How comes the Italians fucked a state so hard that those people started to see themselves as their conquerors?

How comes the Italians fucked a state so hard that those people started to see themselves as their conquerors?

greeks were always cultureless larpers on their own.

What state? The unified Greek state that existed prior to the Roman conquest?

Byzantine history is sad.
>form officially in 330
>get your ass kicked hard by Arabs and have half your territory conquered a little 300 years later
>"Hey atleast we have Asia minor right?"
>nope
>Turks come in strolling and yank it right out of your hands four centuries later
>slowly start losing inch by inch of your territory by greedy Bulgarians who want to be relevant
>then get sacked hard by your """allies""" in 1200
>on the verge of death
>still repel regular assaults from greedy Serbians who want to be relevant
>the Turks who smacked your ass four centuries ago come back and finally put you out of your misery

modern day greeks are a disgrace t b h

>form officially in 330
user...

What the fuck are you illiterate baboons even doing on this board? You clearly lack even a retard's understanding of history.

Were Anatolians a different people from the Greeks? Or did they consider themselves a single group until the Turks BTFO Asia minor?

If they were not the same to begin with, the Greeks ended up to be more Anatolian Greeks than Greeks.

Anatolia was the source of manpower for Byzantium, and the constsnt pillaging for centuries in the Greek penninsula resulted in a depopulation of the countryside repeatedly, which had to be solved by moving population from Anatolia to Greece again and Again.

Then the Seljuks took over, their raids exterminated many of the Anatolian Greeks and replaced them and forced the rest to the coasts.

I admire the Anatolian Greeks, they survived to much shit, and the Themes there were so well organized and battle experienced because of Arab raids, when Anatolia was lost only men like the Komnenoi could save that empire, and even they did many mistakes.

Stay mad patapopopolous ancient greeks would be rolling in their graves but thankfully modern greeks arent related to them

>The unified Greek state that existed prior to the Roman conquest?
What the fuck are you smoking?

Alexandar's kingdoms i presume?

>but thankfully modern greeks arent related to them
what did he mean by this?

That's what I'm asking the op, dumbo.

hmm
funny how you ignored every postive thing that happened to the byzantines like a retard
really makes you think

>implying
Mycaneans LARPed as Minoans who were non IE. Greeks have always been LARPers

You mean Turks

That the Greeks, a large and probably the most influential people in the Near East from Alexander's time until the Turks, were mysteriously displaced with no written records of such events taking place at some point in history.

The coasts were colonized by Greeks ever since they had access to boats and the populations would be largely Greek in those colonies but naturally would also have some influence from nearby populations. The interior was much more Anatolian but there were also large degrees of Hellenization depending on what period we are talking about. Hellenization continued even after the Hellenistic period until most of it was entirely Greek-speaking. I don't know to what extent Anatolian identities still prevailed after Hellenization, but the Anatolians had been stateless for a very long time. They were probably close populations to begin with in all respects - like Nordics and Germans. I think the final trace of the Anatolian languages disappeared around 300 AD.

faggotreek spotted

Greeks are neolithic farmers LARPing as Indo-European steppe niggers. Turks are neolithic farmers LARPing as turkic steppe niggers.
They're both LARPers

Whenever someone misuses/overuses the word "larp" i want to crush its face with a hammer and rape its mother in front of it.

Does anyone feel the same thing?