What's the difference between Judaism and Semitic Paganism?

What's the difference between Judaism and Semitic Paganism?

____theism

Canaanite Paganism --> Yahwism --> Judaism

This is what YHWH, the Canaanite God looked like

benis :DDDDDD

>That bitch just chillin on a shopping cart

How should yahwe fuck his godly wife aschera/astarte without a dick?

Child burning according to the Tanach.

Yes lord? You want me to chuck a spear through a pregnant woman's belly? At once!

>I've never read a book on the issue
>oh look its YHWH

No evidence of that, the two figures are Bes. The picture is unrelated to the text next to it.

YHWH was originally the Canaanite War God. Apparently, the Canaanites went through periods of Henonism, where each group of peoples, or confederacies of Tribes, would pick a God and solely worship it. That's why you get some of the enemies in the bible worshipping one god, while another worships someone else.

At some point, YHWH apparently got conflated with El, the creator God, creating Jewish Monotheism.

>YHWH was originally the Canaanite War God
no evidence of this
> Canaanites went through periods of Henonism, where each group of peoples, or confederacies of Tribes, would pick a God and solely worship it
evidence needed
>That's why you get some of the enemies in the bible worshipping one god, while another worships someone else.
cite the biblical text
>YHWH apparently got conflated with El, the creator God
there's no official conclusion if El is creator (at least at Ugarit)

There is enough evidence to speculate, which is most of what we get when dealing with a lot of bronze age religion

We do it with pretty much every other religion and we are not going to stop, because speculation and confirmation by ohter experts are the only way to make progress in this field

where can I find info on this

>loose speculation
>is regularly parroted as established history across the board

Why am I not surprised in the least?

write it yourself, since it's made up

Its speculation according to a method developed by historians. If you trust other conclusions they come to you should trust the ones they make about ancient Judaism.

If you don't trust the historical method you shouldn't be here

Naohide monotheism--->sumerian/Akkadian nature worship---->sumerian/Akkadian paganism--->Semitic paganism/=/Abrahamic monotheistic revivalism--->Israelite yahwism.

That was created by neighboring Edomites depicting what they thought the Israelite God looked like. Other Canaanites didn't worship Yahweh.

>the historical method
empiricism is a joke just like you you uneducated mouth-breather