!

That's not what that article said...

I get the guy who posted the Wiki link can't see through blatant sarcasm, but I don't believe he's pushing shit like OP's pic. He's a retard who can't see through sarcasm, but not a fucking faggot that's pushing petty political boot licking factoid that's most likely owned by Russians, who call themselves British, who are pushing dissidence in countries to cause instability and making them easier to control through one means or another.

this wreaks of fedora

>ok?
redditor detected

people still tend to have an in-group preference. i don't even think there's much evidence of admixture in their na colonies or elsewhere for the most part.

Reminder that Mary Beard defended this

t. triggered leftist

LE PLEBBIT GLEBBIT RIBBIT RABBIT NIGGIT HABIT BABBIT LE XDDDDDD!!!!!

ABC has a new show proving L. Ericson was actually a black lesbian, and Odin was aboriginal from bangalore. In other news jews are chosen by god and CAN commit crime on you according to them

this fucking idiots think about history like a fantasy rpg. they probably think that the vikings lived together with redguards, altmer and kajhiit in the imperial city.

Iceland was settled by Vikings stealing celtic women, but they've also found mtDNA present in the population that correspond to native haplogroups

>I've never heard of the Varangian guard
retard/10
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard

Of course, there is no evidence of vikings mixing with other peoples. Especially not in their colonies in the British Iles, Normandy, Russia, the Baltic States and Sicily.

Reminder that 95% of the views were from Veeky Forums.

theconversation.com/vikings-were-never-the-pure-bred-master-race-white-supremacists-like-to-portray-84455

anyone with anti american sentiment

now this I would not doubt

imagine getting this buttflustered at being called out

I think you need to take a break from Veeky Forums

How do you discard your previous values and way of thinking just because you found out something in your ancestry?

The amount of communists on this board.

Probably pretty easily when your former identity is based on your ethnicity

>the conversation
Literally the worst news group ever.
That being said, I hate viKANGZ.

"We found some black skeletons a mass roman grave in Britain, this proves that Britain has always been multicultural"

This is the one being pushed a lot here right now.

I had a professor (focus on women in medeival England, so grain of salt) told me that Norse traders thought Islamic headscarves were fashionable, and so it apparently trended with women in Norse Dublin for a while

>all those subhumans dying
wtf I love communism now

Christian women wore head coverings too. Also, I doubt Muslim women were wearing open faced head scarves, and not niqabs

Seriously, why do they hate white people so much?

Because they are Nazis.

There were some slavic vikings so it makes sense

The specific article user is talking about literally went
>we found an Arabic ring in a woman's grave
>this means that interracial marriages existed even in viking societies

>shit that make you roll your eyes

Phoneposting