What happens when you want to make a transaction but you don't have an internet connection?

What happens when you want to make a transaction but you don't have an internet connection?

Seems like the elephant in the room amidst all this new paradigm talk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y3dqhixzGVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if the internet is down you should worry more about fucking surviving than imaginary coins

Hop on some wifi? It's everywhere

>hurr what if there's like no internet or electricity

you mine a block with pencil and paper to complete your tx
youtu.be/y3dqhixzGVo

>he doesn't have a phone capable of providing an access point
seriously, do that instead of relying on god knows whose wifi that can be sniffed, MITM attacked and so on
have a VPN when using wifi other than your own
an added benefit to using your phone as an access point is the fact that your IP stays the same, therefore it doesn't trigger possible unknown IP warnings, the same goes for VPN

I'm a software engineer, And I've figured out how to make the block chain work with out interconnectivity. I posted about it the other day and not a single one of you cared enough to even post in my thread. So fuck you - I might make an ICO.

I'll just connect to my blockstream satellite.

well now I've taken notice and I'd like to hear what you have to say about inovating blockchain tech

This problem already exists for merchants who accept credit cards. Sometimes the card machine loses connection and card transactions are not possible.

So we're all just going to pretend that catastrophic events and significant power outages are impossible, huh? Cool, what's the worst that can happen?

>biz is one person

How could the block chain possibly work without the internet?

how you get your shitty piece of shit card swiped through the reader if there is no electricity? its all working on magic you genious? atms too? fucking retard

>catastrophic events and significant power outages

Everything would be frozen and offiline, your fiat is useless.

In case of a catastrophic event Bitcoin would be the least of your worries.

Cash would still be accepted as a valid currency because it has a socially agreed upon value and it doesn't rely on any kind of virtual ledger.

>How could the block chain possibly work without the internet?
That's what i've solved. Ill probably start an ICO and work on a white paper if i ever get around to making a working product. Problem is some of the aspects are outside my field.

You can SMS the transaction data to a node. You could print out the transaction on a piece of paper, send it by carrier pigeon to the nearest town where it can be sent via horse drawn carriage to the nearest city where they have a post office. Your transaction can then be mailed via the postal service to anywhere in the world, wherever your friend you want to send bitcoin to lives, and they can import and broadcast the transaction over the internet, and your transaction will be included in the blockchain.

what happens if the power goes out and the refrigerator cools down?
refrigerators BTFO

Cash wouldn't be worth jack shit when people are fighting for survival. Fiat wouldn't even be worth stealing. The only currency viable in a total meltdown scenario is gold, that would however quickly end up with you being killed for it. Guns ammo and canned food is where real value is

>catastrophic event happens
>cheap goods are now a ridiculous price because of supply/demand

in the event of catastrophic events, nothing backs up cash. ammo and guns are the only thing worth anything