Tfw live in Ontario Canada and minimum wage is increasing to $13/hr in January and $15/hr next year

>tfw live in Ontario Canada and minimum wage is increasing to $13/hr in January and $15/hr next year

So is there any point of working a $13-15/hr job now if you wont get any raise when minimum wage increases? Might as well work in a factory at that point honestly.

Other urls found in this thread:

torontosun.com/2017/09/12/ontario-minimum-wage-hike-threatens-50000-jobs-watchdog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yup, go work in a factory.

minimum wage i $0/h
Much cheaper will be instal robot to do such simple job. You can see it right now in mcdonalds where googles wanted $20/h so they fired them and put screen where everyone can order by himself

how do i be come a robot

lol move to australia, my cousin is 14 and works at kmart and earns $15 an hour. I'm 19 and deliver pizzas for $22 an hour and $30 on sundays.

What's the cost of living like? I pay $289 a month live in a one bedroom condo in a gated community a few miles from the beach here in Florida. My total monthly bills are about $500 and I make 10x that between affiliate marketing and cryptocurrency.

Insane, Sydney in Melbourne are in top 10 most expensive cities in the world, at least adelaide you get sort of a nice balance, but there's barely any work

In Poland if you work as pizza deliver you will get like 12pln so around $4per hour and this is minimal wage there

>might as well work in one of the first jobs that will dissapear due to automated

Woaahh. Being middle-class in Canada must be such a struggle!

What the FUCK?! What city? user, please teach me your ways!

Jacksonville. Bought at the very bottomest of the bottom of the real estate dip. Condo was 25k. As for the cheap living, I do nothing but eat, sleep, make affiliate sites and trade crypto so no need for cable other than internet, smartphone, or anything else. Don't need a car as everything is within walking distance. It's paradise for me.

I thought this wasn't happening

Kek

Ontario finally raising minimum wage. Good job. As it wasn't already impossible enough to get a job in the GTA.

>Friend lives in Commiefornia
>Goes to vocational college for apprenticeship
>Starts out at $15
>Commiefornia raises minimum wage to $15
>MFW he wasted years of schooling just to work at McDonalds

with our cost of living thats about on par with the usa minimum wage now

>they doesn't realize that raising the minimum wage also causes wages in other jobs to increase too because of market forces
What's it like to be retarded?

>b-but there won't be enough jobs
Nope, employers already operate with the minimum possible number of employees to do business and therefore can't cut jobs. It's all fearmongering by Mr. Shekelberg.

Even so, it would be better making/fixing things for people and working to some level of mastery rather than work a job that people reference pejoratively as the epitome of shit-work.

Employers will become even choosier than before. Won't change the fact it will become harder to become hired. The funny thing is 35k-40k per year salary is considered a real job in the GTA. So now working a real desk job only pays $2-5 more per hour than working at McDonald's or Tim Horton's. LOL.

This is why Canada is now a banana republic. You got rich Chinese and established millionaire upper class and everyone else is poor. The rich don't even make their money or pay taxes in Canada they just live in Canada and buy homes and cars and have the underclass plebs serve them

>torontosun.com/2017/09/12/ontario-minimum-wage-hike-threatens-50000-jobs-watchdog

it's great because all a higher minimum wage does is force the employers to be far more choosy from a wider pool of applicants, and the retards who would've been able to score a job at half that wage will no longer be able to compete with the scores of non-retards also looking for a cushy $15/hr gig

its increasing to 14 in january not 13

Move to Australia, work in transport factory and make yourself $25-$31 an hour. AUD is on average close to CAD so cpuld always send some home for savings. Just an option, lots of people migrate here for this reason, great minimum wages.

Great idea but migrating is not easy nor cheap, unless you are Hot Girl.

Oy vey, the goyim want to afford rent. This is another shoah.

You don't have a god-given right to live in Toronto. If you can't afford shit, either improve your skillset or move to a cheaper, shittier city that is more accepting of your kind

this, I'm already dead inside what else do I need to do

These liberal nut didn't factor i the ripple affect this will cast. The people that is currently making $15-20 will want $20-$25.

Just let the market be what the market.

kek

Good luck getting that raise.