Have no real opinion on Marcus Antonius

>Have no real opinion on Marcus Antonius
>Just another Roman dude
>Start reading Cicero
>Realize Cicero is awesome
>Find out Marcus Antonius ordered his death
>Hate him with a firey passion now

Cicero was a hack

Yes. Cicero was right all along. Augustus agreed.

You're just jealous because you'll never rise up from being a country bumpkin to a consul of Rome with only the power of sick bants.

Cicero was that kid that tried too hard to fit in, to the point of acting like a buffoon.
>H-hey guys, can I into consul too?
>Yeah
>SWEET, WOAH THE REPUBLIC IS THE BEEZLE FO SNIZZLE MY DUDES, NOT BEING A CONSUL IS FOR FAGETS AMIRITE? HAHA
>Wat
Some "hero of the republic", executing citizens without proper trial. He was a tryhard sperg.

>executing citizens without proper trial.

{{citation needed}}

Surely you must know of the Cataline Conspiracy and how Cicero had the accused conspirators executed without trial after being granted emergency powers by the Senate? He was eventually exiled from the city because of this, although Cato pulled some strings to get him back.

>Start reading Cicero
>Realize Cicero is awesome
Toppest fucking kek.

>THE BEEZLE FO SNIZZLE MY DUDES
cringe

I am so sorry for you if you know tryhards like that

Oh user, are you seriously trying to imply any act forced through the people's assemblies by Clodius to be anything more than mere mob rule? Cicero was exiled because a violent demagogue had a grudge against him, and the tacit support of Pompey who also bore a grudge.
We can argue about whether Cicero was right about the executions, but not about Clodius being anything more than a thug using gang violence to legiferate.

>waaahh he’s killing terrorists without being nice to them

I tend to agree with you, but I was just clarifying for the other user.

CICERO DID NOTHING WRONG. The senate literally gave him the authorization those citizens who, may I remind you, literally attempted to carry out a coup. Yeah, the senate didn't have the authorization but to later turn that against him is hypocritical, specially in a decaying and corrupt shithole like the late Roman republic

Cicero was a pussy.
He wasn't a bumpkin, just not from Rome.

Virgin Cicero shouldn't have antagonized Chad Antony

Cicero totally knew. Antony was the only person who cared about Caesar

Wrong, Clodius was Caesar's true soul mate
And Nicomedes IV cared about Caesar too

>Clodius
>Spelling your name in Plebonics

You guys here really love to talk about the rome republic

He was punished for slandering Sardinians, he got off to easy

Looks like my Italian friend's dad

If Cicero actually gave a rat's ass about the Republic he would have realized that it stood no chance whatsoever of surviving under continued Senatorial rule and started a revolt himself to save it from being transformed into tyranny

>If Cicero cared about the Republic he would have destroyed the Republic to prevent somebody else from doing it first

Reminds me of liberal journalists a few years ago

>If Republicans want to be more popular again, they should modernize and support gay marriage, abortion, affirmative action, open borders, 56 pronouns, etc

Basically, become the Democrats except for lower taxes for billionaires. This will totally work in making them more popular.