en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kings_of_Galatia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Empire_of_Haiti
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Empire_of_Haiti
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Haiti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kingdom of Soissons

What EXACTLY is the Kingdom of Burgundy?

An independent Kingdom or some weird freak of Medieval Politics that is actually a feudal holding of France or something.

It was part of the former Carolingian empire that was split between 3 sons of the last emperor.

Why was the Pannonian Basin conquered and settled so much? First it was the Huns (probably Turks) had the Gepids (Germans), Avars (Turks again) and finally the Magyars.
I hear the land is extremely fertile. Was that it?

I like the Normans.
Not really forgotten, but some of their exploits outside of England are, and their whole history is just ridiculous.
>French-speaking Vikings that conquered Southern Italy (from Greek-speaking Romans), then ended up fighting Muslims in Antioch.

>when you dare Charles of Anjou to conquer Albania and the madman goes and does it

>WE WUZ; the thread

Kingdom before the Carolingians though. The Burgundians themselves were absorbed early on.

Imagine a mountain border creating a clearly defined piece of land in an area lacking any real natural borders until you hit the Danube basin. Now also imagine ample rivers flowing through it creating the right conditions for any nomadic society to think twice about continuing on ther conquest.

this kills the Turanist

most turks are genetically armenians and greeks so I doubt they demand %100% mongoloid genes.

feelsbadman.png

>tfw no qt buddhist saka waifu

Most Turks are genetically retarded.

>implying
She's prob Ismali but she's still a qtie
[spoiler] She's a commie though

RIP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champa

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arakan

It's where the Burgundians settled

I think Charlemagne conquered them

What's the deal with Croats from the island of Hvar?

>From the 7th century onwards, the Byzantine Theme of Dalmatia, including Fara, was settled by the Pannonian Avars and Croats. However, the population initially remained culturally Illyro-Roman and part of the Byzantine Roman world. Under the linguistic influence of the newcomers, the official name became Quarra – because the Slavic languages did not originally have the f/-sound. Later, the name was Slavicised further as Hvar.

They have lots of strange Asiatic genes compared to other Slavs too

Originally it was an independent kingdom founded by the Burgundians, a Germanic tribe, during the fall of Rome. It was initially a foederati of Romen and then independent until the Franks conquered it, and then it just became another royal title for them that occasionally became an independent kingdom during the division of the Frankish realm but was ultimately subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. Pretty much the last time it was relevant was when the Duke of Burgundy Charles the Rash tried to petition the Holy Roman Emperor to revive the title for him but this never came to anything.

>shitty Philippines
>shitty Burma

>Gepids (Germans)
>Germans
That's like saying Pakis (British)

Why didn't "Huns (probably Turks)" blast your booty?

Nah the Merovingians were ruling over Burgundians long before Charlemagne

Purepecha Empire, the Aztecs number one rival

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_Empire

Damn nigga. I went to those northern oases and kasghar, but never the south.

How come no one talks about Korean history?

Being either China's or Japan's bitch isn't interesting at all. Plus we hate them for ruining Finnish empire in the hyper war.

If you talk about the 14/15 century dukes of burgundy, they were just French vasalls that eventually concequered/inherited enough Land in the HRE to be stronger than the Kings of France and then thried be become "independent" Kings(the Kingdom granted by the Pope or emperor to legitimize it) But Charles got killed befor he could achive that

That's not something you just throw out there into the public.

Maybe it's not that forgotten here, but almost no one outside knows about the Hittites

stop shoehorning historical ethnic groups into 20th century nationalist equivalents

Kingdom of Lidya

>not a kingdom
>not an empire
>not forgotten
0/3 come back next year

What was exactly going on there? I've heard both that it was a loyalist roman province and a bandit/bagaude band taking over.

>Why was the Pannonian Basin conquered
Not much more than half of Europe
>and settled so much?
Close enough to the euro-asian plains and similar enough for people migrating from there to establish themselve without any extreme change of lifestyle.

Did they fear the fish warrior?

Phrygia always seens to be forgotten.

Are those related to the chichimecas?

In the end this is just Korea, and everyone knows that they exist. If they had some cool empire spawning half of Japan and Manchuria or something like this it would be more mentioned.

Because it triggers Japs and Weebs.

Based Croesus. GOAT character arc.

tell me about the Celtic Empire, Veeky Forums

Lechia was the more or less united Slavic empire. When we Poles, who were the aristocratic and ruling class, finally settled in what became Poland, we kind of just stopped caring about everything outside it and it all fell apart.

Stop it niggers

lol i posted the reddit images again

someone laugh at these reddit images i've posted on here like every other day LOL

Autistic Jappeniggers mad because they can't find a way to mental gymnastics around ancient population flow.

wake up white boy

but seriously i don't know what this image is suggesting

that's wewuzzism at it's finest

What went wrong?

Some retard arab and his wife tried to play empire. Thankfully this time and unlike in the 7th century persians and based romans managed to stop this aberration before it grew up too much.

I think they were hellenized arameans

F

Rip Brabantium

>not a kingdom
>has kings anyway

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kings_of_Galatia

Coastal property is overrated.

Turkic peoples maybe

all of these are in the archeological record so technically none of these are lost/forgotten, thread should be blank

I bet you feel very smart

Thanks Neil

what happened to them anyway?
did they get conquered by the romano-slavo-hungarian warrior?

Magyars conquered the place and eventually converted. Most of the people living in the Avar Kingdom weren't avars anyways.

It's the only place in Europe besides the Ukraine that has grasslands to support mounted archers.

Like said, it has good natural features to encourage settlement.

plz stop

Wtf is this?

huh, ok
when did romanians migrate to transylvania?
after the conquest of dacia?
during the slavic migrations?
after the avars crashed?
if the latters, where did they come from? illyria?

Nobody gives a shit about the Principality and the later Kingdom of the Magyars. Or the First and Second Bulgarian Empires. The Bulgarians and Hungarians were major players in European history as well as cultural powerhouses.

RIP Tui Tonga Empire

HPM will put you in the game one day

whoever built this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

Greco Bactrian Kingdom and the Ferghana Greeks desu.

f sounds is rather rare in slavic languages
avars were already in the region and got raped by oncoming croats, thats all
as for haplogroups they have merely 1% that could be from avars

Dunno.

gokturks

These are not forgotten at all

Ziyarids and Mardavij

Here's the rarest: Republic of Poljica - where my gf's from

I'm sceptical of these Mongol/Turk empires

Were they really empires or just warriors on horsebacks being dicks

Protection schemes.

Basically everyone in those borders are under Gokturk Protection. In exchange for tribute.

Also the borders are conceptual: its really just the range of their influence. The Khagan rode around with a moving capital visiting their subjects and ensuring order.

Addendum: Mongols did have a notion of a capital city though. Which made them unique.

The tibetan empire (not tibet itself) is pretty obscure. I agree about the rest.

It could not be allowed to survive the Crisis of the Third Century as long as Roman Empire lived. Either of them had to fall, due to Palmyra holding too much of fertile lands that Rome needed.

Aegidius, the founder was the magister militum for the Gallic provinces, i.e. the highest ranking military official in the area. It was part of the empire that was separated from Italy by the Burgundians, Goths and independents. Aegidius refused to recognise the new emperor when his superior was murdered by Ricimer and so became de facto independent. The "domain of Soissons" based at Noviodunum devolved slightly from a working Roman province into a loosely held together coalition of regional leaders like officials, bishops and military officers. Aegidius died but his son Syagrius was recognised as a leader despite his lack of any official appointment. A British warlord called Riothamus crossed and served alongside them briefly. The rump state was snuffed out by Clovis, king of the Franks, sparking the change from the Franks being a mere regional player to the most important group in Gaul.

Kingdom of Northumbria

Hey I remember these guys. They were the main allies of Cortez in BTFOing the Aztecs. They're pretty cool.

>when did romanians migrate to transylvania?
They're probably the same people who were living there in the year 0, they just all learned Latin for some reason and never dropped it.

It was nowhere close to being that big lmao.

Fine.

Philippine Island polities then.

Don't think of these as empires/states. It's really just that a band of warriors got particularly large and roamed around forcing everyone to pay tribute to them or suffer a sacking. There was no real capital or state institutions, no coins, no courts/judges, no real influence by the 'center'.

This is also more or less what the "Kingdom of Poland" was before 1350; this is what Lithuania was pre-Union; this is what Kievan Rus was pretty much always; this is what the Avars or Huns were. Almost every steppe nomad empire was a non-state in this fashion, that's why they come and go all of the time.

The other user compared them to a protection scheme, that's a good comparison. It's like a roving mafia or gang rather than a country.

yep. they eventually garnered enough money, influence, and power to become staunchly independent. they were heavily involved in french politics towards the later middle ages. johan huizinga has a fantastic work that focuses on the burgundians particularly.

same user, or just look up fulk the red on wikipedia and continue on with supporting links to get a better picture. fulk set the stone for the burgundy of prestige and honor.

we were actually emperors and kings...and shit

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Empire_of_Haiti
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Empire_of_Haiti
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Haiti