How did Asia manage to overtake America in a few generations despite America having an enormous head start and the...

How did Asia manage to overtake America in a few generations despite America having an enormous head start and the advantage of not having to suffer through any wars on its soil and the advantage of not having to deal with any serious regional instability?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_cultural_sphere
data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?view=chart,&year_high_desc=true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

east asian model of development

Innovating is more costly than copying.

It's obviously not this simple but once the government was united to a purpose 1.3 billion people really help.

America stopped trying. Regarding your picture, I live in a city with 4.5 million people and comically small skyline (pic related). Whenever I bring up the fact they should build some actual skyscrapers to my friends, they're all like
>waste of money
>what's the point
>who cares
Western countries simply stopped giving a fuck about their image, which is sad.

Fair point but who really gives a fuck if Phoenix gets a couple skyscrapers, it's like makeup on a goat.

The only Asian country with a higher HDI than America is Singapore and the only two Asian countries with higher GDP per capita are Brunei and Singapore. One is a tiny oil sultanate and the other is a city-state.

It's a massive as fuck, wealthy, modern, developed city. The skyline however is ass tier.

America lulled itself into a false sense of security and decided it's easier to maintain status quo by indoctrinating it's population with hyper-individualist ideals and pumping them full of xenoestrogens until half your pop is half-ton special snowflakes putting their little energy in arguing who gets to use which toilet.

>Building big skyscrapers for no reason is a good idea
Skyscrapers are the result of extreme population density mixed with high housing prices. Why would you just build them for no reason? Sure it may help with your image but it will cause you to go bankrupt.

Being practical is a meme. In the past we used to build monumental shit just for the sake of building monumental shit, even if it was costly and impractical, just because we could. And then we stopped. Now Asians and Arabs are doing it.

We don't have the rapid growth of industry like we used to and like Asia does now. You need an economic boom to afford big senseless projects, not a huge deficit.

We still have the most billionaires in the world.

Qatar is in Asia too.

>we still have the most wealth inequality in the world
pat yourself on the back bud

Your point being? It's always been rich people who built skyscrapers, not Jared from the mom and pop store.

How does that matter at all? We don't have the money to build massive projects everywhere. Unless a city sees a huge surplus from rapid growth, it cannot build anything.

Big projects are reserved for when your growth is something closer to or above +5% a year, US growth is +2%. We haven't seen +5% since 2000.

I'll have you know Jared's a good friend of mine

>the city
The cities are never building shit, it's always almost exclusively been private enterpreneurs.

>Big projects are reserved for when your growth is something closer to or above +5% a year
This is factually incorrect since some of the biggest public projects in America like Hoover Dam or Overseas Highway were built during the great depression. Keynesian model and all.

Ancient Chinese secret

Because of globalism the wealthy have no country.

By having absolutely zero regard for human life and safety practices (in regards to the Chinks anyway) so you can build massive industries on the bones of the people.

It's not exactly hard to boost your GDP figures when you have an army of insect people who have had the feeling of empathy bred out of them for a couple of generations.

They had a big and poor population. You don't have to get as rich as America with that, just improve things from 500 dollars per capita to 20,000 dollars per capita and you're richer than the US. Don't have to surpass the US individually, just close the gap somewhat, and that's not too hard.

Why don't you burn all your money in a fire if being practical isn't important

The pyramids wouldn't have been built if everyone was a faggot like you.

actually the pyramids wouldn't have been built without slavery.

>that's not too hard.
Speak like true spoiled genius.

"Asia" is BIG place, you need to narrow it down a bit.

Perhaps you're referring to "East Asia" or "Sinosphere", then the answers are clearly relating to cultures, social values, governments, leaderships, policies, and "intelligence"(no matter how libercucks and wh*te supremacists want to deny it).

Surrender monkeys irreparably btfo
>second world education for third rate people

Industrialization isn't that hard.

compared to actually surpassing America, no, it isn't that hard
The Chinese aren't particularly rich, there's just a lot of them

The question of the thread is why did Asia manage to overtake America, burning American money in useless projects won't mean the US surpasses China

> How did Asia manage to overtake America in a few generations

Wall Street parasites and their puppets in D.C. literally sold out America.

“The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia.
The issue now is about Americans looking to not get fucked over.”
— Steve Bannon —

this Some parts of asia were stable and had a good environment for industrialization, which they did in the post war era when new technology made it even easier. They bought equipment and machinery from the west that allowed them to be several orders of magnitude more efficient in whatever it was they were doing and used that money to make more investments.

If anything the corrupt zaibatsu style corporatism made this process less efficient.

>Steve Bannon

>Slaves built the pyramids
When will this meme end. The pyramids were built by laborers and artisans who were actually payed quite well for the time.

which is to exploit to the extreme, america's willingness to share its wealth.

The pyramid's were actually impressive because they were fucking useless though, if i built 6 water pumps in a city that needs 1 that wouldn't bring prestiege, it'd get people thinking i'm a fucking idiot.

Not cucked by derpmocracy or consumption led models of development. Authoritarian governments who kick the shit out of their version of sjws and make them work in labor camps.

Pyramids weren't build by slaves you fucking brainlet

What is this meme? "Asian" growth is superficial because the average person still lives like shit compared to an American. How many Americans do you see riding scooters? Hardly any because we can afford cars and motorcycles.

It's just a dick measuring contest anyways. China thinks building a mass of skyscrapers = successful cities. Most buildings don't even have tenants. They're just stylish commieblocks.

Things change in the early 70s. Whoever was president changed the course of US economy.

Wouldn't you rather have good roads and stable infrastructure than a pretty skyline to look at? Phoenix infrastructure is top notch and you'll probably see the downtown explode as more people move in.

Europeans spent centuries industrializing and developing the techniques along the way on their own. After China established a strong central government they looked at a ready made model and ran with it.

I've lived my whole life in Phoenix, and frankly, it could hardly be called a city. Sure, the population is massive and it has great new infrastructure, but the whole thing is so god damn spread out that 90% of people don't even see the downtown skyline once a year.

This. Phoenix is a desert shithole.

Scooters are still popular in several developed countries

It's the cost of empire. You can't be an empire without having to pay for it and it's not just Wall Street that embraced empire but the populous as a whole. Americans like controlling the world if you don't factor that into your understanding you'll end up with distorted view.
The American middle class have a vested interest in Wall Street. They have investments and enjoy dividends. They enjoy the markets rallying. A middle class program is a Wall Street program by default.

You need to understand that with the development of game changing technologies societies who invented them tend to swamp and gain power over their less technically advanced peers. What happened was East Asia and South Asia were the countries who controlled world trade after the development of civilization in mesopotamia due to their very fertile agrarian societies. When Euros came up with empiricism, the scientific method, and industrialization they gained a significant advantage over everyone else, kind of like the invention of chariots, horse archers, and agriculture. Eventually the countries in the Easy adapted these technologies and methods (scientific method, empiricism, and industrialization) and due to their huge population numbers they'll eventually take their place as economic center of the world again once they successfully integrate these new models of development into their society. In the long run, this is inevitable, unless a genocide level disaster occurs

>the average person still lives like shit compared to an American
This is more like typical meme from wh*te supremacists who never visit China or any east Asian countries once.

The only answer.

>How did Asia manage to overtake America
They did really? Seeing how you are comparing a continent to one country.

>By having absolutely zero regard for human life and safety practices (in regards to the Chinks anyway) so you can build massive industries on the bones of the people.
>It's not exactly hard to boost your GDP figures when you have an army of insect people who have had the feeling of empathy bred out of them for a couple of generations.

>I literally don't understand how shitty the process of industrialization was in the UK and the US and believe that the exploitation going on in China isn't just par for the course for early industrial periods
FTFY

"A rootless, international clique"
Was Hitler right? Is this the real enemy?

America is also a continent, two actually.

>sinosphere
I needed a good laugh, thanks.

Hello /pol/.

>everyone ignores the only good post in the whole thread because it doesn't play into the superiority or inferiority of Euro or Asian societies
SAD!

I mean, not in the way he intended. Not all capitalists shilling for globalism are Jews

I don't see anything funny about it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_cultural_sphere
>The "Sinosphere", or "East Asian cultural sphere", refers to a grouping of countries and regions in East Asia that were historically influenced by the Chinese culture. Other names for the concept include the Sinic world, the Confucian world, and the Chinese cultural sphere, though the last is also used to refer particularly to the Sinophone world: the areas which speak varieties of Chinese.

>Chinese cultural sphere
I needed a hearty chuckle, thanks

Yeah, chuckle to death all you want, but it's fact and a real term, which is even brought up by Japanese first.

I mean they same dismissive attitude that Westerners have about Chinks is actually how they surpassed the West without them realizing it in the past 20 years

>surpassed the west
Gave me a cheeky little giggle, thanks

IQ is a meme though and have a lot of enviromental factors. Ashkenazi Jews are the ethnic group with the highest IQ and that is easily explained when you look at the way they educate their children.
But IQ is still a meme because it only "measures" systematic/logical thinking and its heavily influenced by education. It's hard to measure creativity, long term memory and other cognitive skills in a test.

>IQ is just meme
Yeah, sure, keep denying it while the inconvenient truth is right in front of you, so typical. Libercucks really are part of of /pol/tards.

>How did Asia manage to overtake America in a few generations

it hasn't? Nowhere in Asia is better than the US except a few cities.

not even american

Chinese GDP per capita (PPP) which takes into account local prices, is higher than America's though

Most big projects which you see as a staple of American success today (skyscrapers, the interstate system, etc) were built during extremely prosperous times.

>"A rootless, international clique"
>Was Hitler right? Is this the real enemy?

He wasn’t wrong but it’s more then just the Jews, technology has allowed the Global Corporate Nobility of all ethnicities to become essentially a separate species.

They no longer have any connection with average citizens and don’t give a single fuck about their own supposed nationality, as they only move among, interact with and marry within their own elite class.

An American Wall Street parasite has more in common with their fellow parasitical elites in China, Mexico, Korea, Arabia, etc. then they do with you and me.

It's not just Asia.
Developing countries develop at a faster rate the later they start to develop.

This see Carlos Slims

That's because the concept of nationality is bullshit on the first place, the guy at the top are smart enough to realize that.

They didn't. And america was historically a backwater for most of its history.

>the concept of nationality is bullshit
Those "Corporate Nobility" still have to obey national laws made by their own nations, otherwise they'll be in jails.You're also the product of nationality, burn your passport first then we can talk.

data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?view=chart,&year_high_desc=true

Maybe its rich in the city states but look at the USA it got one of the highest GDP per capita despite having many no go zone.

GDP per capita isn't an accurate measure of wealth because a burger can cost $6 in the US while 6Yuan (1Dollar) in China. Thats GDP (((per capita))) exists, and on average the Chinese are richer in that.

wtf is with the rat people insectoids thinking a cramped city with ridiculous housing prices is a good thing

Yeah, well, no shit Sherlock. I wasn't talking about the concept of states, but of national identity for its own sake.

The U.S. is a big fucking country with plenty of room for a lot of its cities to expand, so there's really not a lot of need to start building up yet.

those stats take into account purchasing power(PPP) and the level of life in china doesn't show that they are very wealthy.

Why would you call people that? It's totally uncalled for

That just contributes to urban sprawl and more issues

Were the globalists to have their way there would be laws that encompass the globe. This runs contrary to the interests of a rootless internationalist who wants to find safe havens from taxes and regulations.

/pol/, Steve Bannon, Alex Jones and that crowd fly into a rage over "globalists" yet imagine them to be suave neoliberals (or Jews), it is actually a different strata of the elite, politicians with stately powers and rich people less interested in commerce and just sit on their money.

>Lynn
It's useless map. Literally.

>Were the globalists to have their way there would be laws that encompass the globe.

Well, I guess we dodged that bullet....

Hah! Nice assumption, Chang. I was stationed in Korea with the US army from 2012-2014. In that time I visited many parts of Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. I had to wait until 2015 (when I ETS'd) to visit mainland China because it was quasi-off limits for soldiers to visit. I touch on this last.

>Japan
Pretty nice and advanced as you'd expect. Every day tasks such as buying groceries or getting around feel more medial than in the US. As a skyline enthusiasts, I was really let down by the largest city in the world - Tokyo. Cities like Houston, Edmonton, and Seattle have more aesthetic skylines to boot. 8/10.

>South Korea
Not as nice as Japan and it's quite apparent that the standard of living isn't up to par. There is a serious class divide in wealth that's noticeable in all facets of life including the military. The KATUSA's - who are mostly rich kids - are either really competent or really abysmal soldiers. The ROC army regulars are, for the most part, hopeless idiots.

>Taiwan
Living outside of Taipei might as well be the same as living in mainland China. Potholes and electrical wires everywhere make for a pretty ugly capital city and all of the buildings outside of downtown look old.

>China
There's so much I can say about this but I'm pretty lazy now. You don't know true fear until you've been stuck in an elevator at a mall in Guangzhou for four hours. The air is dirty everywhere you go and hundreds of sweatshops operate in the country.

>deserts are bad
Northeast snowcuck spotted

Not even close you retard.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

I live in the South West. Phoenix is a desert shithole.

just gonna take a second to say can we please carpet bomb the phoenix metropolitan especially mesa and gilbert

i can't articulate how bad it is, you can tell it all just by the looks on the faces of people that live there

The only southwestern city that isn't in the desert is Denver which is a catastrophic shithole full of niggers, hobos and Californians.

>especially mesa and gilbert
Liberal spotted

What if you built those water pumps in the shape of American Presidents though? Practicality and prestige.

Phoenix water crisis is a meme, it only ever existed because the city had so much agriculture. Once we cut down on that shit, the crisis went away. The water crisis LA faces is far more severe.

have you ever been to mesa or gilbert

if you're not in the middle of a sprawling apartment complex then you're in the middle of abandoned shopping complexes crawling with dindus, white trash, and whatever variety of spic you need

you can walk any direction in gilbert or mesa and end up in a catholic shithole with fucking Quetzalcoatl painted on one wall and jesus dying on the cross on the one across from it, then it's all orale and wedo until you get past the liquor-store-covered-in-soccer-ads landmark

or you managed to get lucky and wander into the part of town that's literally just big call centers

what an ugly, ugly place

I'm in Scottsdale and yes I have, there's nothing that would particularly anger me about those places, they're just generic sprawly suburbia. The cities are some of the most conservative in the nation though, especially Gilbert which is full of Mormons, so it's typically only liberals who get this ass devastated about them.

Aridzona girls are hot as fuck though

Which area is Metro Center/castles and coasters in? That shit is fucking tragic and I'm from El Paso