Normands were Germ-

-ans

t. lindybeige

here comes the autist

I'm not him

I am merely an inferior non-Gaul that recognize the greatness of the Gallic Race

What does this have to do with the fact that Normans were Germanic Danes?

Reminder you're dealing with this guy

based lowtest beardlet.

>that Normands were Germanic Danes

Obviously they were not as proved by that Normand historian

>Obviously they were not
prove it

See Bayeux Tapestry

norman elite was norse, it doesn't matter that they used french people as cannon fodder.

French arent gauls, that just germanic (franks) LARPing as roman, norman was a germanic tribe, norman comes from norseman which means north man, i know this because i read it from swedish, norway poster

>norman was a germanic tribe
*anglo detected*

Which color was William the Conqueror's hair ? Black or Blond ?

hair colour is your argument against norse normans(northmen northemn lmao) ?

Its almost as if blonde is a recessive trait and after generations of Norsemen pounding swarthy French pussy ended up with William being swarthy

Refering to the French of the Crusades era as "Franks" (like many people do) is already some retarded anachronism, but refering to them as "Gauls"....that's a whole new level
What next? Neanderthals?

see guy is a schizo

At most they could be Germanic (which they were before the generations of intermixing with frogs), but certainly not Germans
They came from Denmark-Norway, not from Germany

>norman elite was norse

When they arrived in France, sure
But 1066 occured eight generations of interbreeding with locals later
Rollo's son was already 50% Danish, 50% French (through his mom)
So William, seven generations of intermarriage later, was like 80% French

Gauls were German

see

>aknowledge William was more French than Nordic genetically speaking
>still autistically rant about Normans being Nords

Uh?

So you admit that Guillaume was Gallic both racially and culturally

His Gallicness obviously explain his greatness btw, it is obvious that Nords were unable to conquer such a thing as a kingdom only Based Gauls could manage such a feat

>implying i'm the one that wrote "Gesta Tancredi"

You have some serious mental illness lad

But "pure" Normans even today aren't swarthy, I live in Normandy (I'm half Anglo) and I met all my life plenty of people who could well have been from Scandinavia although most of the people looks like your standard brit/Belgian/German.

you're confusing time periods

>"pure" Normans
>today

Dude, even by the years 1017 there was no "pure norman" left, so you certainly won't find any in 2017

Blond people exist in the rest of France as well, and in Spain and Italy too
That's not some exclusively Scandinavian feature

>Brit/Belgian/German.
They are as Swarthy as French

We're talking about Nords here, not Celts LARPing as Germanics

U106 from Hallstatt were Germanics, my dear autismo friend.

>U106 from Hallstatt were Germanics

The Hallstatt culture was the predominant Western and Central European culture of Early Iron Age Europe from the 8th to 6th centuries BC, developing out of the Urnfield culture of the 12th century BC (Late Bronze Age) and followed in much of its area by the La Tène culture. It is commonly associated with Proto-Celtic and Celtic populations in the Western Hallstatt zone and with (pre-)Illyrians in the eastern Hallstatt zone.[1]

WE WUZ GERMANIC

lmao

Are you an idiot?
We can trace back my mother's ancestors 500 hundred years ago on both side of the family, all normans from roughly the same area, she's as Norman as it gets and there's still plenty like her.
Did I say anything about blondness? Anyway I've met people who were indeed very blonde with blue eyes, tall with wide frame, and typical Scandinavian features. They were of "pure" norman peasant stock.

God i hope you're not this guy or else you should seriously think about taking meds

I obviously did not wrote that article, it is just common knowledge that Hallstatt was Celtic

Why do Britshits deny their Germanic ancestry while ignoring that the Franks and Normans were assimilated and basically started the concept of "French"ness for the French?

Are YOU an idiot? Because your family will be as FRENCH as it gets - the Scandinavian element in Normandy was tiny in 911. By 1066 the Normans were racially, culturally and linguistically assimilated. By c.1500 when your ancestors begin to show up in Normandy, there will have been nothing distinguishing them genetically from other Frenchmen.

Norman at this point is a demonym and nothing more.

>racially

Britons glory in their Germanic ancestry
We just accept that we are also descended from the Romano-British as well

Is this meant to be a satire?

>from the Romano-British as well
LARPing just to feel better

>frogs
Franks*
Why do you guys talk like if the french aren't germanic?

Weekly Daily Reminder that a Breton, AKA a Briton was the richest man in the history of the isles.

Because they're Latin/Celt crossbreeds. Like the English aren't Norman, and the Russians aren't Swedes.

Latin are our crossbreeds not us

The Latins are mix of Gauls(R1b) and Etruscans(J2)

Lol, LARPer, they are more germanic than any of those, you can find some exceptions but the majority carry more germanic blood than gaul or latin
Why LARP? Why hide the people that gave the country you are living today?

>this guy obsessed with Germanics
Why do you even care about Europe in the first place ?

Browsed /pol/ for 3 years and i end up hating germanic and anything that is pale with light features

So you want us to be Germanics so you can have a reason to hate us ?

Pretty fucked up imo

Uh no, i have read about them and franks werent the only germanic tribe to invaded and settled gaul

So stop LARPing, i know that you prefer latin/gaul ancestor but it cant be, blame your real ancestor, germanics

You pathetic faggot. I guess you couldn't handle 3 years of being reminded daily that you're an inferior shitskin in a shitty shitskin country that will always be inferior to white and particularly Germanic nations.

And by the way, what makes you so special that you need a name? We're all doing fine being anonymous, so what sets you apart from us that you need one and we don't? Do you think you're special or something, or that we actually care about who you are and what you're posting? Fuck off.