Has your country defeated Britain in a war?

Has your country defeated Britain in a war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_invasions_of_the_River_Plate
youtube.com/watch?v=EgwEY1ODInI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm technically Belgian but I consider myself French, therefore yes

>I'm technically Belgian but I consider myself French
A rat born in a stable isn't a horse.
checkem

but a horse born outside a stable is still a horse

>implying he's a horse
>implying he's not a dog at best

you didn't beat up daddy, you slapped the babysitter while daddy was at work

>During the Napoleonic Wars until 1810, Sweden and the United Kingdom were allies in the war against Napoleon. As a result of Sweden's defeat in the Finnish War and the Pomeranian War, and the following Treaty of Fredrikshamn and Treaty of Paris, Sweden declared war on the United Kingdom. The bloodless war, however, existed only on paper, and Britain was still not hindered in stationing ships at the Swedish island of Hanö and trade with the Baltic states.

BRITFAGS BTFO

Poland Yes.
We beat the shit out of English and Spanish during Napoleonic Wars.

How can bongistani even compete?

Britain lost none of those wars

>not mentioning this
cnut the great had polish mother btw

How deluded can one man be?

WE

African shithole reporting in

>Brits actually believe this
No one is saying we single handedly beat you, but it was a loss plain and simple.

>provincial troops get their asses handed to them by frontiersmen in an asymmetric colonial war
>offer the rebels suzerainty in exchange for a cessation of hostilities, which they accept
>slowly populate the colony with pro-British settlers over the next two decades in an effort to change the voting demographics
>fund British filibusters as they attempt to spearhead armed coups in major population centers
>launch a full-scale ground invasion when that doesn't work out
>put the settlers' families in concentration camps, gradually grind the rebel militia into the dust, then force a peace treaty and retract suzerainty

Thank god the American colonies rejected the peace commission in 1778.

>English Civil War
Yes

My country was the last to destroy British naval supremacy and invade Britain. Though the invasion was more of a raid but still.

yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_invasions_of_the_River_Plate

>Landlocked Poland managed to successfully invade England
I think this is even better than those battles where Brits lost against fucking Zulus.

>Landlocked Poland
>landlocked
What?

Damn it, I hoped it didn't have access to sea by 1016.

>Ireland
Yes, stay mad Britfags
inb4 "but muh norn iron" the goal of the war was for Irish independence, and they succeeded

Then again, who didn't invade England at least once...

Assuming you're Dutch, you forget the 'Glorious Revolution' of 1688, which was basically a Dutch invasion/occupation which put one of the Stadtholders on the British throne.

Wew lads, you all need to calm down a little. We're all friends here, right? Britain is only a moderately successful military power, nothing too glorious in defeating her militarily.

>Ireland
>Independent
Dev handed the place to the vatican then you became an EU gibs machine.

Uh, you weren't independent until 36, mate. you became a dominion.

>Ireland
they formed a rebellion to fight British rule in Ireland

Spain won wars against Britain many times

>Has your country defeated Britain in a war?
Humiliating them and their shitty navy was practically the Dutch favorite pastime during the 1600-1700 Golden Age.

DECISIVE

ZULU

V I C T O R Y

We are currently beating them in the demographic war

Kek.

did they fear the zulu warrior?

>USA

It was almost too easy

Sure

>an American poster actually understands the union
First time for everything I guess

No, unless you count Australia as a province of America, in which case absolutely

dogs are useful

Yes. Kinda. We took their fancy boat at least

War of Jenkins Ear

WAR
NOT A FUCKING BATTLE

go to france then, we dont need you here

An interesting historical affair, known as the Skirmish of Halkokari, occurred at the town on 6 June 1854 during the Crimean War. Royal Marines from HMS Vulture and HMS Odin tried to come ashore to deal with public property in the town "in accordance with the usages of war". The marines were repelled by local defenders armed with hunting rifles supported by troops, artillery and possibly Russian advisors and military. One of the 9 smaller British craft (a gunboat) fell into the hands of the defenders. As such, this boat was the only Royal Navy vessel still in foreign possession in 1914. The boat is still today a museum-object and can be seen in Kokkola's English Park. The town council has refused to return the boat despite several requests by the United Kingdom, most recently by John Stuttard, the Lord Mayor of London. The British Treasury annually pays a small sum to the local church congregation for the maintenance of the graves of nine Royal Marines killed in action during the skirmish .[6]

DELET

youtube.com/watch?v=EgwEY1ODInI

Flip, here we pushed back Brits and Waffles with our Spanish overlords.

Well the entire shit was a shitshow, with backstabbing revolutionaries, guerrilla gorillas and all around resistance. The entire ordeal also brought in a lot of pajeets in the country.

Britain and England aren't the same thing m8

Funny, Englishmen would say otherwise.

Yeah but said "Britain lost NONE of these wars" while on the pic, 6 wars were lost after England became Britain

I am an Englishman and no we don't say that.
Napoleonic War is just one proper war, American War of Independence was a British Colony against Britain so not a war any existing country can take credit for.

>I am an Englishman
Teeth or GTFO.

>Spain
Yes

We lost the battle but we won the war.
Frogs did most of the job tho.

not really

>Napoleonic War is just one proper war
Even if you go by that logic, the first two coalition were still a distinct war from the Napoleonic Wars
A war that Britain lost
Pic related

>American War of Independence was a British Colony against Britain so not a war any existing country can take credit for.
Is what what Brits tell themselves to sleep at nite?

Kek

>Is what what Brits tell themselves to sleep at nite?
It's simply a fact I stated.

Cheeky

Anglo like to mock us and call us le toilet cleaners. Little they now they in fact are just another bastard spawn of our superior scythian seed.

>men from the Duchy of Poland
>hired latrine diggers

>British "humo(u)r"

>i consider myself french
Then move to France you silly bastard.

>in a war
France hasn't defeated the UK in a war unless we count the American Revolutionary war where they were helped by a substantial force of Brits, Spain, France, the Netherlands and Mysore.
>in b4 some trivial division of the Napoleonic wars are posted

>France hasn't defeated the UK in a war unless we count the American Revolutionary war
>in b4 some trivial division of the Napoleonic wars are posted

See French Revolutionary War with the British capitulation leading to Amiens

>citing Mysore and the Netherlands for the American Revolutionary War

Lmao, Brits are pathetic
But eh, that's the closest Britain ever came from fighting alone against a coalition

But France won american revolutionary war for USA

Easily

Kinda like saying that Britain won the Eastern Front for the USSR.

Filthy walloon, submit to your flemish masters

The USA obviously has so I'll instead cite the wars of muh ancestors.

>Italy (central to southern)
Romans conquered Britain, so technically yeah.
>France
Many times, yeah. French Revolutionary Wars, War of the Third Coalition, War of the Fourth Coalition, and War of the Fifth Coalition to name a few.
>Portugal
nope, too bro-esque.
>Armenia
do they even know each other.

Dutch defeated England not Britain

Rome and Byzantium arent the same thing
Muscovy and Russia arent the same thing
Ethiopia and Abyssinia arent the same thing
Prussia and Germany arent the same thing
Toe-may-toe and Toe-mah-toe arent the same thing

Byzantium is Rome but Rome is not Byzantium.
Muscovy stopped existing when Ivan IV started calling himself "Tsar of All Russias", and not "Grand Prince of Moscow".
Ethiopia and Abyssinia are the same thing - Abyssinia just isn't used anymore. Although if you want to get precise Abyssinia consisted only of the northern part of modern-day Ethiopia.
Prussia was a subdivision of Germany until 1947.
Tomato and Tomato are the same thing, just different pronunciations.

I'm french canadian so, eh , guess not.

>separating the wars of the coalition instead of treating them as one gargantuan world shattering conflict

Gay.

>nstead of treating them as one gargantuan world shattering conflict

It's at the bare minimum two
See

>BRITFAGS BTFO
I may have just fallen for the bait but how is that btfo? Seems to me the Swedish liked Britain more than France and merely pretended to be at war just so the French wouldn't sperg out.